Armor against 75% health

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armor against 75% health

IMO, 75% health is great when it's infantry vs infantry. However, on our conquest large server, I think that it is making armor way too powerful, esp. considering the less than stellar map design, absurd number of vehicles, and the very short armor respawn timer.

What do you guys think?

Re: Armor against 75% health

.........Agreed.

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Comment

Disagree. 120mm tank shell should blow your ass up in one shot.
      -oG.WarrioR-

|?|

Comment

Agree
        BlackSheepTx

Comment

Originally posted by OriginalWarrior View Post
          Disagree. 120mm tank shell should blow your ass up in one shot.
          A tank shell doesn't kill at 100% health?

Comment

The kill radius is a lot smaller. Some would exaggerate that you have to actually have to spear the soldier with the round.
            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Isn't that what the canister round is for? The lower health does make the range on the canister a lot longer since you don't have to hit soldiers with as many pellets.
              |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Agreed. It's pretty lame especially when the server isn't full...

Comment

When a game is in hardcore mode, is the health of vehicles changed?

Comment

I suggest we encourage more people to play on TG's infantry only server. It's hardly populated, but is one of my favorites and I hate to see it so empty! Please get more people to play on it!

Comment

The vehicles were hell tonight. My squad and I could barely spawn in before there was a tank or heli blowing the hell out of us.

I don't know if the pilots/drivers are getting more skilled or it's just that the good pilots/drivers are being given the tanks/helicopters but after tonight I think someone owes me dinner and I want the lobster!

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

The problem when I was on was that we had about 10v10 or 12v12 and maps like wake island, or caspian border, which led to obsessive vehicular prostitution. The game is just not balanced for vehicles...

Comment

Originally posted by Henry_Killinger View Post
                          When a game is in hardcore mode, is the health of vehicles changed?
                          No

There is no variable for vehicle health anyways I don't think, but rather one for "weapon damage". That would be the one to increase to affect the damage vehicles take. However, it cannot be increased beyond the default value only decreased.
                          |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by xNujabes View Post
                            I suggest we encourage more people to play on TG's infantry only server. It's hardly populated, but is one of my favorites and I hate to see it so empty! Please get more people to play on it!
                            I love IO but no one populates it:(

I understand the 75% hp and how we got to that number. It seemed to feel closest to the beta HP and was a good fit with how weapons damaged infantry, but what if it just doesn't work with vehicles?.....what if the game was made for 100% hp on infantry because of the vehicles?

infantry vs infantry lower HP is fine. Throw armor into the mix and I'm not so sure it's a working model anymore.
                            I'll take it one step further and say that with vehicles I wish infantry could have regen health. They feel that overpowered to me. *shudder*

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Ven; 03-12-2012, 08:36 AM.
                            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I feel like 75% health is a bit low, period, mainly because I find the flak perk completely useless at 75%. It could be something I'm doing differently or some other setting, but it seems to me that extra 5% difference is just enough to make sure you don't survive even peripheral explosions from 320s and the like. Maybe it's related to what you're experiencing, Bleeding.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X