Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] DLC Announced

Three DLCs were announced last night.

-Close Quarters: focusing on (surprisingly) infantry combat in close quarters
    -Armored Kill: Large maps and new vehicles
    -End Game: unknown

The first one is supposed to be released in June. More information can be found here:

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefie...close-quarters
    sigpic

Re: DLC Announced

I wonder if "end game" means no more DLC for Bf3....hmmmm
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

End game could really be anything,

Im thinking its an attack on american/Russian cities, Big tank battles on the whitehouses front lawn, chopper fights over the Kremlin.

The two DLCS with info behind them sound like they will be adding stuff for everyone.

Comment

The video of Close Quarters makes it look very similar to team/squad deathmatch. I'm all for infantry fighting but this doesn't seem to be very "Battlefield" to me. Rather it looks like counter-strike or something on battlefield's engine.

Armored kill - I'm not really one to love maps that have too much armor and the title doesn't sound like they're going to go light on the vehicles here.

I really wish they'd release a "really balanced, infantry and armor strat map pack dlc for money from EA" DLC. I'm not sure if it's the maps in BF3 or the game design itself but I feel that Bad Company 2 mixed armor with infantry much better than BF3 does.

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
          Rather it looks like counter-strike or something on battlefield's engine.
          This is what I was thinking as I watched the video, reminded me of cs_office. I enjoyed CS but I don't know if I want to enjoy it in BF3. I will wait for more/better video of MP game play for this DLC before I judge it. If they do stick to smaller maps (this one looks tiny!) I hope that the player count is restricted to suit it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
            The video of Close Quarters makes it look very similar to team/squad deathmatch. I'm all for infantry fighting but this doesn't seem to be very "Battlefield" to me. Rather it looks like counter-strike or something on battlefield's engine.

Armored kill - I'm not really one to love maps that have too much armor and the title doesn't sound like they're going to go light on the vehicles here.

I really wish they'd release a "really balanced, infantry and armor strat map pack dlc for money from EA" DLC. I'm not sure if it's the maps in BF3 or the game design itself but I feel that Bad Company 2 mixed armor with infantry much better than BF3 does.
            Where are you finding video? The website says the first trailer wont be released until next week?
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

ugh, get ready for the hallways of death, RPG fun-factories.

Comment

I'm thinking usas with frag rounds......oh the horror

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                  Where are you finding video? The website says the first trailer wont be released until next week?
                  There was some hand-cam footage of some Close Quarters game play. EA has since had the video pulled from youtube.

Comment

--->

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind"
                    H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

Well at least theres not going to be freaking lasers and mech robots roaming around.

+1 for DICE

Originally posted by Reminshi View Post

--->

The Armored Kill DLC set to release in the fall will have the largest Battlefield map so far. With new tanks and weapons.. even mobile artillery.
                      -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Comment

This picture of the DLC seems to have another helo in the top right corner..

Looks like a kiowa w/o the FLIR

http://battlefieldo.com/images/cqkeyart.jpg
                        -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Comment

New maps can only be good news.

Comment

'End game' is DICE's way of saying they killed the Battlefield series. Whatever games they come out with next, please don't piss on the grave of the series and call their next POS Battlefield.
                            Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy Mullet View Post
                              'End game' is DICE's way of saying they killed the Battlefield series. Whatever games they come out with next, please don't piss on the grave of the series and call their next POS Battlefield.
                              or maybe they could just be awesome and amazing and make a worthy 2143........oh wait they already are beyond the point of revive.
                              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X