Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team balancing enabled on conquest servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Team balancing enabled on conquest servers

    Both conquest servers now have a script running that will balance player counts when teams are off by two or more players.

    Additionally, when ticket difference exceeds a significant number, teams will be shuffled.

    In both cases squads should be kept intact, but the script does not preserve squad leaders between shuffles.

    Currently, the ticket threshold is set to 300, this may change at any point. And it means that you can lose ten games in a row by 299 tickets, and no shuffle will happen.

    Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be many options out there for stable balancing scripts that work as advertised. When I have the time I hope to write a script that takes into account multiple losses in a row. But for now, this should help with the worst imbalances.


  • #2
    Re: Team balancing enabled on conquest servers

    Thanks Fallen, let's give it a run and see how it goes.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Team balancing enabled on conquest servers

      Appreciate you keeping on top of this Fallen as it seems to be a hot button issue (as with any game). Fingers crossed that this takes care of those worst case scenarios!
      sigpic


      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Team balancing enabled on conquest servers

        I'm feeling a little Iffy about this.
        It was fine the other day and all it seemed to do was change the SL.

        Good work on this, lets pray it works.


        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Team balancing enabled on conquest servers

          During testing I had it set to two tickets to ensure it would shuffle every round just to see how squads were handled.

          The thing with a random shuffle is that occasionally the randomization will result in exactly the same teams it had before shuffling...

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Team balancing enabled on conquest servers

            Let's see what happens.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Team balancing enabled on conquest servers

              Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
              During testing I had it set to two tickets to ensure it would shuffle every round just to see how squads were handled.
              One of the nights you were testing (night before last), we had a one ticket round, a 20 ticket round, and a few other close ones.

              Twas quite awesome (but maybe not directly related to this thread : )

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Team balancing enabled on conquest servers

                Originally posted by ProjectNA View Post
                One of the nights you were testing (night before last), we had a one ticket round, a 20 ticket round, and a few other close ones.

                Twas quite awesome (but maybe not directly related to this thread : )
                Twas awesome indeed.

                Seeing as teamstacking is one of our biggest concerns, this can only help.


                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Team balancing enabled on conquest servers

                  Originally posted by Bear61 View Post
                  Seeing as teamstacking is one of our biggest concerns, this can only help.
                  What is the definition of teamstacking?
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Team balancing enabled on conquest servers

                    Excellent! Excellent! The SL function should not be stuck on just one person who just happened to start the squad so many games before.

                    Thought it was bizarre last night when the scoreboard showed everyone being switched around and then settling down with no one on other side (at least that is the way it appeared). Any way to delay shuffle a couple of seconds before game start?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Team balancing enabled on conquest servers

                      Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
                      Excellent! Excellent! The SL function should not be stuck on just one person who just happened to start the squad so many games before.

                      Thought it was bizarre last night when the scoreboard showed everyone being switched around and then settling down with no one on other side (at least that is the way it appeared). Any way to delay shuffle a couple of seconds before game start?
                      It is also bound to be a royal pain in the butt for those of us who run as SL round after round.

                      Shuffling the SL each round within a squad is NOT a good solution, it interferes with choices some of us have made and forces an awkward and time-consuming reorganization between each round.

                      True, we can deal with this and get by.

                      But make no mistake, this is not a welcome change when it messes with the internal configuration of a squad at each round change.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Team balancing enabled on conquest servers

                        Fool proof way to give squad lead to a particular player.

                        1)lock squad

                        2)inform the squad of the plan, "I'm kicking everyone but ____, so that they can be squad lead. Please rejoin."

                        3)kick all players from squad but that player

                        4)that player unlocks squad and players rejoin
                        |TG-12th| Namebot

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Team balancing enabled on conquest servers

                          Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                          Fool proof way to give squad lead to a particular player.

                          1)lock squad

                          2)inform the squad of the plan, "I'm kicking everyone but ____, so that they can be squad lead. Please rejoin."

                          3)kick all players from squad but that player

                          4)that player unlocks squad and players rejoin
                          Thank you Namebot.

                          This should work fine.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Team balancing enabled on conquest servers

                            Originally posted by E-Male View Post
                            What is the definition of teamstacking?
                            I should have said in unbalanced. When too many above average players ends up on the same side. I believe 99% of the time this is not intentional, it just happens.


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Team balancing enabled on conquest servers

                              Whew ; )

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X