BF3 Patch release date.......maybe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] BF3 Patch release date.......maybe

So in case no one has noticed the noise being made over the release date of the upcoming patch, here is one of the latest articles frombattlefieldo.
    If one can believe what is being said, the patch is going to drop on us Tuesday March 27.
    Twitter is all a flutter due to Zh1nt0's usual tact with releasing info. @Battlefield has been making mentions of it today as well.

Here's hoping the hype train slows and we can get some real info (full patch notes and release date) from a credible source.

If you find anything else post it up here...
    we are all anxiously waiting......
    sigpic

Re: BF3 Patch release date.......maybe

Here's the official changelog from DICE: http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/03...ill-come-soon/

The March 27 date is for PS3 only. I'm assuming that has something to do with EA's timed exclusivity agreement with the PS3 rather than something legitimate to do with the patch process. If that's the case, you can expect the PC and 360 patch a week later, April 3.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Well at least we have a date now. :row__523: Good find!

Comment

Thanks for updating this thread Evo.

I have read through the official patch notes, pretty much the same as what was released earlier with a few additions.

I am curious how some of our members who take part in competitive leagues view these changes? Will they change the balance in your match play??

(Disclaimer - general statement about to be issued)
        Of the 238 (rough count) noted tweaks the majority are for weapon balance, most so minor I don't think it will make much of a difference to regular game play. Of course I will have to wait and see like everyone else how the guns "feel" different. There are about 20 that stand out to me as being useful/necessary. I appreciate the effort they have put towards balancing the game, but........../shrugs/

Two items that just jumped out at me are the commo-rose and mini-map changes:
        Commo-Rose

I'm glad they've added the bail out, but still doesn't seem to be that useful to me. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mini-map

I like this new view, but does anyone else think the satellite image looks more detailed than the detailed image? :row__596:

And now we are back to waiting till they release the actual dates for the PC patch. As zh1nt0 says -
        Weve been hard at work collecting and working on your feedback and suggestions, and are now happy to report that the next patch for Battlefield 3 will be released for PlayStation 3 on the 27th of March. More information on Xbox 360 and PC will come soon.
        Source
        sigpic

Comment

You're forgetting the most important part of the patch! JEEP HORNS!!!

BEEEEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEP! :row__577:

Comment

LOL okay :D thanks for FTFM!
            sigpic

Comment

links no good???
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by hil3illy View Post
                I'm glad they've added the bail out, but still doesn't seem to be that useful to me. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
                That screenshot is specifically when you are in a vehicle. From the Battlefield Blog:

"Please be aware that the commo-rose will change depending on your current position – vehicles and infantry each have separate call outs."

So I'm hoping the infantry commo-rose has had some things added as well (Need Ammo, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                  links no good???
                  Just checked them Ven, seem to work for me still

Thanks for correcting me DigitalAssasin, I should have noted that as well. So maybe it will be usefull ?!?!?
                  sigpic

Comment

My cammo-rose doesnt work sometimes. Like when I TK someone and try to have my avatar soldier say "Sorry about that bud!" I bring up the rose and can not select the appropriate function. Is my computer trying to say it really wasnt my fault?

Comment

Im hoping they changed the voices for the commo rose, Right now its way to long winded.

I NEED A ******* MEDIC ***** NOW *****

Instead of the good ole Medic!, Or ammo! I need ammo!

Comment

omgawd battlelog is updating!

Comment

LOL, and then nothing Kwalc. It even made me crash afterwards.

I guess we will be seeing some reviews of the patch as the day goes on. Will be interesting to see how PS3 players find it affects the game.
                          sigpic

Comment

According to twitter:
                            @zh1nt0 PC patch has a date which is tomorrow. Coming in hot we will go into maintenance mode from 9-11:30 CET. More details coming on the blog

the tweet was retweet by official battlefield twitter account

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X