Com's while down.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Com's while down.

I'm curious about how everyone feels about the use of com's while you are down.

My view of it is this. If you are still revivable, you should be communicating enemy positions and otherwise talking with your squad. But once you are "dead", or unrevivable, you should no longer communicate until you respawn. I know this may seem like a small thing, but like I said, I'm curious of your views.
    sigpic

Re: Com's while down.

I assume you are referring to "ghosting". It should be disallowed but it does happen a lot and ruins the fun.
    "veritas vos liberabit"

Comment

I tend to tell the person I am going to spawn on that I will in x seconds. Or if someone is the last up in a squad reminding them so they might have a chance to disengage and regroup. On the reverse when squad leading I'll also issue orders to dead squad mates before they respawn such as to switch kits or to hold spawn.
      I haven't personally approached BF3 coms in the same way as I recall doing for ARMA and others like it where you had one life or much longer times to wait before rejoining the battle.

Comment

I tell people what happened when I got killed "Three enemies in warehouse" etc.

I don't provide info on anything that happened after I went down.

Comment

I think it's fine.
          He was told that he should not kill, and he did not kill, until he got into the Army. Then he was told to kill, and he killed.

Comment

If this were a milsim title I would be silent during death. However, this is a tactical title - I communicate tactical info when dead whenever possible in any game that is under the tactical heading of TG, bf3 included. If someone in my squad is killed, I expect them to communicate that information to the squad immediately.

If you die, please sitrep the squad on who killed you and if they are a threat to the rest of the squad. Not communicating this info is hurting your squad and team and making the game less fun for the majority of the players on this server who play this game tactically.

In practice I rarely speak when dead in bf3 because I find it very difficult to speak with beer in my mouth.

I encourage those of you who really want to play this as a milsim, to play coop with each other or lobby the admins for your own server with modified ruleset and settings that emphasize the milsim perspective. The alternative is to accept that bf3 is a tactical title that requires people to communicate tactical info while their avatars are dead.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

My thinking is this: If you can still be revived, you're still alive. You may not be able to fire your weapon but you can still support your team.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BarrytBaptist View Post
                I assume you are referring to "ghosting". It should be disallowed but it does happen a lot and ruins the fun.
                Ghosting was a term I first heard in Americas Army 2. It referred to a spectator/player on one team giving information to the other team.

Maybe the definition varies a bit.
                Skud

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
                  In practice I rarely speak when dead in bf3 because I find it very difficult to speak with beer in my mouth.
                  Haha. +rep!

Comment

In the competitive gaming world, Ghosting is when a dead player can see the whole map and is giving information on the other team that could not have been known if that player were still alive. It is the concept of Omniscience in video game form, basically.

What is being brought up here is weather a player can tell their team what happened in their immediate vicinity during and immediately after the players death.
                    sigpic

Comment

Up to know I did not know there was quarrel about... well how you call it now? Not ghosting but that other thing we are referring to... however. I did not know there was an dispute about that, as it never came to my mind to be an issue... I for my part understand if people dislike it, but I myself consider it legit as it supports teamplay and is available to both sides, so doesn't grant an advantage to any of the opposing teams or so. What is the general mindset within the community? I shall act accordingly to that.

Comment

If this were a milsim title I would be silent during death. However, this is a tactical title - I communicate tactical info when dead whenever possible in any game that is under the tactical heading of TG, bf3 included. If someone in my squad is killed, I expect them to communicate that information to the squad immediately.

If you die, please sitrep the squad on who killed you and if they are a threat to the rest of the squad. Not communicating this info is hurting your squad and team and making the game less fun for the majority of the players on this server who play this game tactically.

I encourage those of you who really want to play this as a milsim, to play coop with each other or lobby the admins for your own server with modified ruleset and settings that emphasize the milsim perspective. The alternative is to accept that bf3 is a tactical title that requires people to communicate tactical info while their avatars are dead.
                        ^This
                        Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Even if it were a milsim, without the downed squadmate saying where the enemy is, the firing of his gun should give it away, i remeber playing pr:bf2 and it would happen all the time, the enemy has to adjust position immediately to not be found
                          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I also agree with and support the above.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancer’s maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Originally posted by Evilhardt View Post
                              Up to know I did not know there was quarrel about... well how you call it now?
                              Don't worry, there's not. :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X