Server Changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Server Changes

A couple days ago I suggested that there would be some server changes coming. Well, here's what we're going to do and how it will be set up going forward:

Player health on all servers will be lowered from 80% to 75%.
    This is to promote use of teamwork and real world tactics while maneuvering or fighting rather than relying on being able to take 2-3 bullets while sprinting across a road or engaging an enemy. We're looking for a balance where there is some fear of the weapons, but health isn't so low that it causes gameplay problems.

Combined arms server - 52p conquest (Current server 1)
    We're going to lower the player count on the combined arms server to provide more room and better opportunity for tactics as most maps in BF3 are just to crowded to work really well with 64 players. This server will not run the small maps (Seine, Teheran, Bazaar, Metro)

This server will be updated following todays scrim.

Infantry server - 44p conquest (Current server 2)
    The 44 player server will be infantry focused, we're going to run maps infantry only, with a select few alternating between armor and infantry only. We're going to start with the full 13 map rotation, and adjust it based on feedback. Karkand for instance will have armor every other time it comes up in rotation. That means that through two cycles (26 rounds) you will play about 4 rounds with some armor.

Please note that even in "Infantry Only" mode, transport vehicles are available. This includes Blackhawk/KA-60, Littlebird/Z-11, and the US Amphibious APC. Players must be prepared to counter these. Some maps may have balance issues in infantry only mode, and we can adjust our settings based on experience and community feedback.

These settings are now in effect.

Battlelog server info

Flex/Event server - 32p Rush/64p password night (Current server 3)
    This server will be used for a variety of things:

Rush has not gotten the following at TG to maintain a server 24/7, however, we will run Rush as a regular planned event. By having a Rush night, hopefully more people will join the server and ensure that it gets fully populated.

This server will also eventually be used for Password events, internal and external scrims. It will also be made available to IHS for practice or IHS scrims, given that they schedule ahead with us and it doesn't collide with other events.

This server will be reconfigured over the next several days.

Battlelog server info

Other stuff
    We have a more mature game now than we did two months ago, and a more developed community. It's unlikely at this point that DICE will implement a lot of the things we might want in the game, so, we're looking for stability going forward so we have a platform to build on. Both as a community, and in implementing administrative tools and scripts.

For example, we will look into scripts for adaptive map sizes, where it plays small maps / lower tickets until a certain player count is reached.

But with the lowered player count it's critical that members are willing to seed both servers rather than build up a queue 20 deep on one of them. We have enough people that play the game that we should be able to keep both servers busy, as long as people are willing to seed and get it started.

Pick your favorite, infantry focused, or combined arms, join us for Rush night and Password night, and have fun! Let us know what you think.
    Last edited by Iamthefallen; 02-04-2012, 01:58 PM.

Re: Server Changes

The lower health will definately make it more interesting. I can already see my K/D ratio going down further...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
      Infantry server - 44p conquest (Current server 2)
      The 44 player server will be infantry focused, we're going to run maps infantry only, with a select few alternating between armor and infantry only. We're going to start with the full 13 map rotation, and adjust it based on feedback. Karkand for instance will have armor every other time it comes up in rotation. That means that through two cycles (26 rounds) you will play about 4 rounds with some armor.

Please note that even in "Infantry Only" mode, transport vehicles are available. This includes Blackhawk/KA-60, Littlebird/Z-11, and the US Amphibious APC. Players must be prepared to counter these. Some maps may have balance issues in infantry only mode, and we can adjust our settings based on experience and community feedback.
      I love you. :row__577:

Comment

Fallen,

Please, please, please PLZ!! include the server number in the name or description of the server! For example:

Currently the server is called: TacticalGamer.com - TeamSync VOIP, Infantry Server, FF On
        It would be great if it was named: TacticalGamer.com 1 TeamSync VOIP, Infantry Server, FF On

Or just set the server description (which is now able to read in battlelog because of the latest update)

so instead of: Tactical Gamer welcomes mature gamers of all ages. Visit the forum at TacticalGamer.com
        It could say : Server 1 of 3. Tactical Gamer welcomes mature gamers of all ages. Visit the forum at TacticalGamer.com

Much appreciated for your thoughts.

Glyc

PS: I like the change! I will probably be playing on the TG infantry server alot more now!
        PSS: You should post this up the new server config on reddit!
        -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

Just saying that I personaly will probably not be playing on Server 2 very much anymore, if it is staying infantry only (even with 4 of 26 rounds having armor). I play BF3 because of the armor; otherwise I'd just hop on Call of Duty 23, or whatever number that series is at now. Hopefuly people will play on the 64 or 52 player server often enough that those of us who prefer the TG enviroment, and armor, will have a populated server to play on.
          Those who live by the sword, die by the sword.

Comment

And that's why we have two servers. I expect and hope that traffic will shift based on what people are in the mood for.

We'll be in trouble if people simply queue up to the most populated server and are miserable because they'd rather be on the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
              And that's why we have two servers. I expect and hope that traffic will shift based on what people are in the mood for.

We'll be in trouble if people simply queue up to the most populated server and are miserable because they'd rather be on the other one.
              I'm afraid that people are just going to jump in the most populated server, for the most part; which does tend to be the 44 person. That, or we will find that the core group of players on TG end up splitting halfway between the infantry, and halfway between the armor servers. That in turn could lead to less teamwork all around, as the remaining server space on both servers is filled by random people joining the server for a few rounds, but not getting on TS.

I'm just really worried for my own enjoyment in the end. I'll be perfectly happy if there is a TG server with armor thats populated each night for me to play on. The server settings (health %, regen wise, no MAV roadkill, ect.) and community are perfect for me, and I have not seen another server group replicate it (and I quit looking a while ago). However, as you said above, I dont want to play a game mode I'm miserable in after a few rounds.

In the end, time will tell I suppose. Just wanted to throw my two cents out there, since I've enjoyed TG.
              Those who live by the sword, die by the sword.

Comment

Love the new setup. Thanks admin team.

Comment

Thank goodness. And thank you admin team for giving us an infantry-focused server to play on.
                  TG-3rd Special Forces is Active and Currenly Recruiting!

Comment

Now that I've played on the infantry only server, I wish the combined arms would get some players. I love the teamspeak with my squad, but I REALLY don't want to give up vehicles to get it. The only reason I play on the IO server at this point is because the other server gets no players. There is clearly a network effect occuring here.

Comment

Great changes, except the health reduction and the reasoning behind it. Any changes made should serve teamwork, maturity, or the objective. Making the game more "realistic" should not be a rationale behind changing settings, in my opinion.

Other than that, all the other changes look great.
                      Beatnik

Comment

Honestly I love the changes other than tonight for some reason I was the "gimp" to get bounced around and swapped to other side, that was frustrating when I had a IHS member trying to teach me some things. the 75% health vs 80% health is not overly large instead of 5 bullets to kill someone it takes 4 only differance I seen on health is if you were up close and personal but then again if they had a shotgun it would be a mute point at that range :). The only consern I see is the transport helo I know it is a lesser of two evils but with that thing full with 2 gunners and 2 wrenches it is a beast to take down [eg. 3 javs within 5 seconds of each other]. But it is required for those maps or we would just sit there and punish the boats as they tried to deploy.

Again Love the server, and required evils are one of those things that we need to work with or come to Gentleman's agreements on.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thank you Fallen. I enjoy trying out new ways of playing BF3,it's nice to mix things up a little. The infantry only map did catch me off guard the first time I played it, I started the match with AT and javlin and couldn't find any armor to destroy -Doh-. Can't wait to try out server 1 with smaller player count, most of the Tactical Gamers are so skilled 64p can be overwhelming sometimes.
                          sigpicBF3

Comment

Originally posted by Beatnik View Post
                            .....Making the game more "realistic" should not be a rationale behind changing settings, in my opinion...
                            Really...I found the 5% change good and I believe it should be lowered to 65%. It makes people value their virtual life. Do you not like it cause you can't run around and take crazy amount of bullets? The "realistic" settings that the administration team are moving to are in my opinion, more in line with our primer and I applaud them for that. Has it taken the speed out of the game....no....but it has started making pele thnk before rushing which is great!!!!!! Maybe you should change up your tactics a little.

On the note of the rpg spam.....comon guys, I don't mind being blown up when I'm in cover, but to continually spam the rockets is a bit childish and that sort of tactic really shouldn't be here on our servers and the ones who ate doing know it!

Again I welcome the changes and look forward to the finalized ones laterr down the road!! Thank you.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Bauer View Post
                              Really...I found the 5% change good and I believe it should be lowered to 65%. It makes people value their virtual life. Do you not like it cause you can't run around and take crazy amount of bullets? The "realistic" settings that the administration team are moving to are in my opinion, more in line with our primer and I applaud them for that. Has it taken the speed out of the game....no....but it has started making pele thnk before rushing which is great!!!!!! Maybe you should change up your tactics a little.

On the note of the rpg spam.....comon guys, I don't mind being blown up when I'm in cover, but to continually spam the rockets is a bit childish and that sort of tactic really shouldn't be here on our servers and the ones who ate doing know it!

Again I welcome the changes and look forward to the finalized ones laterr down the road!! Thank you.
                              If you honestly believe that "you can around and take crazy amount of bullets" at 80%, then you haven't played BF3 enough. 80% is already enough to make 99% of players to rethink their actions. I can see where Beatnik is coming from, but I believe dropping from 80% to 75% health is a negligible difference. Dropping to 65% is too much and is teetering on the verge of, once again, trying to make something out of the game it is not. Lowering the amount of health does not automatically make BF3 more tactical.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X