Vehicle respawn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle respawn

I know we played with the respawn times. Have we increased them at all? If not, what is the plan?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: Vehicle respawn

One of the interesting things with BF3 is that the spawn time varies widely between maps, and between UCB and held flags for each map. We've done some fairly research to map that out and review what the effects of change would be...

Short way of saying: It took some time :)

We're going to roll out a vehicle spawn time change in the near future, it should be in place for when the patch drops.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
      One of the interesting things with BF3 is that the spawn time varies widely between maps, and between UCB and held flags for each map. We've done some fairly research to map that out and review what the effects of change would be...

Short way of saying: It took some time :)

We're going to roll out a vehicle spawn time change in the near future, it should be in place for when the patch drops.
      Sounds awesome.

Comment

Increased vehicle spawn times should be in effect now. Most maps have a significant increase, a few marginal, and one a decrease. Please try them out and give us feedback on how they played.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Sweet. Thanks!

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

How are the new spawn times? I might actually get time to play later this week.

"Oratio Ultima Regem -- The Last Argument of Kings"

Comment

Oman still has instantaneous armor respawn

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Still awaiting feedback on this. Specifics are useful.
                |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

still feels like the respawn rate causes some serious consideration as to whether attempting to take armor/air vehicles down or just avoid them. Most often its just simple better to flag hop instead of facing the tank/chopper that respawns in 10 seconds.

This game has some serious flag hop issues. Doesn't seem like anyone defends really.

Comment

Maybe if the tank wasn't such a laughable pushover, making the respawn time longer would make sense.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Originally posted by LordKelvin View Post
                      Maybe if the tank wasn't such a laughable pushover, making the respawn time longer would make sense.
                      As opposed to before when it was an undestroyable fortress? The tank still takes teamwork to destroy. The difference is that now it just can't barrel to the objective and dominate it.

Comment

Originally posted by LordKelvin View Post
                        Originally posted by Ven View Post
                        As opposed to before when it was an undestroyable fortress? The tank still takes teamwork to destroy. The difference is that now it just can't barrel to the objective and dominate it.
                        I don't think Kelvin started playing until after the last patch. He missed out on the super engy repair torch.

Comment

Basically what draeh said.

I don't want it to be an unstoppable death fortress, but at the same time I am getting really tired of dying to a single jet or heli strafe. There is no way to 'avoid' that. How many people can legitimately say they support their armor when they push? Probably noone. Maybe in a scrim. Maybe.

I don't see why its so hard to find a good balance. 4 Shots to the front, 3 to the side, 2 to the back with the standard RPG should be required for a total vehicle kill. And 2 to the top as well. It also needs to be made more resilient against the jet machine gun. Yeah, it can rip through the enemy jet, but a tank? Come on. Helicopters are fine, as gunships are in fact meant to kill tanks, but then I want to see people shooting it out of the sky when it comes to attack me, because the co-ax sure isn't gonna cut it.

I should also point out that what it was before is sort of irrelevant, because as it stands now the MBT is basically a deathtrap, and thats a problem. The only thing it is really good at engaging consistently is infantry in the open and other tanks, both of which are targets that are going to die to something else very quickly anyway. The armor should be relevant enough that I can drive it near the objective instead of shelling it from the UCB because the moment I leave the enemy jet rips me a new tailpipe.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

After playing a bit, The tanks armor and damage it takes isn't that bad, it still sucks but its not that bad once you work around it, The worst part is the disables on vehicles.

It is silly one infantry can disable the tank, It should take atleast 2 hits for a disable from the back from infantry, If you can sneak up with a tank you deserve it.

For disables it should be 50% and less is disabled, repairing past 75% is normal speed and movement bleed effect is still enabled, Bleed is gone when repaired to 100%.

Another thing that has bugged me for a long time is that everyother perk in the tank is now useless, You HAVE to use reactive armor and smoke or you are dead, There is no ifs ands or buts, You will die within seconds without them, Before the patch I could go around without reactive armor, and the patch before that, I didn't have to use smoke now, Thats all you can use if you want to be usefull on the battlefield.

Im liking the longer respawn times, Even though Im still waiting around for them to respawn, because I don't like infantry all that much.

Comment

Last night I played on 21CW battle server for almost 4 hours(one of the tournament battles). To tell this discussion the truth I LOVED vanilla spawn times on tanks and such. Another one would come every 30 seconds but cordinated strikes with rpg's made mince meat out of them, i killed more tanks in that night than all my battlefield playing hours. The best part was that I also got toonnnssss of infantry action, it was amazing to say the least, the airforce, armor, and infantry all cordinated and kicked a$$. Mines need to be used more as well, i was on firestorm at A and I look at E and all i see surrounding the whole area are mines.
                              Maybe if the airforce and armor and infantry start doing coms, tanks wouldnt be such an overwhelming threat.
                              I don't know but thats my 2cents.
                              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...