Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Engineer Missiles at Infantry is not a valid real world tactic!" It's not?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] "Engineer Missiles at Infantry is not a valid real world tactic!" It's not?

Looks like a missile fired at infantry to me...just saying. Note: Real combat is chaos, cussing, and people dying. Your "Realism" in BF3 is a Fantasy. Just saying. :)

More cussing, more chaos, and more missiles fired at infantry/foot soldiers who are shooting at Canadian forces. The rocket is at the end of the video. :)

So, what does this mean for BF3? If you're playing Engineer on an infantry map, and you have your whole group locked down because the other team has a defense-able position locked up tight? Toss a missile right down their throats, get suppression bonuses, get kills, do damage, cause some chaos. Now spamming missiles like crazy and a full team of engi's doing that? Different story. This whole thing is based on "Least force used to cause the most damage to the enemy" if you want to discuss real world tactics. Now look me up on battle log and you'll note I don't have a lot of time played yet, RL gets in the way and you'll note I don't really play Engineer. So why am I defending people doing this?

I'm only defending the plain and simple fact that firing missiles at ground forces, to suppress those forces and cause the most damage to those forces with the least amount of effort, is a valid, used, real world tactic. I am not defending people spamming missiles all day and full teams of engineers. I am also getting a bit tired of the whole "This isn't a real world tactic" line coming from people who haven't served like myself and others here at TG have.

Real world combat is cussing, screaming, insults, chaos and death. So the desired "Realism" people are asking for just doesn't exist. In the plain nuts and bolts of this, play like TG'ers. If you want realism in BF3, play like adults. Communicate at all times with your squad mates, don't act like jerks, don't exploit, don't run and gun all by yourself, play like a team. Play the objective, play a role. Be part of the team.

That's it, just trying to make a few points and showing my opinion on a few things. Let's keep things civil shall we?
    -DR

TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

Re: "Engineer Missiles at Infantry is not a valid real world tactic!" It's not?

I don't think any of us are asking for refraining from using explosives on infantry. I think what upsets most of us is an excessive use of explosives or the use of explosives when a rifle would do. Namely, protecting a corridor with a GL or RPG, or killing a single infantry with an explosive when you would normally kill them with a gun had you not have an explosive.

Comment

Please note the ratio of bullets fired to missles, also note the hours spent traveling before hostiles were encountered.
      missles at entrenched posisions is OK. Missle at a single guy running across an open space? waste of a missile and your superior officer chews you a new one.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Actually a lot of people are asking for refraining from using explosives at inf... Pretty much the same people that screams realism...................................
        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

The thing that irritates me the most, is the people screaming for "real tactics" and "realism" have never served in the armed forces, like myself and other admins and older guys here have.

TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

Comment

not sure if serious or.....

The complaint is using it on a lone infantry out in the open. using it on a bunched up squad behind cover or lone infantry behind cover always has been accepted, not sure where your post was going with this????

I also am confused as to how your military experience has anything to do with whats real world tactics? Because I never served means I am to stupid to know what would and would not be done in real world tactics?.......I know they don't use an rpg on a lone guy 80M away out in the open, I also know they don't run into close quarter firefights carrying a bolt action sniper rifle with a red dot sight.......I appreciate your service but it really has nothing to do with the arguments that have been made.

No one is screaming for "Realism" by the way. We just want weapons used in a way that lines up more with the TG way of play.
            Last edited by Ven; 03-20-2012, 05:12 PM.
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
              Actually a lot of people are asking for refraining from using explosives at inf... Pretty much the same people that screams realism...................................

Hmmm, I don't recall in any of the threads anyone asking for no explosives?......All I remember is people asking for some discretion in there use
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by DamionRayne View Post
                The thing that irritates me the most, is the people screaming for "real tactics" and "realism" have never served in the armed forces, like myself and other admins and older guys here have.
                Dsn't matter if you have been in the armed forces or not. That is besides the point.

Comment

Let's focus on what is and what isn't appropriate use of the weapons for TGs BF3 servers.

There's nothing wrong with using RPG or M320 or similar on infantry as such, and we're not going to draw a line and say that the enemy must be behind this much or this type of cover for the use to be OK. But again, that doesn't mean anything goes.

When people start to use these weapons as a primary weapon in close quarters, it's a problem. We're going to play the game the way it's meant to be played, while adhering to TGs principles and culture. Running with an RPG/40mm GL/bolt action sniper rifle and seeking out close quarters combat is not OK on our servers, it's not the kind of environment that we're here to foster, and is in no way a realistic tactic or strategy.

For example, there's a huge difference between firing M320s at a house or from a house, vs using it to fight inside the house.

Comment

Well said

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                      The complaint is using it on a lone infantry out in the open. using it on a bunched up squad behind cover or lone infantry behind cover always has been accepted
                      I don't get that.
                      How is using an RPG against an infantryman behind cover OK but using it against him in the open is not?
                      Why is it OK to shoot an RPG at two guys but not OK to shoot an RPG at one guy?
                      What 'real world tactic' are you talking about?

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                      I know they don't use an rpg on a lone guy 80M away out in the open
                      . Because it is not as effective. There is nothing wrong with guarding a hallway with a 320 or an RPG if that is the most effective way of guarding that hallway. I would argue that an assault rifle would get better results, but that's a different discussion.

No one is promoting BC2 style CG tactics. But if an enemy takes me down while I am out in the open, it is because I was out in the open, not because he was using cheap tactics.

Comment

guarding a hallway with an rpg may be effective but now here you stand with your rpg at the ready waiting to fire it at anything that moves = use as a primary weapon correct?....I mean you have that out as a means to guard the hallway instead of your rifle. To me that's using as a primary. You'll have to talk with Fallen on that portion of your question. Perhaps I misinterpreted it.

As far as using it on guys out in the open, can the US military do it....yep. Would they do it?. If it's so great to use rockets and the military does it all the time on infantry in the open then why do we still have assault rifles? Why aren't they all toting rocket launchers and nothing else?......I'm not trying to be a smart ass at all but do you see where I'm going with this? There's a correct tool for every job. long hallway ....seems like a great place to set up 2 LMG's on bi pods to me.

This is how I interpret the primer and how I play the game. Use whatever you want however you want if you think our BF3 servers are up to the standards of TG I guess..... I'm done trying to change things here.

Comment

Oh God. Not another thread. Please... no.... *gasps for air*

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
                            Oh God. Not another thread. Please... no.... *gasps for air*
                            Agreed.

February called. They want their discussion topic back.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancer’s maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

3rd'd

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X