Squad Rush TG Tournament Idea -Need Input

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad Rush TG Tournament Idea -Need Input

So back in BC2 Squad Rush was pretty well done for little tournaments.
    What I'm thinking is TG could have a IHS Squad Rush Tournament or just a normal supporting member sign up

4 Squads, 2 on both sides, 8v8.

It could be INF only with Jeeps and the odd assets or Normal rush with TG settings.

We could have INS or Supporting members make 8 man squads and practice.

During the tournament it will happen all in one day.
    Games will be played one by one and recorded.

Winning squad gets a Ribbon and or 1 free month of Supporting

What do you think?

Re: Squad Rush TG Tournament Idea -Need Input

I like it. 4v4 might be easier to find teams for.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of rush, but to help you out I second Project's recommendation.

Unless you're 100% sure that ALL of your teammates are available at any time, it's a good rule of thumb to have a roster that's 1.5x to 2x the size of the teams. In your case, if you want an 8v8, a safe bet is to field a roster of at least 12 people, 16 recommended. The problem is that availability fluctuates, and you'll rarely get everyone together consistently. You'll soon learn that it's pretty hard to get even 8 of the same people together on the same night, hence why you should cut the team size. 4v4 is the easiest to field, but I personally like the added options 6v6 provides.

Comment

Not a fan of rush but I like the idea of a low key competition.

Any interest in Squad DM. I find this format to be very tactical. Much more so than I expected when I first played it. I was thinking COD and Team DM but it plays out much differently than run and gun. Effective teams must be cohesive and communicative.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I was thinking of doing something similar a while back but got side tracked. My idea was to do a 4v4 squad map rotation tourney. Basically, setup so that each team plays various rush maps against a different team, over 5-6 days. Accumulated win totals, win the tourney. In the case of ties, each team that ties picks one of the other participating teams, and you go 8v8 sqaud with a large map like Firestorm and slug it out for the winner. This is only in the case of ties.
          sigpic

Comment

well 4v4 Squad rush would not work.
            By the time your squad dies, mcom is planted, you wont have time to defuses.
            You know, We could always do both.

Squad DM is "fun" only when played well.
            For us, "TG" Running around in TDM is not something I'd like to see.

So It could always be fun, 8v8 for squad rush could work but a roster needs to be made and to also have back ups.

I don't know any more input guys?

Comment

Squad DM, just by its nature, is much more conservative then the average game. If you simply run around you will lose, fast. It is actually interesting to see random people's playstyles in it as most play like a team much more then usual.

Former TG-21st
              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

We talking about 2 team squad death match or free for all squad death match?
                |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                  We talking about 2 team squad death match or free for all squad death match?

Squad Death Match-
                  Two teams, with 2 squads of 4 players each.
                  So During Pre-Planning of this, squads are made "4" people make their own custom squad.
                  Each squad will than be place in a drawing and be placed with another squad by random.
                  This allows players to get to know other people and also allows players to learn other play styles.

We would do this event on a weekend one by one and after each match the next teams pop in and fight.
                  Winning squad team gets a nice smexy Ribbon. "IDK about the ribbon"

Squad Rush-
                  Because Squad Rush is a little more "Explosive" maybe randomly making the teams would change it a bit or just allow IHS's and Supporting members just pick. I'm not to sure about how teams will be made but it will still be the same as above.

Two Squads of 4 on each team.

This is just an idea to get a few more events in because we love fun stuff.
                  That being said we have seen more locked nights and such so thats a Plus.

Anyway, Add your input

Comment

No that was 4 squads vs 4 squads, not 4 people vs 4 people. I.E. 16v16 with the tie breaker being 32v32.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xen View Post
                      No that was 4 squads vs 4 squads, not 4 people vs 4 people. I.E. 16v16 with the tie breaker being 32v32.

Who are you replying to?

Comment

Originally posted by FullMetalOTN View Post
                        Squad Death Match-
                        Two teams, with 2 squads of 4 players each.
                        So During Pre-Planning of this, squads are made "4" people make their own custom squad.
                        Each squad will than be place in a drawing and be placed with another squad by random.
                        This allows players to get to know other people and also allows players to learn other play styles.

We would do this event on a weekend one by one and after each match the next teams pop in and fight.
                        Winning squad team gets a nice smexy Ribbon. "IDK about the ribbon"

Squad Rush-
                        Because Squad Rush is a little more "Explosive" maybe randomly making the teams would change it a bit or just allow IHS's and Supporting members just pick. I'm not to sure about how teams will be made but it will still be the same as above.

Two Squads of 4 on each team.

This is just an idea to get a few more events in because we love fun stuff.
                        That being said we have seen more locked nights and such so thats a Plus.

Anyway, Add your input

Squad Rush mode is 4v4 only.
                        I have a squad of 4 willing to participate in SR.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't know if combining (2) teams of 4 is a good idea. Players have their own playstyles, and a loss because of conflict of play styles could lead to tension. If a squad perceives a loss was due to anything with the other particular squad (chemistry, differing approach or execution of it, etc), they're less open to playing with said squad again. Being TG, I expect that they wouldn't be vocal about it, but that doesn't mean the disagreement isn't there.

Teams should be agreed upon by the players in the team before they enter this tournament. Accountability of the loss is well defined and it's the team as responsibility as a whole to adjust.

Comment

Well you can either have 2 squads on a team that work together or separate.
                            Squad rush can have slots changed to have 8v8 etc.

Who knows maybe the admins can think of something in the coming moths for something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by FullMetalOTN View Post
                              Squad rush can have slots changed to have 8v8 etc.

Who knows maybe the admins can think of something in the coming moths for something like this.
                              My advice, do not mess with slot count. The interface, spawns, and so on are designed for a certain player count (16 total for Squad DM and 8 total for Squad Rush).

If you really feel you need to do larger player count, then you should run Team DM or 'stock' Rush modes instead or you should thoroughly test each map on the mode you want to make sure there's no problems.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X