Why's everybody like infantry only?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why's everybody like infantry only?

Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm consistently disappointed to see the infantry only server being the only one populated.
    Personally, I'm a heli fan. I guess I can see why people pick the infantry only early in the seed, as with low playercount vehicles can be very dominant.
    That said, with 20 vs 20 I think there's plenty of room for fun vehicle teamwork.
    That's my view. Anybody else got opinions? Why is infantry only so popular?

Re: Why's everybody like infantry only?

When i play i never see people on it =/

I'd love to play it more.

Comment

There are a few reasons I think people gravitate toward infantry only, primarily I think because infantry only promotes teamwork moreso than vehicle maps. Now, I'm not saying you can't have good teamwork on vehicle maps, just that it's better on the infantry only maps. Second, and this is more of a personal view, there are only a handful of players that are dominant in vehicles and if you don't have someone on your team that's just as dominant it can quickly get ugly. There are several players that can spend an entire game in the tank or in certain aircraft and never get taken out but it doesn't matter how good of a player you are on the ground you will get owned if you run off and lone wolf it on a TG server. I think in the end infantry only is just more of an equalizer, granted there are a few really good players but for the most part everyone can aim and shoot.

Comment

I honestly dislike Turtleing vehicles. I really dislike how i only have 3 Javelins or 9 SMAWs/RPGs and will get 0% damage on a tank or APC after the firefight just due to someone(s) repairing and it just wastes me... even when I am with a team of engineers. I rather fight someone toe-to-toe even though my average ping is about 300 on the server and I end up suffering GREATLY for that...
        Please Be Warned...
        If you see me... Im never alone....
        My Soldiers Follow and are Loyal.... Problem is... you can't see me....

Comment

I love infantry only, it allows a squad to focus on more small unit based tactics, instead of worrying about armor or air. Plus its the only time I can single handedly gun down Ven's entire squad.
          sigpic

Comment

Vehicles tend to disrupt teamplay, as squadmembers are more or less "forced" by using vehicles to do unrelated things.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawks_Lead View Post
              I love infantry only, it allows a squad to focus on more small unit based tactics, instead of worrying about armor or air. Plus its the only time I can single handedly gun down Ven's entire squad.
              You only got 3 of us tough guy

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by FullMetalOTN View Post
                When i play i never see people on it =/

I'd love to play it more.
                This. . . . . I never see anyone in the infantry server and it makes me want to punch kittens

"Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                  This. . . . . I never see anyone in the infantry server and it makes me want to punch kittens
                  and baby seals
                  |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                    You only got 3 of us tough guy

Fine, but it was 4 on 1, I got 3. Not a bad run. I love the fact the the Infantry server is being populated. I just wish people would do the same for the rush one.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
                      and baby seals
                      But the meat is good....

<-- Canadian

Comment

It think it is really fun to play infantry only. I love infantry combat in bf3 and I think it is generally less fun to play with armor.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
                          It think it is really fun to play infantry only. I love infantry combat in bf3 and I think it is generally less fun to play with armor.
                          I agree with this, some maps are funner with armor i think though, like operation firestorm was like meant for armor, maybe if it could be contriacted on some maps like spawn time and such. Infantry only does harbor the better teamwork which i love :) and fullmetal, thats a quote from my bio teacher from 9th grade hahahha
                          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Infantry only was fun for awhile, then it started getting boring for a few rounds. Maybe because i played on caspian and oman without vehicles so it was sniper city.. I wouldnt mind seeing more urban setting maps on this setting. Maps like oman and wake dont make much sense theyre so big. Khark island, karkand, sharqui all sound good with infantry only.

Comment

"Variety is the spice of life."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse