The TG Way and BF3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The TG Way and BF3

Before tonight's class, I wanted to go over a few things that have been bugging me as of late. Those few things revolve around the current status of the BF3 community, and how much work needs to be done with it. To see tagged TG members on the server bunny hopping, using weapon exploits, and doing other non-tg things on TG servers is the main reason that BF3 at TG is having problems and being looked down on. Teamwork, Maturity, Communication, at all times. To be quite frank, if you can't abide the primer and the code of conduct we have at TG, then you need to hit the door. Every time I teach a TGU class I always stress respect, maturity, teamwork, communication, all the things that make us what we are. Oh, and let me tell you, TG is the 1% we are not here to cater to the CoD style players that lone wolf it, act like idiots, exploit, camp and generally act like 14 year old children. We are here to promote respect and maturity in all games we play. To here that some of my friends even brought this up to some members of other IHS's and was literally told by the members of that IHS they "Did not care" and would play how they wanted, also makes me want to see that entire IHS in question shown the door. But alas it's not my place to do so. Remember when you are playing BF3 or any other game wearing the TG tags, there are a few expectations of you...

Maturity
    Teamwork
    Respect your fellow TG'ers
    Communicate with your fellow TG'ers as best and clearly as you can.

Report every single person you see, not abiding by the primer and the code of ethics and conduct we've set forward to Administration. There's a lot of work to be done, and people that actually want to learn how to play the way we play games. So lets' teach them, help them and continue to foster a great community.
    -DR

TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

Re: The TG Way and BF3

If you see problems, report them.

If you don't get an admin online, make a CAA.

"CoD style" is kinda a generalization, don't you think?
    Skud

Comment

I thought Cash on Delivery was done away with by the Post Office!

Comment

Originally posted by DamionRayne View Post
        Before tonight's class, I wanted to go over a few things that have been bugging me as of late. Those few things revolve around the current status of the BF3 community, and how much work needs to be done with it. To see tagged TG members on the server bunny hopping, using weapon exploits, and doing other non-tg things on TG servers is the main reason that BF3 at TG is having problems and being looked down on. Teamwork, Maturity, Communication, at all times. To be quite frank, if you can't abide the primer and the code of conduct we have at TG, then you need to hit the door. Every time I teach a TGU class I always stress respect, maturity, teamwork, communication, all the things that make us what we are. Oh, and let me tell you, TG is the 1% we are not here to cater to the CoD style players that lone wolf it, act like idiots, exploit, camp and generally act like 14 year old children. We are here to promote respect and maturity in all games we play. To here that some of my friends even brought this up to some members of other IHS's and was literally told by the members of that IHS they "Did not care" and would play how they wanted, also makes me want to see that entire IHS in question shown the door. But alas it's not my place to do so. Remember when you are playing BF3 or any other game wearing the TG tags, there are a few expectations of you...

Maturity
        Teamwork
        Respect your fellow TG'ers
        Communicate with your fellow TG'ers as best and clearly as you can.

Report every single person you see, not abiding by the primer and the code of ethics and conduct we've set forward to Administration. There's a lot of work to be done, and people that actually want to learn how to play the way we play games. So lets' teach them, help them and continue to foster a great community.
        -DR
        Amen brother. . . . Amen

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
          Amen brother. . . . Amen
          took the words right out of my mouth
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Just played all night on the TG server, didn't see any issues.

What server are you guys playing on?

Comment

I saw a few myself, maybe we have different opinions on what is and isn't a problem? Being serious there.

Comment

Played on and off a few times tonight. utter frustration, infuriation to lack of game mechanic's*blehhh old stuff no one seem's to care about* and lack of other's seeing issue's is getting old and tiresome. BattleCOD and me is just about done... cept for the few rounds I have fun with my friends and other TGer's I really hate getting on to play.... It' is not like how it was in 2142, and I don't just mean the game. But as I said it's just my opinion. So I just go play other games. Just sad and disappointing to see a shame of a game get so much attention... by battlefield standards that is... Whelp, time to do go to bed. Go'night all :)

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

The fact you get the "I didn't see an issue" response from a lot of people now a days, is because the very same crap that is causing a lot of us to not want to bother playing, is the "No issues" crap that other people seem to think are "Ok."

Comment

We are part of a community called tactical gamer. There is a certain expectation, in game play and attitude, that comes to mind, when we play with members of our community. Each person has their own personal expectation, and while they may agree with the majority of other members, there will always be small different's. Tactics are how you get strategies done. Strategies win the game. There are as many different ones as there are members willing to squad lead. The issue is, as members of the community, we must determine which tactics promote or hinder, the Tao of TG.

Everyone can agree that with out communication, you can not have mature, objective-based teamwork. But, what is teamwork?I define it as; a group of people, cordinating and working together, to achieve a desirable outcome. Each member has a specific role that they perform. In BF3, we see this best at the Squad level. We have seen it at the Team level during Scrims. What I think we need to do is look at the level of play we expect during a Scrim and apply that level of expectation all the time.

(Disclaimer: I do not and am not promoting this in any way, but it may give some perspective.)

Jihad Jeeps, everyone favorite drive by. This is a very real, real world tactic, if you were a terrorist. There's plenty of Utube Vids showing a terrorist driving a car with a bomb into crowds of people then detonating it. On TG we frown on this tactic being used, not because it doesn't follows #3 of the Primer, but because doing it in BF3, unbalances the game. Some of the arguments about various weapons issues, fall into this sort of category. They feel the tactics employed is unbalancing the game. Not because its a valid tactic. The RPG on infantry in the open, comes to mind. 300 engineers behind armor repairing, while under rocket/armor fire is another. (my personal pet peeve.)

Anyhow, all they are asking is, to think about how and what you use to kill people and ask yourself, could I justify doing this in the real world? If the answer is no, then don't do it. As, what you are doing is not TG.

Finally, bullets only kill one way, out the end of a gun. Getting upset because someone is consitant at twitch killing you with a sniper rifle at CQ, is pointless. He was quicker than you, doesn't mean he's exploiting the game. Case and point, in CS:S, I took a lot of time to become proficent with 9mm Dualies. My personal fav weapon of the game as a Terrorist. There were some games that I would lead the rounds, out shooting snipers from across the map. Out gunning M4's at close range, it didn't matter, I had learned the bullet spread. Pubbies would accuse me of aimbotting or cheating. Their mentality was there was no way someone could ever be that good with those Dualies. I had to prove myself with them as a PCS member. Many of my PCS peers initially felt that I could not provide ample support to the team. Over time that changed. The point is, I worked hard to develop those skills with the weapon. A Sniper would be wise to develop those twitch fire skills because, they usually get snuck up on while they are looking half way across the map.

Just my $3.50 on it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DamionRayne View Post
                      The fact you get the "I didn't see an issue" response from a lot of people now a days, is because the very same crap that is causing a lot of us to not want to bother playing, is the "No issues" crap that other people seem to think are "Ok."
                      Y'know, Project's opinion has been one I've respected for a long, long, time here at TG.

Are we supposed to feel bad that you didn't have fun/something wasn't up to your expectations? You know what they say about expectations and belly buttons...

We could do with less negativity.

Admins Admin.
                      Players Play.

Report issues as you see them.

If anyone takes issue with how the administration runs the title they're free to voice that opinion in private via CAA. That is the best way address gameplay issues.
                      Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                        Y'know, Project's opinion has been one I've respected for a long, long, time here at TG.

Are we supposed to feel bad that you didn't have fun/something wasn't up to your expectations? You know what they say about expectations and belly buttons...

We could do with less negativity.

Admins Admin.
                        Players Play.

Report issues as you see them.

If anyone takes issue with how the administration runs the title they're free to voice that opinion in private via CAA. That is the best way address gameplay issues.
                        You, assume I was speaking in the direct to Project and not in the "general" sense. If I had been, I would have said his name.

Comment

Sorry Skud, I deleted a few responses to this here, and one in CAA, and then you stood in front of my bullet : )

Please report specific issues. This thread started with some vagueness, some innuendo, etc. My only point was there were some issues on the server last night, they were handled by an admin. There are always issues on a public server, every night.

I've already been implicitly called 'un-TG', if not explicitly, based on my stance (or non-stance I guess) on weapon load-outs, or my belief that TG is not crumbling and going straight to hell as some would have us believe. I can take it.

It's not always about the socks on the floor. People's expectations for BF3 were pretty high, and I believe some/most of the anguish is rooted in that. I empathize with that, for the very reason the overarching sense of negativity in the BF3 forums bothers me - people want to be/remain a part of this great community. People care, I can't blame anyone for that. I don't think folks that don't like the title have to keep reminding the rest of us of that fact, every chance they get, in the very forums of the game they don't like and may not even play. That isn't helpful, it just breeds more negativity <queue rainbows and unicorns>.

I don't see TG folks doing the things you are speaking of.

Then again, I'm not looking so hard for it.

Comment

I agreed with the original post to a degree, but the ones after were too negative for me. Xen pointed out alot to remind TG how to play the way the Primer explains. Damion, as a friend, i would consider not voicing so angrily as it seems to become a rant. The BF3 TG community is still in its early days and needs some work, every community does, we just haven't reached the full potential of our servers yet. It will get better in time, and more dedication to the TG way always helps speed up the process. I used to play COD:BO with TG, that game utterly STUNK! but, we made it work, this is certainly easier to get working than that game was.

We as a community just need to check each other, critique each other, as iron sharpens iron.
                            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

If there is any issue at all with the TG community "attitude" currently, which I personally feel there is not, then it would lie solely with the many public negative rants and threads on the forums. Is someone breaking a rule in game or acting unprofessionally? Report it to an admin. Is the round over or is it something that has been going on for a while? Create a CAA thread about it and/or shoot the individual a PM. These should be the first and only actions taken unless a major shift in game mechanics (ex: a new patch) changes the gameplay around enough that there is a need to re-discuss issues; otherwise we are doing nothing more than beating a dead horse.

As an old philosopher (or a sober Skud) once said: "We could do with less negativity."
                              [/endrant]

Former TG-21st
                              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse