BF3 and PhysX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 and PhysX

Got a question about PhysX and how it is supported in BF3. If so what would be a suitable card for this?

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Re: BF3 and PhysX

Nvidea has acquired the company behind PhysX, so late model Nvidea chips all inherently support it. However, PhysX is, as far as I understand it, just another physics engine, like Havok, and as such, should run on any computer powerful enough to run the game in the first place. There had been some flak towards ageia for questionable practices about implementing PhysX, but that was back in 09 I think, well before Nvidea took over.

Comment

There are to ways to run "PhysX". You can opt to either let the video card handle the calculations or have the CPU do them. Which one you should choose it dependent on which one has excess resource cycles available to execute those calculations.
      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I have not used it in bf3, but I did use it at one point and it worked good. I had a 5770 as main card and a gts250 nvidia running physX only
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

PhysX is a physics library. The game engine either uses it or not regardless of the card (although Nvidia cards play nicer with the library, that's the only difference). To my knowledge Frostbite 2 does not use PhysX as a graphics library.

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
            There are to ways to run "PhysX". You can opt to either let the video card handle the calculations or have the CPU do them. Which one you should choose it dependent on which one has excess resource cycles available to execute those calculations.
            How do you go about accomplishing this (picking which one) in BF3?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
              How do you go about accomplishing this (picking which one) in BF3?
              You don't. BF3 does not have Nvidia Physx.
              Nvidia does not advertise it having Physx. If it has, Nvidia would have done so (similar to Batman Arkham City)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X