Back to Basics PW Night (idea)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Basics PW Night (idea)

I wanted to do this for a while now, but we lacked the matures players to do this before. However, I think we could achieve this now!

Why not play a little PR à la BF3? This is what I propose*:

Take away the mini-map+hud (basiclly hardcore with 75% health) and also make it an unlock server so we can select the proper weapons. Each army would have a their default weapons (to reflect each factions like in PR):

US Army:
    • Medic: M16A3 , M9, Medic-pack and Pads
    • Engineer: M4A1 , M9 Tactical, SMAW and Repair/Mines
    • Support: M249 , M9, Ammo and C4/Claymores
    • Sniper: M40A5 8X scope, M9 Silenced, Beacon and MAV/TUG

Russian Army:
    • Medic: AK-74M, MP443, Medic-pack and Pads
    • Engineer: AKS-74u, MP443 Tactical, RPG and Repair/Mines
    • Support: PKP, MP443, Ammo and C4/Claymores
    • Sniper: SV-98 8X scope, MP443 Silenced, Beacon and MAV/TUG

Here is the fun part: all the players would need to select ironsights except snipers... thus the “Back to Basics” name of the PW night.

Comments, ideas?

Cheers,

Nix

Re: Back to Basics PW Night (idea)

We will of course take any ideas into consideration, but there is no way to enforce everybody using a certain kit (or to restrict kits), or certain weapon upgrades (or not). Obviously for a PW night we could expect participants to play by the rules, but it only takes one player to cause problems.

Your idea sound similar to E_Leaders planned setup/scrim on the 24th, I suggest you take a look!

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...2-24-12-a.html
    |TG-6th|FYAH29
    "So Far, So Good................So What"

Comment

Originally posted by FYAH29 View Post
      We will of course take any ideas into consideration, but there is no way to enforce everybody using a certain kit (or to restrict kits), or certain weapon upgrades (or not). Obviously for a PW night we could expect participants to play by the rules, but it only takes one player to cause problems.

Your idea sound similar to E_Leaders planned setup/scrim on the 24th, I suggest you take a look!

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...2-24-12-a.html
      We will see how this plays out with E-leader's PWN, as I said I hope we have enough mature players to pull theses ideas off.

Cheers,

Nix

Comment

In theory this would work, but it would be extremely unfair to the Russian side as the US's M16 is the best assault rifle in the game, yet the Ak-74M is one of the worst. The same goes with engineers; the M4A1 is one of the two best smg's in the game, and while the AKS-74u isn't too bad, it is not nearly at the same caliber.

Former TG-21st
        Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I think it would work, each weapon has its own way of handling, you gotta harness the powa!!! ;)
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
            In theory this would work, but it would be extremely unfair to the Russian side as the US's M16 is the best assault rifle in the game, yet the Ak-74M is one of the worst. The same goes with engineers; the M4A1 is one of the two best smg's in the game, and while the AKS-74u isn't too bad, it is not nearly at the same caliber.
            In all cases we will be changing sides each round, so it will balance it out no?

Comment

Real life isn't actually fair...
              Think about that.

Comment

I wish I could use that arguement with everything in my life lol
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by fishfox View Post
                  Real life isn't actually fair...
                  Think about that.
                  This isn't real life
                  I want you to think about that :)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Completely disagree with either of your assertions. Having used both for extensive periods of time, I can say the Russian weapons are almost as good. The disparity isn't as great as you think it is.

Comment

Originally posted by FLIPmode View Post
                      Completely disagree with either of your assertions. Having used both for extensive periods of time, I can say the Russian weapons are almost as good. The disparity isn't as great as you think it is.
                      You have a point that the disparity isn't too great as the most important factor is the aim of the person. The smg's are close enough to not matter too much, but in my opinion, the AR's are the issue. I based my claims off of how the weapons simply "feel" to me, but each person has their own personal flavor and may like one over the other. While the details are rather insignificant as a whole, the m16's better accuracy and nearly half a second less reload time can make all the difference in a close quarters fight.

Former TG-21st
                      Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

You have a point that the disparity isn't too great as the most important factor is the aim of the person. The smg's are close enough to not matter too much, but in my opinion, the AR's are the issue. I based my claims off of how the weapons simply "feel" to me, but each person has their own personal flavor and may like one over the other. While the details are rather insignificant as a whole, the m16's better accuracy and nearly half a second less reload time can make all the difference in a close quarters fight.
                        If you are going to make blanket statements like "best assault rifle" or "is one of the worst", you should probably state why (preferably with proof) or just say right away it's based on your opinion.

Comment

If you are going to make blanket statements like "best assault rifle" or "is one of the worst", you should probably state why (preferably with proof) or just say right away it's based on your opinion.
                          exactly ^. Both assault rifles feel good to me, I actually prefer the ak-74m
                          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I wasn't trying to start an argument, I was simply pointing something out. It's not like I'm insulting anything, I was just talking about the two guns. Mostly I based what I said off of personal opinion, but the m16 has a reload of 1.8 compared to the AK74's 2.2. The m16 also has an up recoil of 2.5 and a left recoil of 1 to the AK's up recoil of 3 and left recoil of 2. The m16 has a rate of fire of 800 rpm to the AK's 650 rpm. The m16's bullets travel at 650 m/s to the AK's 600 m/s. So I guess those facts could be counted as proof. Remember though that I thought that the AK was one of the worst (in my opinion), not the worst. This is all relative to the other AR's however, as all of the AR's are relatively powerful. It also depends on the individual aim style of the player. Because of the way I aim, I usually do not like using the burst fire weapons, but I have seen many people do insanely well with them.

Overall though, its the player who matters more than the guns he is using. Good positioning, tactics, and aim are almost always more important than which gun is being used. I guess I will cave and say that it does not matter too much as this is just an idea for having a different sort of fun during password night(s).
                            Last edited by MacLeod; 02-20-2012, 04:54 PM.

Former TG-21st
                            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

75% health is rediculous. Shooting someone 3 times just to have them run into cover and heal to 100% is retarted. you would need to drop it down to lower than 50% to get anywhere near PR. And for gods sake take off the damn crosshair. Its so juvenile. if you dont know where your barrel is pointing without looking down the scope. YOU DESERVE TO BE SHOT!
                              -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...