Monday Night Rush!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] Monday Night Rush!

Kicking off the week, every Monday we will host a Rush event on a designated server. BF3 Rush at TG offers an opportunity for great teamwork and communication as you can be sure that everyone is working towards the same objectives and communicate on TeamSpeak. The server will be available starting Monday afternoon for the early crowd with the main event starting around 8pm EST.

Monday night Rush is open to everyone!

If there are specific maps that you feel should be run, please let us know!
    Last edited by Iamthefallen; 02-19-2012, 10:00 PM.

re: Monday Night Rush!

sweeett, cant make it tonight but certainly next Monday! have fun guys!
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Played one round of Rush -- very enjoyable!

Tehran Highway -- unbelievable ending. Went from 0 to plus 2 in the last few seconds. And won.
      sigpic

Comment

I played a few rounds, and it was fantastic! Can't recall as I've ever had that much fun playing Rush. Great rounds TG!

...I feel this is where I should insert some kind of shamless ribbons plus...maybe something about how great rounds with great players should at least mean a few nominations. But I wouldn't do that...would I? :icon16:

Comment

You might not but I will! They won't let me play BF3 so the only way I can experience it is vicariously through your nominations. If tonight on Rush was so much fun then I wanna hear about it. So please submit at least a few nominations so I can pretend I was there.

Acknowledge your teammates' Outstanding and Distinguished efforts: Submit a nomination!

Comment

That was a lot of fun... perhaps infantry only Rush next week ;)
            |TG-88th| DaddyOfThree

Comment

The last round I played, around 11:30 or so, came down to a few tickets and we were not sure if we blew the last mcom or if we ran out of tickets till the round ended. Someone even wrote GG like half way through it seemed so over.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The vehicles ruin rush for me. Had it been infantry only rush, it would have been much more enjoyable. Its hard enough to arm an MCOM station with 16 people condensed in a very small area around it. Never mind having to deal with tanks, jets and annoying venoms strafing you about 10 steps from spawn. Thanks for the effort of getting it going but that is definitely going to be my last rush experience. Ill stick to my classic battlefield conquest mode.
                sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Vehicles are a strategic asset in BF3. They are powerful, and they can kick your arse all over the map. So the problem is armor that goes unchallenged. The tactical solution is for your team to take the armor out. There are tools available to do this, RPG's, C4, Mines, etc. Two or three engineers with RPG's can take any tank out quickly. The key? Getting your team coordinated to do this, so that they don't run rampant for the whole round.

One of the rush rounds tonight, the armor basically went unchallenged, and spent the whole round wiping people out (including me). Its fun for whoever is in the tank, but not for the infantry on the receiving end. So, I reiterate--take the armor out. If your team cannot coordinate and take armor out, be prepared for a not-so-fun round.

Also, this goes without saying, but this is Tactical Gamer.

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                    The vehicles ruin rush for me. Had it been infantry only rush, it would have been much more enjoyable. Its hard enough to arm an MCOM station with 16 people condensed in a very small area around it. Never mind having to deal with tanks, jets and annoying venoms strafing you about 10 steps from spawn. Thanks for the effort of getting it going but that is definitely going to be my last rush experience. Ill stick to my classic battlefield conquest mode.
                    Nailed it!
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I disagree with INF only for Rush. Vehicles are needed to break deadlocks. I played a few rounds INF only rush and it was just miserable. No way to break an organised defense without vehicle support.

I enjoyed yesterdays early Rush rounds. With around 25-30 players the fights were focused and had a lot of nail-biting moments without making it impossible to destroy mcoms.
                      former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

I have to agree with Dawolf the only way we won the round E-Male is describing is when a Squad mate noticed we only had 12 tickets left and I called for E-Male to get his tank to 100% and it would act as the pawn. We charged in with 2 full squads using the tank as cover an yes 5 of us died on the final push but it was at end m-com armed and 0 tickets and then we had 2 Rezes happen for the win. It was the closest and funnest round of Rush I have ever had and I have quite a few rush ribbons.

The armor while some times seeming gross is manageable with coordination for sure helos with 3 javs or stingers can be dropped with right timing.
                        sigpic

Comment

I have never seen such a last minute ticket countdown reverse from Zero to positive 2 in the last moments as it did last night.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm glad we had a good turnout, we'll do it again next week!

Please let me know of any map suggestions you might have, I don't have enough Rush experience for what works well and what doesn't.

Comment

Apart from being kicked by an admin for a supporting member when I am one :/ It was a pretty awesome few rounds. Forgot how fun rush actually is.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X