Input from TG BF3 players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input from TG BF3 players

Something has been bugging me lately. I find it odd because I have never had this issue before.
    My question is this:
    Is everyone happy with the game play on our servers.....any of them?

I want to know if this is a personal beef that I am getting (possibly getting crabby as I get older?), or if others feel as I do?

On the vehicle server it just feels like your obliterated by vehicles. When you can kill them it "seems" like there back a minute later.

On the wednesday infantry server it seems like cheesier weapons come out for easy kills.

The one saving grace is when the armor server is at like 12 people.......the weapons for some reason are used correctly(and configured appropriately as they would be real world), and the armor isn't hammering you into the ground.

Just looking for some feedback on this. I haven't been able to get the "TG" feel on our servers for these reasons for some time now and am just wondering if I'm alone?
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: Input from TG BF3 players

I agree with you.
    BlackSheepTx

Comment

Ven, I sympathize. The game itself lends to that feeling. When Tanks and APC's require 2 Javilens to destroy and the relock timer is that long. A tank op, with reactive, +3 Engys can out heal the damage it takes from a single Jav launcher. This requires more of the team to be dedicated to armor removal. Leaving far less focusing on the objective. This is not a issue with the armor, it's an issue with the weapons used on armor and some of the tactics we employ with armor. Show me a real world scenario, where a tank is repaired while being under rocket/armor fire? There are ample examples of armor retreating to refit and repair. AT/AA weapon damage needs to be adjusted, but that's upto Dice/EA. Possibly not the RPGs, as they do have other uses outside AT. (Cover busting, building smashing, etc...)

The issue with the repair tool is similar to the defibulator discussion we had, there is a right and wrong time to use it. So here's an idea to help define the right time, only repair when you are inside the cap radius of a friendly flag. There's an obvious marker showing when you are in it, let's use it. This would cause armor to be used more cautiously. When they take a hit, to survive they have to withdraw to get repaired. There is a bit of logic with this as well, if you are able to spawn in, supply lines have been established, meaning replacement parts to repair vehicles with. Squads that want to defend a flag, could have 1-3 engys who can setup a "motor pool" around the flag. This would also place a higher importance on holding flags that are captured. Obviously, there is no way to enforce this. I share this only to help define a playstyle that promotes a TG style of play.

We would still have to deal with New Players, that are not familiar with TG playstyle. If we lead by example, and educate them as a community, we will either cause them to lose interest and move on, or become a new member that wants to learn more.

As for the personal weapons choices on Inf only night, it think it comes down to not having to deal with infantry, allows people to explore other parts of the game. A gun only kills one way. Until it backfires. Thankfully, we do not have to deal with that. Let the Inf only mature some, allow people to find the gun that makes the game challanging.
      sigpic

Comment

I have had the most fun on infantry servers on large maps (Caspian, Firestorm, etc). Cheesy weapons less effective.

Otherwise I am also very frustrated. In the armor server I spend most of my time hiding from the chopper or trying to defend myself the tank/apc

Comment

The armor is a simple fix, dumb the hps down on the armor just like we have so readily done to infantry and increase the spawn timer. The alternative would be to give ng's unlimited ammo since they run out of javelin's and rpg's, and the armor just keeps coming.

Comment

The tank has become the objective for both teams. Destroy it or repair it, either way, too many resources are employed to deal with it.
            sigpic

Comment

I can understand if someone gets frustrated about vehicles, if the respawn timers are short then people don't appreciate tanks and everything else, they just go in guns blazing.

I do like the infatry server though, whenever I play I get some great rounds. Also I gotta say man, there's no such thing as ˝cheesy˝ weapons, not even close
              ˝Memento audere semper˝

Comment

Solution: Increase vehicle spawn time by quite a bit. Not sure if that parameter is adjustable, but I think that would be something to try out anyway. Maybe Fallen has already done this on the TacMod serv, I dont know.

Comment

Originally posted by Battledragun View Post
                  The armor is a simple fix, dumb the hps down on the armor just like we have so readily done to infantry and increase the spawn timer. The alternative would be to give ng's unlimited ammo since they run out of javelin's and rpg's, and the armor just keeps coming.
                  Originally posted by QuantumQrack View Post
                  Solution: Increase vehicle spawn time by quite a bit. Not sure if that parameter is adjustable, but I think that would be something to try out anyway.
                  The only thing we can do that affects vehicles is increase spawn time or turn them off.

We can try to experiment with this on a per-map basis, on the larger maps a longer spawn time would probably be a positive change most of the time.

Comment

I am having a great time with this title. TG has made it that much better, playing on other servers will show you that. 80% health, Teamsynch, turned a good title into a great title.

It is what it is. Not many people start threads about the positives of the game, which means if you only see the forums some might think we all have issues with the game.

I think the assets are over powered. I'm sure it's hard striking a balance as a developer, maybe they didn't count on the skill on the PC side and they balanced it for the console ; )

But variety is nice - sometimes I am in an infantry only mood, other times some intense armor battles are on the menu. That leaves me x months left to figure out how to fly (well).

For me it beats anything else out there, and the people here are what make it for me.

Comment

There's gotta be a happy medium, vehicles should be dangerous and I do think that when a tank shows up everyone should be running for cover. For me the only issue is how fast the armor comes rolling right back, even if you're successful the first time it's rare you still have ammo to take the armor out the second time around. There are tons of support in most games but it always seems like you can't find an ammo kit when you need one.

FYI - I'm not advocating screwing the folks that love their armor and it does suck when joe schmuckateli jumps in a tank just to use it for transportation but I think that can be addressed through our primer if I'm not mistaken. I think just about everyone has the same complaint, the spawn time. If they don't have the same complaint I think an increased spawn timer might address their concern. I have no problem with a tanker that's tough to kill, some of us are just good in armor and we have to get better at taking them out is all. If they're good then the spawn timer won't be an issue will it?

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix. View Post

Also I gotta say man, there's no such thing as ˝cheesy˝ weapons, not even close
                        I disagree. "Improper" use of explosive weapons is cheesy.
                        Improper load outs on long sniper rifles are cheesy. Where its obvious its being used to take advantage of lower hp settings. I see plenty of both. In my eyes what makes it improper is the primer.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
                        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I have an issue with the sniper comment... The modern sniper in an urban environment makes more engagements at 100-200m than any other distance right now simply because of the street to street aspect of combat. And snipers are actually pretty easy to kill if they are close...1. the glint from their sight gives them away 2. if you suppress them, its almost a stupid proof kill 3. up close he is stuck with a pistol(or semi auto rifle), you have something full auto or a nade launcher, rpg, ... nade. I think snipers are awesome the way that they are. Now... I would love to see the spawn timer on vehicles changed, It would make for better infantry combat and would also demand more out of the player opperating said asset. Those that dont "value" the tank or chopper will loose it for the team, and many times assets determine the winning team. I think we need to see what changes come in the next patch aswell. There are quite a few "balance" tweaks comming, several having to do with AT and AA.

-Crazy
                          |TG| CrazySob
                          sigpic
                          Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Comment

I think that if the vehicles had a weak point that would nearly kill the vehicle if struck (like the tanks in BF2142) would help balance it more. I find that the Disabled part of the damage system is not enough to make it easy to take down tanks. In BF2142, tanks could be practically one shotted in the rear, which made people less aggressive with the tank, using it as a support role rather than an assault.

Also the damage system has always been off, i can't ever tell when the tank is near death or merely at half health.
                            |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazySob View Post
                              I have an issue with the sniper comment... 1. the glint from their sight gives them away 2. if you suppress them, its almost a stupid proof kill 3. up close he is stuck with a pistol(or semi auto rifle), you have something full auto or a nade launcher, rpg, ... nade. I think snipers are awesome the way that they are. Now... I would love to see the spawn timer on vehicles changed, It would make for better infantry combat and would also demand more out of the player opperating said asset. Those that dont "value" the tank or chopper will loose it for the team, and many times assets determine the winning team. I think we need to see what changes come in the next patch aswell. There are quite a few "balance" tweaks comming, several having to do with AT and AA.

-Crazy
                              Heres my counter
                              1. no glint because they are using holo sites, acog's to avoid glint and sway. I do have an rpg or nade launcher but shooting a sniper in the open is not the intended use of it per the primer and spirit of TG play.
                              2. there not stationary to suppress because they have there long sniper rifle uber equipped to be a 1 shot no aim close quarter monster with grip, laser,.......if snipers are at such a "disadvantage" then why play it.
                              3. see #2......he's not "stuck" with anything. if you like recon class there are like 9-12 weapons that are way better suited for close quarter combat.....which is 200m or less.

Now keep in mind some of the semi auto rifles in recon class are more of a battle rifle, and far better suited for the use of recon. SKS and MK11 come to mind. shortened barrel and bigger mag capacity are key traits of a battle rifle. The issue with the loadouts is people using the bolt action rifles equipped the way I mentioned above. you will not catch a soldier saying to himself "I know I'm going into the heat of battle.....I think I will put a holo site grip and laser site on my BOLT action rifle".(or any long barreled true SNIPER rifle) If you want to use the heavier hitting long guns then use them right....put a damn 7X scope or above on it, that's real world. thats intended use.

It just so clearly is NOT the intended use of the longer sniper rifles that it can only mean people are using it to take advantage of our HP settings. I have even seen in game chat people saying "don't blame me, blame TG's low health settings".....I mean c'mon

I do hope the next patch changes some very game breaking issues

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X