Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DLC Announced

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [INFO] DLC Announced

    Three DLCs were announced last night.

    -Close Quarters: focusing on (surprisingly) infantry combat in close quarters
    -Armored Kill: Large maps and new vehicles
    -End Game: unknown

    The first one is supposed to be released in June. More information can be found here:

    http://www.battlefield.com/battlefie...close-quarters
    sigpic

  • #2
    Re: DLC Announced

    I wonder if "end game" means no more DLC for Bf3....hmmmm
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: DLC Announced

      End game could really be anything,

      Im thinking its an attack on american/Russian cities, Big tank battles on the whitehouses front lawn, chopper fights over the Kremlin.

      The two DLCS with info behind them sound like they will be adding stuff for everyone.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: DLC Announced

        The video of Close Quarters makes it look very similar to team/squad deathmatch. I'm all for infantry fighting but this doesn't seem to be very "Battlefield" to me. Rather it looks like counter-strike or something on battlefield's engine.

        Armored kill - I'm not really one to love maps that have too much armor and the title doesn't sound like they're going to go light on the vehicles here.

        I really wish they'd release a "really balanced, infantry and armor strat map pack dlc for money from EA" DLC. I'm not sure if it's the maps in BF3 or the game design itself but I feel that Bad Company 2 mixed armor with infantry much better than BF3 does.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: DLC Announced

          Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
          Rather it looks like counter-strike or something on battlefield's engine.
          This is what I was thinking as I watched the video, reminded me of cs_office. I enjoyed CS but I don't know if I want to enjoy it in BF3. I will wait for more/better video of MP game play for this DLC before I judge it. If they do stick to smaller maps (this one looks tiny!) I hope that the player count is restricted to suit it.
          sigpic


          Comment


          • #6
            Re: DLC Announced

            Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
            The video of Close Quarters makes it look very similar to team/squad deathmatch. I'm all for infantry fighting but this doesn't seem to be very "Battlefield" to me. Rather it looks like counter-strike or something on battlefield's engine.

            Armored kill - I'm not really one to love maps that have too much armor and the title doesn't sound like they're going to go light on the vehicles here.

            I really wish they'd release a "really balanced, infantry and armor strat map pack dlc for money from EA" DLC. I'm not sure if it's the maps in BF3 or the game design itself but I feel that Bad Company 2 mixed armor with infantry much better than BF3 does.
            Where are you finding video? The website says the first trailer wont be released until next week?
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: DLC Announced

              ugh, get ready for the hallways of death, RPG fun-factories.



              Comment


              • #8
                I'm thinking usas with frag rounds......oh the horror

                Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
                "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: DLC Announced

                  Originally posted by Ven View Post
                  Where are you finding video? The website says the first trailer wont be released until next week?
                  There was some hand-cam footage of some Close Quarters game play. EA has since had the video pulled from youtube.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: DLC Announced



                    --->

                    "The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind"
                    H.P. Lovecraft

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: DLC Announced

                      Well at least theres not going to be freaking lasers and mech robots roaming around.

                      +1 for DICE


                      Originally posted by Reminshi View Post


                      --->

                      The Armored Kill DLC set to release in the fall will have the largest Battlefield map so far. With new tanks and weapons.. even mobile artillery.
                      -oG.WarrioR-


                      |?|

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: DLC Announced

                        This picture of the DLC seems to have another helo in the top right corner..

                        Looks like a kiowa w/o the FLIR

                        http://battlefieldo.com/images/cqkeyart.jpg
                        -oG.WarrioR-


                        |?|

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: DLC Announced

                          New maps can only be good news.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: DLC Announced

                            'End game' is DICE's way of saying they killed the Battlefield series. Whatever games they come out with next, please don't piss on the grave of the series and call their next POS Battlefield.
                            Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: DLC Announced

                              Originally posted by Greasy Mullet View Post
                              'End game' is DICE's way of saying they killed the Battlefield series. Whatever games they come out with next, please don't piss on the grave of the series and call their next POS Battlefield.
                              or maybe they could just be awesome and amazing and make a worthy 2143........oh wait they already are beyond the point of revive.
                              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X