Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Infantry only server: rockets and 320 spam on infantry?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infantry only server: rockets and 320 spam on infantry?

Last night, nearly every round on the inf only server, people were complaining about rockets from engys on infantry and 320 spam.

C'mon, tell us how you really feel. :)

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Re: Infantry only server: rockets and 320 spam on infantry?

Yes I was complaining! hahah :) Let's think about this.....an INFANTRY ONLY server with people coming in with engineer kits.....what are engineers meant for? destroying and fixing VEHICLES. There are only buggies and transport choppers that rockets can be used on for regular use. There should be about 2 engies per team if it were going to be used for its correct purpose. This spamming of them on infantry is absurd in my mind but I might be the only thinking that, and if I am, i'll deal with it in that case. I'm not one to argue very much :)

The 320 on the other hand is meant for infantry/blowing up cover to get the enemy, so I have full tolerance of that weapon.

In conclusion my only problem with the spamming is with rockets because that is not its purpose and that's the part that puts me over the edge to say something about it.
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I think I got killed more times last night buy the 320grenade than I have since I bought this game. It was a little frustrating. I had 4 players rage quit out of the squad I was in. JudyGarland and I stayed in a few rounds I haven't decided yet if I like it, I'll have to try it a few more times. I'm looking forward to trying out the new server 1 settings with the smaller player count. Last night it wasn't populated.
      sigpicBF3

Comment

Pro: By the end of the night, the 320s and rockets played the role that armor does and really forced people to not run out in the open and to not trust a shallow concrete wall for cover.

Con: after 40 seconds of using the rockets on metro, I was wondering if I could aim it at my feet and rocket jump up the escalator. It feels out of place and I dont think I have the self control to use it only when infantry is hiding behind cover...

Overall: engy, support, medic, and recon inf squad was very effective on defense. On offense, we changed engy to medic after we softened them up from a distance.

Basically, even without armor, there are some kits that can make for some serious fire power that must be respected.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
          Basically, even without armor, there are some kits that can make for some serious fire power that must be respected.
          This ^ is a very good point, I just think it should be watched for spamming because you must agree it got extremely frustrating on damavand peak and metro.
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I LOVED the infantry only server last night! It was a great change of pace from constantly hiding from the LAV.

I started off Engy, and then realized assault or support had far better weapons for the majority of my targets. So I switched. But I don't see a real problem with rockets, and those of you who think they aren't used for anti-infantry IRL, you're just wrong. If you don't think the Taliban spams RPGs in real life, you're naive. We would spam rockets right back at them if we had any kind of cheap re-usable rocket system, one might argue that mortars are our equivalent. Hell they are Rocket Propelled Grenades.

If they had to be balanced for game design purposes, I would suggest limiting the ammo to 2 shots, 3 with the perk.

If you're dieing to rockets more than guns, its probably because you aren't moving enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Phelan Ward View Post
              Hell they are Rocket Propelled Grenades.
              Actually:
              Although most Westerners call rocket-propelled grenades "RPGs," the abbreviation actually comes from the Russian phrase for "hand-held anti-tank grenade-launcher": Ruchnoi Protivotankovye Granatamyot.
              I don't mind when my cover is destroyed by a rocket or a grenade launcher and i die in the process, but if i go around a corner and instantly get blown up by one of them, that's just frustrating.
              There is a huge difference between "ocasionally being used against infantry" and "spamming it at everything i see".
              sigpic

Comment

IMO there is nothing wrong with using the RPG and 320mm on infantry only servers.

RPG are powerful yes but you are giving up your defib, health pack and assault rifle for it. If you choose 320 then you are still giving up your health kit.

Sounds to me like its more a problem with map design. Now If you want to argue about the merits of eliminating Metro from the rotation because its a linear bottleneck rocket fest that heavily favours the Russian side and 9/10 times turns into a boring stomp then I am all in favour.

Comment

This was sc1 last night on the infantry server: "Watch out, there's a few tanks around the corner."

Originally posted by Buflak View Post
                  Although most Westerners call rocket-propelled grenades "RPGs," the abbreviation actually comes from the Russian phrase for "hand-held anti-tank grenade-launcher": Ruchnoi Protivotankovye Granatamyot.
                  Ah, I did not know this. Very interesting. This, kids, is what we'd call a backronym.

Originally posted by Phelan Ward View Post
                  and those of you who think they aren't used for anti-infantry IRL, you're just wrong. If you don't think the Taliban spams RPGs in real life, you're naive. We would spam rockets right back at them if we had any kind of cheap re-usable rocket system, one might argue that mortars are our equivalent.
                  My thoughts exactly.

Comment

So we've turned our BF3 server into Frontlines, now?

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisclaveret View Post
                      So we've turned our BF3 server into Frontlines, now?

Don't ever say that name.
                      Such a bad game.

But I dont think they are =p

Comment

Its not the issue of using against infantry that is the problem, it is how they are implemented. If I am behind cover, yes blow he living hell out of it to get me, its my fault for staying there after the first one hits. What the issue is, is people running around like kids spamming them as a primary from short range to across the map willie nilly. I have no issues with the 203 rounds, the rpgs yes. I saw a couple time a fellow squad move into a building and then saw some rockets fly at it....no problem. I saw people moving in a CQB map and people shooting rockets and individual solders/targets....not cool.

I guess im just an old school player and respect and try to make others have fun while killing them. If you think shooting RPGs in mass is fun, then you might be playing in the wrong place. I feel that the fire fights the other night were INSANE!!!! I had a squad that controlled two to three flags....I should say attempted to control, and the fire fights that were had, the comms there were used was amazing and it actually felt like a TG BF3 game, what ruined it was the mass spamming of the RPGs. It showed that well defended flags took dedication and teamwork to either take, or defend. I loved it...minus the RPG spam.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I had a great time on the infantry server last night. I loved almost every minute of it. I was a medic the whole time. M16A3, G18Supp, M320 and perked up with SPRNT, FLAK, AMMO, and a varying 4th. Great squad play.

I was not too concerned with the rocket or 320 action. I did get quite a few kills with the 320. I even shot down a Venom with a great 320 shot on firestorm (Don't fly your Venom that low and slow and you won't have that problem.) We even made a comeback on that map to win the round!

Rocket spam happens, and I expect it to continue. It's something everyone needs to learn to contend with because it can be very effective. If I see you hiding or firing at me or my squad from behind a wall, I will try to suppress or kill you with grenade fire.

EDIT: I agree with the "hop around the corner with my 320 and shoot anything I see" mentality as being wrong. I don't do it unless I know what I am shooting at and have confirmed where I am shooting to. "P.I.D", positive identification. But you can bet that If I just emptied my M16, and my g18 (which have very quick reload rates) and you are out of knife range and all I have left is my m320, I will use it.

:)
                          -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

If your M320 is your first choice over the M16 (unless the enemy is behind cover) then your doing it wrong anyways. An M16 can kill one or two people in a 10-20 bullets faster than a 320 can, and with better accuracy at range. The only time M320's are better is when you either run out of ammo, there are a lot of people grouped up, or if they are hiding right behind cover. The M16 has such amazing accuracy (and great reload) that it should always be the first choice.

Former TG-21st
                            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
                              If your M320 is your first choice over the M16 (unless the enemy is behind cover) then your doing it wrong anyways. An M16 can kill one or two people in a 10-20 bullets faster than a 320 can, and with better accuracy at range. The only time M320's are better is when you either run out of ammo, there are a lot of people grouped up, or if they are hiding right behind cover. The M16 has such amazing accuracy (and great reload) that it should always be the first choice.
                              I whole-heartedly agree.
                              -Glycerin256 <-- add me in Battlelog, Steam, Origin. Sig rig MIGHT BE FOR SALE: i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz; AsRock Z68 Extreme4; 16GB DDR3 1866; Asus GTX 970; 500GB 840 EVO SSD; Xonar DX 7.1; Win7x64, 25.5" T260HD, etc

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X