Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duh... Press SPACE to deploy.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Duh... Press SPACE to deploy.

    Okay, this may be old news to many or even most of you, but I'm slightly bemused that I've been endured mousing through the eminently awkward spawn selection screen for so long while there is a much easier alternative. At the risk of stating the blatantly obvious, it turns out that you can use your forward/back keys (default W/S) to scroll through the various spawn points, and then hit spacebar to deploy.

    That's it. No more hapless clicking on too-small-and-ever-changing spawn point names and then moving the mouse over to the far reaches of the screen to click an equally wayward "Deploy" button. Just tap "S" a few times and hit spacebar. Bob's your uncle (or so they tell me).
    <insert signature spam here>

  • #2
    Re: Duh... Press SPACE to deploy.

    Haha, yeah, I figured this out at some point. It helps when you're waiting for air assets to spawn if you want to get it before anyone else or just as soon as possible.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Duh... Press SPACE to deploy.

      Enter will also spawn you in. I have to use it every few rounds because my spawn screen will ignore mouse input for a round or so. Now if I could just figure out a way to switch kits from the keyboard, that would be even better...

      Thanks for sharing!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Duh... Press SPACE to deploy.

        Lek you are not alone! I just came to this realization myself the other day to. I kept spawning at different spots than where I wanted to. Realized that I was pressing w in anticipation of starting to move as soon as I spawned. Was very frustrating til I figured out it was me not the game messing things up. Bemused was not what I was thinking at that point, I had a few other choice names that I leveled at myself.

        Why couldn't you have posted this last week and saved me the trouble?? sigh.
        sigpic


        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Duh... Press SPACE to deploy.

          Originally posted by hil3illy View Post
          Lek you are not alone! I just came to this realization myself the other day to. I kept spawning at different spots than where I wanted to. Realized that I was pressing w in anticipation of starting to move as soon as I spawned. Was very frustrating til I figured out it was me not the game messing things up. Bemused was not what I was thinking at that point, I had a few other choice names that I leveled at myself.

          Why couldn't you have posted this last week and saved me the trouble?? sigh.
          I had this trouble early on in the beta but I had noticed that there are several ways to navigate through the menus. You can even control your soldier with a joystick :row__642:.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Duh... Press SPACE to deploy.

            Since I use a keyboard like a gorilla smashing a piece of Samsonite luggage, I'll stick with the mouse-click method.

            Now get off my lawn, you d**n kids.


            "Oratio Ultima Regem -- The Last Argument of Kings"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Duh... Press SPACE to deploy.

              Mine sometimes does the same thing (mouse input gets "stuck" at spawn screen). I've found that if you press the right button really hard, the problem will be fixed.


              Originally posted by Arithea View Post
              Enter will also spawn you in. I have to use it every few rounds because my spawn screen will ignore mouse input for a round or so. Now if I could just figure out a way to switch kits from the keyboard, that would be even better...

              Thanks for sharing!
              You know what attract bullets the most in Battlefield 3?? MY HEAD!!
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Duh... Press SPACE to deploy.

                Using the arrow keys is a must if you play with "UI.Drawenable 0", since you canīt see the user interface to navigate with a mouse (obviously).
                sigpic


                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Duh... Press SPACE to deploy.

                  Originally posted by DeF View Post
                  I had this trouble early on in the beta but I had noticed that there are several ways to navigate through the menus. You can even control your soldier with a joystick :row__642:.
                  Hehe, in my case, it was being unable to control my soldier because of my joystick. BF3's autoassign and hidden assignments still mean I have to unplug before I can join up.

                  Comment

                  Connect

                  Collapse

                  TeamSpeak 3 Server

                  Collapse

                  Advertisement

                  Collapse

                  Twitter Feed

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X