BF3 on TG - Conduct and other topics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 on TG - Conduct and other topics

This thread has been created because I have seen many threads talking about what is considered good conduct on our server.
    If I have understood it correctly, the admins would like us to police ourselves and create a good environment on the servers.

In here I thought we could discuss solutions or gather the views of the community on different topics.

1. The gentleman's agreement regarding using tanks before the server has 16 players (8v8).

2. RPGs against infantry.

3. UCB engagement.

4. Different weapons, or their usage, some might have a problem with.

Please feel free to add to this list, no topic is off limits.
    Also you can post things from the primer and state your case, we can all need a reminder of the primer some times.

Hopefully we can reach a consensus on something we can all keep in mind when joining the servers. I am thinking that if there are many agreeing on one thing then maybe we can make it a guideline at least. This could lead to it being easier to "correct" players in game, and give everyone a more pleasant experience.

So far, for BF3, I feel that the one thing we all agree on is bunny hopping.
    "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Re: BF3 on TG - Conduct and other topics

Originally posted by Lien View Post
    1. The gentleman's agreement regarding using tanks before the server has 16 players (8v8).

2. RPGs against infantry.

3. UCB engagement.

4. Different weapons, or their usage, some might have a problem with.
    1. Does not work in public games because pubbers that have no alliance to TG will eventually join up and they won't care with the "gentleman's agreement"

2. I give you the primer: 1) Create an environment conducive for mature gamers to enjoy the games they play without the everyday interference from the less-than-mature gamers.
    3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather
    than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine, regardless of the level of advantage, if any, it gives over the opposing team.

3. This should speak for itself. stay away, simple as that. That I should be getting shot at main by a TG member in our servers is in my opinion a BANNABLE offence because you are a TG member and you should damn well know the rules of our servers.

4. back to number 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
      1. Does not work in public games because pubbers that have no alliance to TG will eventually join up and they won't care with the "gentleman's agreement"

2. I give you the primer: 1) Create an environment conducive for mature gamers to enjoy the games they play without the everyday interference from the less-than-mature gamers.
      3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather
      than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine, regardless of the level of advantage, if any, it gives over the opposing team.

3. This should speak for itself. stay away, simple as that. That I should be getting shot at main by a TG member in our servers is in my opinion a BANNABLE offence because you are a TG member and you should damn well know the rules of our servers.

4. back to number 2.
      unfortunately Kwalc is right on #1....I think the best we can do is make a valid attempt at the gentlemens agreement by not being the first to hop in the armor.

I will add to number 3. If the guy takes 10 steps away from a spawn in the UCB.....use some sense and realize how cheap a kill that is even though he is "situational aware" You wouldn't want it done to you....don't do it to others.
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Allright we are off to a good start, thanks for posting.
        "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

One thing that has really caught my eye over the last few weeks is the poor use of the chat box. In my opinion, the chat box should be used for team messages because a lot of people aren't using SL comms ("Armor and infantry approaching B from west"), an occasional comment to the other team or a player on the other team ("Gunney, you and your blasted claymores!!!"), or promoting TG rules or TG messages ("Join us in teamspeak", "ADMIN: report XXXXX for bunny hopping"). Recently, I have noticed the chat box devolve into long winded discussions between a couple of players. The chat box at that point is rendered useless because it is overloaded with an in depth conversation. That is what the forums are for. Admittedly, I have been guilty of this as well (I attempted to explain the gentlemen's agreement), but I try to refer people now to the primer or join us on TS. Unfortunately, I have seen on more than one occasion lots of whining, insulting and cursing constantly going on in the chat, and many these people have [TG] in front of their name.

One of the most refreshing things about the TG servers as compared to other servers is (er, was) the lack of flaming, griefing and whining going on in the chat. Let's all make a conscious effort to keep the chat respectful, clean and constructive. Unless of course you run into one of Gunney's claymores...:).

Comment

1.) Can be easily dealt with by informing the Pub what it is and why it is. Respectfully, Primer #2 after all.

2.) This is situational, I have no problem RPGing cover, buildings and the like. But to use it against Inf out in the open moving from cover to cover, not so much. Or at point blank range as you round a corner. This I personally feel is not following the Primer #3. You would not scout around a corner with an RPG out, you'd have your primary weapon ready, before stepping around the corner.

3.) Too obvious to comment on.

4.) No comment, a gun is a gun. Just because someone uses a 12x scope and a bolt action rifle in CQC, it should not be an issue. How is this any different than if someone used a Shotgun for long shots? It can be done, is it always effective, no but it can be done.
            sigpic

Comment

2/4.) The primer cannot account for all actions and there are no rules for this.

This post is fishing for something beyond what is set forth by the primer. The primer is all-encompassing. It is like the US Constitution. It is the law of the land. Only the interpretation of the admin team matters on whether you did/didn't follow the primer. They are like the supreme court and we are the district court judges. We all have our own "interpretations" and only if it is something that the supreme court wants to hear will they make a decision. Because we are all district court judges, there will be a spectrum of opinions.

Play the game with the right attitude.
              Just don't be naive to the fact that there will be people committing actions "that don't follow the spirit of the primer". Problems with those players should be reported TO THE ADMIN TEAM!!! If you have a problem, don't type it up in chat, use a neutral party to solve the problem.

Asking for a discussion has not lead to any radical new rules/agreements and can only bring attention, however momentary, to some of these "issues".

Reaching an agreement on issues like this is also impossible since it could then be codified into a rule. I have yet to see any easy-to-police rules for those situations.

It should be noted that I use rule/agreement as something that is interchangeable.

If you truly believed that everything can be solved through "asking" for more sportsmanship among TG players and posting these threads on a forum, these kind of threads wouldn't pop up with the same theme amongst 3 different threads.

It's like we all have this one person or this one situation in the back of our minds that plays in a way counter to the primer. We all seem to remember this nameless bad player, but nobody spends 30 seconds telling an admin in-game?
              Last edited by TheSc1entist; 02-22-2012, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Doc, I think it comes down to not wanting to be the one that rocks the boat enough to get someone kicked out of it. By being vague here on the forums, the hope is the offending person will read it and take it to heart and change his ways, without the poster being directly involved in ruining someones experience on TG servers. Even though the action they are talking about is disrupting theirs.
                sigpic

Comment

This is my own personal Issue as I want a better understanding.

I've been using Recon as an Aggressive Recon.
                  I use ACOG and 8x Scope for both long and close range.

This is what I've been doing, normally playing objectives and follow orders but using a sniper in both CC and long range combat.
                  I also hardscope and Drag Scope.
                  Hard scoping is normal scoping, Drag is aim near them and drag your crosshair to the person at high speeds.

Anyway thats how I fight, my issue is, can I still do this If i still follow orders and play like anyone would with any other gun.

Comment

I know what drag scoping is. In many games where you drag scope you get hits even though your crosshair is not on the target. Theres many youtube videos showing just that. Isn't that "gaming the game"? I dont know for sure but it sounds like a grey area. Admin input please?

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                      I know what drag scoping is. In many games where you drag scope you get hits even though your crosshair is not on the target. Theres many youtube videos showing just that. Isn't that "gaming the game"? I dont know for sure but it sounds like a grey area. Admin input please?

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk

Most times when I drag scope i dont go over the target, I stop right on them.
                      But yes as ven said, admin input please.

Comment

Use sniper rifles the way they're intended.

No debate necessary. ;)
                        Skud

Comment

Admins this is not to pick on you, but I'm going to play devils advocate here for a moment, so please bear with me. Maybe this whole issue is not a weapons or even tactics. Possibly, it's the hands off approach and indirect leadership that maybe the core issue here. The community has debated various "issues" twelve ways to sunday, but they keep coming back to you for some sort of "ruling". So, provide one to them in black and white, taking in the discussion points. That way, they know when to report issues or to just suck it up and deal with it.

With that said, I personally don't see any problem with how you guys are running things. So far the BF3 admin team has been pretty spot on, IMHO.

This community requires leaders outside the game, just as much as inside the game. Those leaders do not have to be the Admin team, but it helps. Hope this gives some people something to think about. That is all I ever try to do.
                          sigpic

Comment

The problem is... when we start to talk about the very minute details of the game play, it becomes increasingly difficult to define clear rules, much less enforce them. Look at how often our current relatively simple rules have been misinterpreted as players look to the wording of the rule rather than the idea behind them.

But let me comment on the scoping thing and you tell me what you think:
                            • Hardscoping is what most would consider normal sniper scope use. You take aim, and squeeze the trigger.
                            • Dragscoping is where you swipe the crosshair from one side to the other, and squeeze the trigger as it passes over the enemy. Assuming that there's no game mechanism that particularly rewards the technique and awards a hit when it shouldn't, it's primarily an aiming technique that can be used in conjunction with hardscoping.
                            • Quickscoping is when you line the enemy up in the center of your screen, and then switch to scope for a split second only to get the accuracy bonus the scope provides without ever really using the crosshair.

Look to the TG Primer and you'll see that one is not like the others.

Comment

How about just a good old fashioned answer for the guy

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X