Next BF3 Patch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next BF3 Patch

This is all I could find for the update so far, its all for the PS3 so I have no idea if it will be the same for PC as of yet.
    If you know of anything, confirmed or uncomfirmed please list it.
    Sources are Reddt, and various other sites, Along with one friend who plays on PS3.

Moved AA on Kharg (US on Carrier, Russian at Air strip)
    Faster vehicle spawn
    Shorter game start countdown
    Much better responsiveness (Even better with AA turned off)
    You can fly through all poles from testing with jets and little bird so far. (EDIT - Only the top breaks, halfway down its still solid, which works out ok)
    Can spawn into AA guns (People actually use them now)
    **Improved sound EDIT: Can hear footsteps, reloading as well as voiceovers ( ahh **** theres a grenade etc), much more clearly, I could hear footsteps and reloading from next room.
    Match Making option in multi player, seems to be for esport/organised scrims on custom servers.
    Many Many small UI tweaks, minimap has more focus on team function icons (heal, repair, flags)
    Icons for vehicles on spawn screen
    Easier to see what spawn point is selected on map when selecting spawn
    No blind colour mode, but all the icons seem to be much easier to see (seem to be tweaked towards blind mode type icons)
    Jets guided missiles are actually useful and can take out a tank and nearby infantry (runners from tank) in 2-3 hits tops)
    *Stinger takes about 2-3 seconds to lock onto and fire, missiles seem to move slightly faster, 1 hit disable and if more then 1 engineer in area heli is generally ****ed, I forsee a lot of heli's flying with ECM or Maintenance in future, range is greatly reduced but enough to keep helis off a flag and nearby area. EDIT: Lock on is UBER Fast, like seriously must be less then 2 seconds, there is however a minimum range which you can't lock on at all, might be about 15 -20 metres.
    Can quit between rounds
    Havoc is noticeably easier to fly but I still don't think its on par with Cobra, should be able to stand its own though.
    Other squad leader objectives are marked on flags, I could see this as SL, it shows a star next to objective X1 or X2 if 2 SL have marked it, this is awesome!
    Laser marker or maybe guided missile range seems to have been increased, could hit empty APC at C from Aircraft carrier on Canals using little bird.
    Additional Dogtags have been added (A-91 and M26 dog tags. As well as a tag for the game 'Syndicate')
    Blue tint is reduced/gone depending on which map.
    Footsteps are much louder.
    Scout heli on Sharqi rush for attackers, Scout copters on more maps??
    The smoke animations for missiles looks improved.
    The M320 no longer fires as you draw it. You must have it in full control before it allows you to fire it.
    Code added to enable changing your loadout from Battlelog.
    Matches will have live scoreboards in Battlelog.
    The 'out of bounds' area is now shaded orange, to make it more apparent, for the idiots.
    They've added a Russian soldier customization.
    They added a more audible sound for when you're getting shot in vehicles, and when your vehicle is disabled.
    Laser guided missiles (Jets) are a one-hit disable on tanks, without having to have the tank be painted.
    Jet Canons have been toned down a lot, the difference is really noticeable. Gives the disabled pilot more time to bail out which = less kills.
    The green squad color has been changed just a bit. It's a little more towards the shade of the squad color PC has for colour blind mode.
    The revive icons on the map for medics has been made 3 times bigger. Not exaggerating. It's ****ing huge. Also, the medpacks and ammo packs on the map are tiny.
    Objective icons are more apparent on the mini-map, and larger. On the downside, if you're using air vehicles, it'll be difficult to see other vehicles on the map.
    The guns have quite a noticeable recoil change as well.
    Dodging missiles in Jets is still very possible. So far, I haven't noticed much difference than pre-patch.
    Flares no longer need XP for unlock?
    Teammate AI remains untweaked, and still does not pass ammo or revive. "I'm kidding!"

Some thing called Matches, Possible battlerecorder, So far no one can access it, The error list makes it sound like a recorder/spectator/tournament option.

http://i.imgur.com/6AQcm.png http://i.imgur.com/8GO4X.png http://i.imgur.com/Alhey.png http://i.imgur.com/zgTop.png

http://i.imgur.com/GZ7CE.jpg

Ribbon changes

Suppression dropped from 7 to 4 - Confirmed
    MCOM attacker dropped from 3 to 2 - Confirmed
    Possibly more unconfirmed.

Jeep horn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ie_40JjeMQ

Console only,

Uninstalls B2K and forces you to re download (PS3 thing I think)
    Custom Servers (AU Pricing, 34.99 for 30 days, 9X.XX for 90 days, also has 1 day option and some others)
    Squad list is condensed to Three 4 man squads. As of post-patch, you have three squads to choose from ingame. If you want your very own squad, you can create one, invite friends to your squad and make it private so no one else can join in, Sounds like three in game but there is a possibilty of more?

Edit: These are all unadvertised changes, Theres a huge official changelog http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/03...ill-come-soon/

Im looking forward to anything extra for the PC version.

So far everything sounds awesome.

I'll be adding more whenever I find something new.

http://i.imgur.com/JeHzL.jpg
    Last edited by Brainhurts; 03-27-2012, 12:32 PM.

Re: Next BF3 Patch

Nice find Brainhurts! Thanks for taking the time to put this together. :)

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
    Code added to enable changing your loadout from Battlelog.
    Interesting will make Battlelog useful before entering a game now.

Matches will have live scoreboards in Battlelog.

Some thing called Matches, Possible battlerecorder, So far no one can access it, The error list makes it sound like a recorder/spectator/tournament option.
    This would be awesome if it acutally works! Scrims with people actual able to watch!!! :D

If you want your very own squad, you can create one, invite friends to your squad and make it private so no one else can join in, Sounds like three in game but there is a possibilty of more?
    Really? this would be awesome! Here come "Learn TG" squads if true.

Im looking forward to anything extra for the PC version.

So far everything sounds awesome.
    The wait.......it is killing me.....please DICE/EA make it end soon!!!
    sigpic

Comment

Gonna beep the crap out the jeep. Also not to mention all the weapons fixes and for my favorites too (SKS, M60).
      sigpic

Comment

faster vehicle spawn??? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by DeF View Post
          Gonna beep the crap out the jeep.
          Prepare to get TK'd.

People driving around on the horn 90%+ of the time in BF2142 really drove me crazy. (pun intended)

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
            faster vehicle spawn??? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I think its console only, This is just the PS3 stuff, so its not 100% certain it will be exactly the same.

Comment

Ven don't worry about vehicle respawn, we have control over those settings unlike the console's. :D

edit: dang interweb, Brain beat me too it.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm gonna go mad honking crazy on that horn for the first week. I expect some TK's after the first three days or so.

Comment

Looks like you guys can get all horny tomorrow. PC patch releases tomorrow.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalAssassin View Post
                    Looks like you guys can get all horny tomorrow. PC patch releases tomorrow.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
                    Just for the record...I'm horny every day, ask my wife :row__523:
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by ven View Post
                      just for the record...i'm horny every day, ask my wife :row__523:
                      tmi

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                        Just for the record...I'm horny every day, ask my wife :row__523:
                        At last! I've found my long lost twin brother! :row__523:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X