We seriously need team Communication.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We seriously need team Communication.

Seriously, I had my squad holding spawn so I could get into the Boat to work the flank. Even typed in chat that I needed to go to F as someone else got the pilot seat, then they ram the boat strait on the beach at C. The excuse, we took the flag. No com's stating that was their intent, because if I had known, I would have gotten out of the boat and figured something else out. 1 squad does not a Team make. It takes forever for the boat to despawn and return to RU deployment. But, that never crossed anyones mind.

Teamwork does not end with your 4 squad mates. As it is, I quit playing for the night. The attitude of we are doing this and everyone else can go Frack off, struck a nerve. That is not teamwork. Teamwork requires all 20+ people cordinating together, not just the 4 you have to work with on Com's. On the initial spawn, there are only so many ways to rapidly deploy. Without communication of knowing where the fastest transport is going, we waste time and and ticket bleed.
    sigpic

Re: We seriously need team Communication.

It's been a while since my last visit on the TG servers, but yesterday I had quite a few fun rounds. I won't go into detail but we played together, we were effective and it was fun, simple as that.

Oh and we discovered a 'bug' or something. Obviously people can spawn IN ROCKS. One of my squadmates went out of the vodnik (russian 'humvee') by the rocks above C flag on Noshar Canals. He was dropped in the big pile of rocks and couldn't get out, we actually spawned in to check whats going on and it's pretty hilarious, we could see enemy soldiers walking on top of us but the invisible wall (rock shell) prevented us from going out anywhere.

Just thought I'd share that because it was a really funny experience
    ˝Memento audere semper˝

Comment

Ya, I'm not really feeling the teamplay as i did a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Xen View Post
        Seriously, I had my squad holding spawn so I could get into the Boat to work the flank. Even typed in chat that I needed to go to F as someone else got the pilot seat, then they ram the boat strait on the beach at C. The excuse, we took the flag. No com's stating that was their intent, because if I had known, I would have gotten out of the boat and figured something else out. 1 squad does not a Team make. It takes forever for the boat to despawn and return to RU deployment. But, that never crossed anyones mind.

Teamwork does not end with your 4 squad mates. As it is, I quit playing for the night. The attitude of we are doing this and everyone else can go Frack off, struck a nerve. That is not teamwork. Teamwork requires all 20+ people cordinating together, not just the 4 you have to work with on Com's. On the initial spawn, there are only so many ways to rapidly deploy. Without communication of knowing where the fastest transport is going, we waste time and and ticket bleed.

You want to know whats funny about that whole scenario? I was part of the squad that took the boat, and yes we did take C....then B....then A. The ironic part???? We thought you were mad at Elmeistro....you typed in "F Elmeistro"
        Next time be a little more informative in what you type.

Now the issue I have is your assumption on our attitude.......your way off base Xen.
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

The part I dont understand is that that squad got the boat first, so they get to go where they want with it, i mean they could have not beached it and let you kept going but they probably forgot that. It's like bf2142 buggy rushes, first come first serve. Although a commander would fix most of these problems
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

he was never in the boat
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
              he was never in the boat
              well there ya go ^
              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I was on the gun actually. you spawned 3rd seat. As I said, I tried to spawn in at Pilot. But, that's besides the point, the lack of communication caused a bunch of misunderstandings from everyone involved and it could simply be avoided. Anyone hopping in the driver seat of a vehicle that can carry passangers, should atleast say where it's going before start of round. That way, others who may also be planning to use the vehicle, can either change plans, or assit with drivers plan. Less confusion and a better, and quicker deployment of troops.
                sigpic

Comment

We have no commander, nor would that ever get implemented in any reasonable way. Most people are not qualified to command since there is no easy way to gain information nor an easy way to disseminate information. In BF2142, at least the commander had a working HUD with the power and resources to gather intel. A commander in BF3 can use a MAV, at best.

So the only solution available is SL-Sl chat...

Problem solved.

Also realize that BF3 is a fast-paced game. A lot of the game is reactionary and commanding/SL is done on the fly. If positions are entrenched, then frenetic shooting can appear with a semblance of tactical forethought.
                  Unfortunately, flags constantly shift and the heat of the battle moves from flag to flag.

SL can gain as much information as a commander by just having a MAV located in contested hot spots.

Comment

Just make the TS channels full team. Yes, I know that there will be a lot of chatter, but what we have now is irritating to the extreme due to the TOTAL lack of team coordination.
                    sigpic

Comment

Actually, something simple in Team chat. Like, "Ramming the boat on C" would have provided enough info. The rest of the team would know, if they wanted to help fast attack C, to spawn a member on the boat, then once they hit the beach rest of squad spawns in. This can and should be done with any transport though, regardless of map.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SandTrout View Post
                        Just make the TS channels full team. Yes, I know that there will be a lot of chatter, but what we have now is irritating to the extreme due to the TOTAL lack of team coordination.
                        25+ people in a channel sounds like the worst thing ever.

Also, then, I cannot ask for cookie recipes from xBadger.
                        Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Xen View Post
                          Actually, something simple in Team chat. Like, "Ramming the boat on C" would have provided enough info. The rest of the team would know, if they wanted to help fast attack C, to spawn a member on the boat, then once they hit the beach rest of squad spawns in. This can and should be done with any transport though, regardless of map.
                          Sometimes if you are rushing a boat at the beginning of the round every second counts, and stopping to type can throw off a very delicate maneuver, and yes the whole team in the same channel only works for up to around 8v8 and possibly 12v12. After that, it becomes too much with 4+ squads trying to do 4+ separate tasks all at the same time.

Former TG-21st
                          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by MacLeod View Post
                            Sometimes if you are rushing a boat at the beginning of the round every second counts, and stopping to type can throw off a very delicate maneuver, and yes the whole team in the same channel only works for up to around 8v8 and possibly 12v12. After that, it becomes too much with 4+ squads trying to do 4+ separate tasks all at the same time.
                            Any way we could increase the time until round start? It'd give people time to talk, at least. 2142 did okay with its 90s, iirc.
                            I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Type it in Team Chat. I can't believe typing a short message like "trans going C beach" is that hard to do under the current timer.

Having a longer timer would help setup a team wide plan over Team Text Chat. It would also give newer SL'ers a chance to find gaps in the plan and fill them. Keep Squad VoiP the same. Thus, when everyone at the same time types Assaulting A flag, you can choose a plan to take something else, as two front wars are harder to fight than a single front.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X