Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues with Auto-balancing, Team-shuffling and general fairness.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with Auto-balancing, Team-shuffling and general fairness.

Hello friends. Currently, there is a very, very looming and simply unchecked issue with the TG servers as they stand. Whether or not anyone is aware of this, it is my sole opinion that tat the issue in question needs to be examined and something done about it. this issue is team balancing and team shuffling. Taking into account the nature of the servers we(as in the BF3 community as a whole) use, it seems rather difficult to do anything with them on a permanent level. However, it seems some headway has been made in programming scripts or special tools for the server. The problem is, all too often there seems to be a great deal of team stacking going on as a result of there bring no server side team shuffles occurring at all. This causes 4-5 round winning streaks for one team, and the opposite for their opposing team. My question is, can this be addressed? If so can it be addressed soon? Its coming to the point where TG servers are unplayable for several hours at a time. These 3+ round winning streaks for one team has to end, its not only unfair but it also breaks the spirit of sportsmanship and the game as a whole.(Just five minutes ago I came out of a game where there was a 3-round lose streak and the teams had been the same since i joined.)

If a script or some sort of server tool can auto-scramble the teams after a single round, i think it would benefit the fairness and give any player's team a fair chance at winnign the game, rather than being stuck on a one sided match with a glaringly, and frankly depressingly obvious out come.

Re: Issues with Auto-balancing, Team-shuffling and general fairness.

Many threads have been posted about this. In my eyes, my idea if I lose a few rounds in a row is, "Wow, I need to step up my game by being an SL or encourage my team more." I don't take it as team stacking unless I see people actually move over to the other team in which I have not seen on the server recently at least. One team is just doing better communication and teamwork, not that the players are all better than the other team.
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Let me address this in general, and not AtomicIrishman in particular:
      When this happens, please come and talk to the admin team, or report it as a problem, we can move people or squads around.

We've discussed automated solutions in the past, and it always comes down to that all it does is prevent intentional teamstacking, in the end it will be a random shuffle, and one side will occasionally end up with all the experienced SLs, or all the pilots, or all the skilled tankers.

Until today, I have not once had anyone join the TS admin channel to request teams be mixed up. Not a single time.

We have however had this discussion on the forums after the fact many times, how about helping us deal with it when it's actually happening?

Comment

During our round our team was not stacked as we lost the round before.

I don't believe in stacked teams in BF3.
        It all comes down to using coms and planning.

I would hate to see a scrambler that switches you mid match.
        It's happened to me on rush when my team is winning and I get switched to the losing side and we lose.
        All the hard work to push up and than it being taken away is un-fair.

I'll use this as an example.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4/1/230242864/

We rushed to the island on my order and stole your APC and Tank.
        We than planed to take the island, than sub and push inwards.
        We did and won.

But as IamFallen has said, go see him in channel.

But back to the shuffler, what if we do shuffle and the teams are still stack?

Comment

As genuine as I could possibly be, did you try searching for anything related to team stacking prior to posting a new thread? Any search would reveal multiple threads with hundreds of posts where a good percentage of the community weighed their thoughts on this.

Comment

Well, let's be careful with the terms, stacked and unbalanced are not the same thing.

Teamstacking is intentionally creating lopsided teams to gain some benefit. Teamstacking goes directly against the TG primer.
            Unbalanced teams are a perpetual problem with online gaming and happen now and then through no-one's fault.

However, in the interest of maintaining an appropriate server environment, everyone needs to be aware of team imbalances and strive to correct them when they happen.

Admins can help when things are blatantly off, but we need the community to help as well. Both by switching teams, and making us aware when imbalances happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
              Well, let's be careful with the terms, stacked and unbalanced are not the same thing.

Teamstacking is intentionally creating lopsided teams to gain some benefit. Teamstacking goes directly against the TG primer.
              Unbalanced teams are a perpetual problem with online gaming and happen now and then through no-one's fault.
              Fair point, my mistake. I incorrectly mis-worded and connected the dots. However, my point still stands: this topic has been discussed ad nauseaum (randomization and shuffling included). I don't think anyone doubts the admin team is doing what they can to rectify the problem, and we as a community are well aware and try to correct it ourselves, but there's only so much we as players can do, no matter how hard we try.

Comment

I was on for a bit this afternoon as well, we got rolled. Did I think the teams were stacked? No, we got out played plain and simple. Wake Island was the worst of them from what I remember. Ru started off ok, but Fullmetal worked us with the chopper. They simply had better pilots then us, and we couldn't turn the tide.

Towards the end of that round a number of people quit and the teams became rather lopsided. That was no one's fault except for those leaving. As soon as it was announced that teams were uneven, at least 2-3 people announced in chat that they would switch over for the next round (it was to late in the game for them to do it then).

Servers are going to get lopsided at some point or another, we just need to remember to call on our helpful admin team when it does!
                sigpic

Comment

I think on occasion I have been guilty of reverse team stacking.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think the Crosshairs + 80% is pure crap, why break something that isnt broken (HC mode)
                    -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Comment

Hello AtomicIrishman!

Thanks for bringing up the issue.

I will guide you to a previous thread where we have gone over the issue in depth (9 pages long)
                      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...m-balance.html

Once you have read that, you should understand where we stand.
                      There is no perfect solution unfortunately.

Report the problem to an admin. That's all we have right now.

Now, let's lock this thread please before this turns into another 9 page thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DocGuo View Post
                        Hello AtomicIrishman!

Thanks for bringing up the issue.

I will guide you to a previous thread where we have gone over the issue in depth (9 pages long)
                        http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...m-balance.html

Once you have read that, you should understand where we stand.
                        There is no perfect solution unfortunately.

Report the problem to an admin. That's all we have right now.

Now, let's lock this thread please before this turns into another 9 page thread.
                        +1

Comment

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to have something posted as a sticky that outlines the common concerns, list what players / admins can and cannot do about it if someone finds it an issue, goes over why randomizing isn't a solution etc...

From the countless threads devoted to the topic I've yet to see any new thoughts on the matter so ending these threads with a simple "refer to X sticky" which would have all the information in one organized and clear way seems like a good way to go.

Comment

Oh, it's this thread again. Same thing applies, report to an admin if there are issues.
                            A.E.K.Δ.B.

Comment

I was in the server when it was typed that we were winning 520 - 200 tickets...LOL!!!! Way to much drama. 10 minutes later the map ended at 227 - 0 and the next round we were down 4 players and still won. What would you like done??? we had players switch, the opposing side was even out numbering us, yet we still held 4 of 5 flags the next round. It was clearly disorganization on the opposing team. Should we have become even more disorganized than your team so you could win? The round after people were saying teams were unfair/stacked and everything else, it ended at 35-0. The map after it was I believe less than that. This isn't aimed at the OP but really these threads are getting old. people don't go out of there way to stack teams......period! For the past week I have played 4 days and of those 4 days of playing at 2 hrs at a time last night I have had 2 rounds where I have won. Everyone doesn't get a trophy like little league....there will be a losing team. Yeah it sucks....but that's life. Believe me when I say I am on the losing team more often than not....and I am one of the people that switch when it's unbalanced. It wasn't unbalanced.......the opposing team just didn't have there crap together as the next round PROVED with us being down 3-4 people and still winning.

Sorry if this comes off harsh, I just had to vent a bit. Honestly the teams were in no way stacked, there was a brief span of 5 minutes where you were down 3 guys but that's about it from what I seen. I seen the roster on the opposing team and you had solid players......we just executed a little better.
                              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X