TG using Positional audio yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG using Positional audio yet?

surfing the web i saw they have positional audio working i think, just wondering if you guys are using it?

this would be sweet

Re: TG using Positional audio yet?

what software?
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

TS has positional audio, but I think it needs to be integrated in the game to work properly.

Hrmm, looks like mumble has positional audio with BF3 implemented. That would be fun.

http://ryanaustin.net/BF3Mumble/

Can't really find any TS plugins to link BF3 with TS positional audio.

Comment

https://github.com/nyetwurk/mumble/downloads

mumble

haven't you seen PR mumble? that's why its so great

Comment

I used Mumble for the first time recently in BF3. I loved it! I don't know a ton about it, and it is a bit more complicated than TS to install, but positional audio greatly enhanced the immersion factor for me. When Squad mates are talking to you, you can tell where they are, and if they are near or far just by the sound. You can also yell out for anyone nearby to hear, and there are alot of other channels available for SL-SL, SL-CO, etc. Really cool stuff

Comment

Request: Positional VOIP audio in bf3 on TG. Even if it is a locked server to test it out one night.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
              Request: Positional VOIP audio in bf3 on TG. Even if it is a locked server to test it out one night.
              I second this. Would be really fun, provided your squad is set up to run positional audio.

Comment

This describes the 3d audio from TS the best.
                If you think it's like mumble, then your completely wrong.
                Proud to have been an Irregular!

2142: Medic4Hire - BF4/Origin: MedicNL

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumQrack View Post
                  I second this. Would be really fun, provided your squad is set up to run positional audio.
                  I'll try this.....have never used it
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Just an fyi, TS3's 3D positional audio is not the same thing as Mumble's positional audio feature.

Teamspeak 3 has a 3D audio feature, but it is intended so that you can "move" people closer or farther away in channel or set certain people to talk from certain directions. It's a way to help minimize clutter when multiple people are talking at once. At this time there is no way to utilize this feature in a mumble-esque manner, and I don't think the devs plan to implement this. I've seen a couple people talk about reverse engineering mumble's BF3 plugin for TS3, but I haven't heard anything past their initial posts and I assume that their projects died.

That being said, I would be interested in trying this out on pub play (need to get my new PC built), but of course the major roadblock is to get the majority of our player base to use it. I'd say it's worth a shot though.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancer’s maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Mumble = win.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
                        Mumble = win.
                        Yes and no. I think it all comes down to the pace of the game.
                        PR is slower, so you can talk to each other while standing close and taking your time.
                        Proud to have been an Irregular!

2142: Medic4Hire - BF4/Origin: MedicNL

Comment

Originally posted by Bert Haanstra View Post
                          Yes and no. I think it all comes down to the pace of the game.
                          PR is slower, so you can talk to each other while standing close and taking your time.
                          This is true aswell.

Comment

This sounds like it has some possiblities. I believe knyghtmare has adopted the teamsync to work with Mumble as well. This would open up some cool posibilities for games play.

I have played on a server with the mumble positional audio and it really does change the immersion factor. Knowing that the guy ahead/behind you is the one calling out targets makes acquisition so much easier, no more taking a quick look at the minimap to see where the SM is talking from.

I would be willing to take the time and set up my system to try it out for one of our server nights. Maybe we should put a request in the CAA forum? or has someone done that already?
                            sigpic

Comment

It could be setup to better facilitate inter squad communication as well.
                              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X