Respawn timer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respawn timer

Is anyone else getting bothered at how fast everything respawns, The 6 seconds for player respawn is way too short.

You kill someone on a point and they are back on it 5 seconds later, Take down the chopper or an enemy jet and its back in the air 15 seconds later, The majority of the time in either vehicle is you fighting other jets and helis same with tanks and the APCs.

I just think it should be about double the current respawn time, I know dying would be a bit annoying if it keeps happening, But I find its a lot more annoying when the guy you just killed is around the next corner, and I think It would make people not be as risky and use more tactics so they stay alive.

Re: Respawn timer

Just FWIW,
    Currently the man-down time is 12 seconds, we cannot increase it, only lower it.
    The respawn timer is by default 15 seconds after the death, or 3 seconds after man-down time. On TG servers it's 130%, or 20 seconds after death/8 seconds after man-down ends.

Comment

Considering how much a lot of the players (and public players) decried even a 5 second spawntime increase in BC2 I don't see any kind of respawn limit going over well. Sadly.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
      <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
      DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

This is a very different game than BC2.

We'll discuss this among the admin team, Brainhurts.

EDIT: Ever get ninja'd by Fallen by about 23 hours and just notice it?
        Last edited by Skud; 03-12-2012, 07:47 PM.
        Skud

Comment

not to keep the discussion going after the all powerfull skudly master has spoken ;) BUT...
          couldn't increasing the spawn timer on infantry increase the importance of revives therefore making each person more valuable?
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I'm going to be that guy, who cares what worked or didn't work in another game? If longer timers make this game not seem as broken, those whining about the the length of the timer can take walk for all I care. How many threads does it have to take to realize, with the infinate armor, it is making the game less tactically oriantated and more about just about keeping the armor/heli at bay. Armor is part of BF3, it needs to be there, but it doesn't need to be the main focus of the game. The game play and tactics we currently are choosing to employ, in regards to armor, makes it the focus. It's an infantry support vehicle. We need to rethink the idea of running the armor as fast as possible to the closest flag at game start. Armor should not be the scouts of the game. They should be the final punch needed to take something.

Also, in the sense of real world, a tank would never be repaired while actively engaging enemies that can return fire. This is causing the tank to become mobile indestructable cover, specially with 3+ engies behind repairing it as it is moving up. Yes, keeping the armor up is a desirable outcome, sure. But, is using the tactic as stated, realistic or the TG way? Again, just because the game allows you to do it, is irrelevant.

I'm all for having a minute to a minute and a half between spawns. But I see us falling into using the second tactic all the more. Full engy squads only dedicated to keeping their armor alive. It becomes the tank battle from Tron after that... The arcade game, not the movie.
            sigpic

Comment

The only way I can see people not repairing the tank while under fire is if it could get away, but It cannot, Getting disabled is as easy as one shell/rpg and that cripples the tank forcing a repair so you can just move.
              I cannot think of anything that seems fair, you don't repair and 90% of the time, both tanks will end up destroyed.

But the with next patch repair tools have a shorter working time, and that MIGHT stop the 10 minute tank battles.

Comment

Brain, while I agree that some times it seem that way (whenever I get in the drivers seat). The truth is, only dead on shots disable. I don't know how many rockets I fire into the side of tanks just to watch them drive off as if I never damaged them. So, depending on how you use cover and manuever, you could withdraw to repair.
                sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X