X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Battlefield 3 patch: what they think they know

from BF3blog 1-30-12

"Upcoming Battlefield 3 patch: what we know

There have been many bits of information surrounding the upcoming Battlefield 3 patch, and we’ve taken to task to compile all the expected fixes and tweaks that DICE has confirmed will make their way into the new patch, which should be released in early February. The list of confirmed additions:

Commo Rose 2.0: a complete overhaul of the “Q”-button communications interface, with new commands, voice overs, and more.
    Weapon specific accessory tweaks: accessories such as silencers, foregrips etc. will now be tweaked on a per weapon basis and not globally. All accessories are expected to be tweaked in this patch. For more, see a full list of accessory tweaks.
    A fix for MAV riding will be applied
    Random “Bad Luck” deaths will be fixed across all platforms.
    PlayStation 3 users will see a VOIP fix
    Drivers will now get 50 points for “vehicle assist kills”. Pilot assist points will be increased as well.
    Sniper rifles will get increased accuracy after aiming-down with Red Dot or Holo sights.

And a few unconfirmed patch notes, but issues/features that DICE are looking into:

The USAS-12 with Frag rounds will be balanced (unconfirmed: DICE has said they are looking into it).
    The resupply speed on the M320 grenade launcher might get increased, according to DICE.
    Horn sounds will be added to Humvees and other transport vehicles.
    Fall damage is being looked into as well.

By James Hyde
    Post tags: patch, update"

red-dwarf, I've definitely had my share of unexplainable "Bad Luck" deaths.
    sigpicBF3

Re: Upcoming Battlefield 3 patch: what they think they know

Falling to my death after exiting a helo and hitting the space bar several times is my major irritant! Or hitting the "~" key instead of the "1" key and wondering why your soldier can not move but only turn around to look! Or getting your shoelaces hung up on something on the ground and you can not move to save yourself unless you do some kind of back flip to get away from it!

Comment

Horns!
      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
        Horns!
        God help us.

Comment

Horns!
          Is it sad that was my favorite feature of the patch?

Comment

Not at all. It's totally my biggest hope out of that entire list.

Comment

Horns!

beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep! beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep! beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep! beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep! beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep! beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep! beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep! beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep! beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep! beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep! beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep! beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep! beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep! beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep! beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep! beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep! beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep! beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep! beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!beep!

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!! !!!!!!!!

Wheeeee!

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'm sorry, Horns are cool and all but I'll take my "Enemy Boat Spotted!" over them any day. ;)

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancer’s maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Boats with horns!
                  |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Boats with horns!
                    Never mind. You win.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancer’s maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Rofl

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
                      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I hate jumping from objects less than 10 feet high and dying or being critically damaged.

Also be aware of the Beep
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLancerMancer View Post
                          I'm sorry, Horns are cool and all but I'll take my "Enemy Boat Spotted!" over them any day. ;)
                          It's only cool if it properly identifies tanks as boats under certain circumstances.

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
                          --BlackMirror
                          <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
                          Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
                          --Blackraven93

Comment

Originally posted by Cheburash View Post
                            It's only cool if it properly identifies tanks as boats under certain circumstances.
                            YES!! SHARK TANK!! :row__577:
                            Last edited by Aruncado; 02-01-2012, 04:10 AM. Reason: Lol! I typed "SNARK TANK" the first time.

Comment

Unless I get the Russians shouting "Shashka!!" on the Comma rose I am not excited.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X