How do you get back into the groove

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get back into the groove

So playing rush than going back to conquest kinda effects my gameplay.
    My last 4-5 games were the worst I've seen in the past 2 days.
    I was having a few spike issues but they seem to have stop as I'm typing this now.

I've also been SL a little to much, I'm still not ready for it unless I have a full voip squad that can all give intel on the situations.

So pretty much what I do to get back in the groove of the "BF3" is just play on TG when the maps are a little smaller.
    Start small than go to large, by then I'm back into my groove.

It doesn't seem to go away after each time i play, it just seems like it when i play rush or conquest.

Re: How do you get back into the groove

or don't play rush....:)
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
      or don't play rush....:)
      True, True.
      But its so much fun.

To a point

Comment

I cut the tip off my finger, so I couldn't play for about a month. I just got back on and boy did I stink. Good thing I don't expect to ever get better. :)

~seriousturtle
        TG21 Seriousturtle

Comment

I don't think I can help you.... but Stella can.

Last edited by SuperDudeBT; 01-27-2012, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
            I don't think I can help you.... but Stella can.

Boom

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I lol'd super

sigpic

Comment

There are two approaches you could take.

1. Play rush like it is conquest. I know it makes more sense to RUSH at stuff super fast, but if you play rush like you play conquest you don't have to worry about sucking at conquest (or winning at rush...)

2. Manipulate the stimuli in your environment to take advantage of the "encoding specificity principle". Basically set up your environment and your mind differently when you play rush and conquest.

For example, place a large red sheet of construction paper under your keyboard when you play Rush and a blue sheet of construction paper when you play Conquest. Move the stuff around on your desk, like action figures and pen holders, so that they are in one spot for conquest and one spot for rush. Change the lighting, use a different mouse pad, recite a short haiku before each spawn. Make the environment for each game mode have maximum psychological impact by choosing very salient stimuli that hit as many of your sensing organs uniquely as possible.

Your brain encodes information along with the context you learned that information. Give rush and conquest their own psychological and environmental context. That context acts like a retrieval cue for the behaviors that are appropriate for conquest and rush. Make the two environments as distinctly different as you can for maximum effect. There should be as little overlap between the two environments as possible.

Make sure you monitor your in game behavior and correct your actions during the start of the training. The environment will serve as a cue for any behaviors that occur within it - even if those behaviors are maladaptive. Once you establish the proper behaviors in the proper context you will require far less self correction.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'm still unsure how conquest and rush differ tactically and strategically.

Rush: Attack an objective. Defending team sets up a perimeter, defuses mcom if necessary.

Conquest: Attack an objective. Defending team sets up a perimeter, re-caps zone if necessary.

AMIRITE?
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree with blugill. I dont find there to be a noticible difference between the 2 game modes in my play styles. Only diference i find is the areas of the maps used and how you approach them. Gameplay for.me stays the same.
                    sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X