Idea for the server,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for the server,

It seems to be either infantry only or the normal game mode, meaning a lot of maps are left out from play on either server and people are feeling left out and unwilling to join, I know of a few people who have stopped playing on the TG servers because its been infantry only the majority of the time and when there are vehicles its rarely above 25 people meaning with the current settings vehicles do not spawn.

Would it be possible to switch between modes, I think it would keep people on the server longer and have more join up.

People quit when its infantry only, people quit when its vehicles killing everyone, why not have 2 rounds of infantry and then 2 rounds with vehicles, Have the full map rotation aswell, That way everyone gets what they want at some point, No one is left out, no one has to play strictly one mode or another if its all on the same server.

Its not fun going aganist the same chopper pilot 5 rounds in a row and its not fun going aganist the same squad who goes 30-4 5 rounds in a row.

Yesturday the servers where divided, meaning fewer people on both servers, which isn't that great and seems to be a waste of money paying for two 64 player servers when you barely have 20 on each.
    Last edited by Brainhurts; 03-31-2012, 02:04 PM.

Re: Idea for the server,

I think this is a great idea. Mixed mode would be welcome.

Comment

Until last weeks patch, the same map couldn't be in the rotation twice (vehicles on and vehicles off), we'll look at it.

Comment

Why not set up a proper infantry only server? A lot of the maps in the regular rotation are not fun to play as infantry.

Comment

Everything could be in consideration if we feel the community is interested. Your statement that alot of the maps in the regular rotation are not fun to play leaves me questioning which maps? Everybody has a different opinion. Your going to have to give us your list of what is fun to play in your opinion, and we can then try to get a consensus on what maps are fun and what maps are not.

Some folks prefer the larger maps for infantry because they tend to be played with less explosives and more focus on movement from flag to flag, some prefer smaller maps because they like more explosives, and a greater focus on attacking / defending flags.

I believe everybody is going to have a different opinion on what a "proper" infantry server is. We'll setup the map rotation based on community preference assuming we have good reason to do so, or someone makes a solid argument for a suggested rotation.
          |TG-6th|FYAH29
          "So Far, So Good................So What"

Comment

You already know what my choices are FYAH, but here is the list so everyone else can see what, in my opinion, are great infantry only maps.

For conquest: Grand Bazaar, Operation Metro, Seine Crossing, Sharqi Peninsula (large), Small Conquest on Gulf of Oman, and Strike at Karkand (large or small depending on player count?). For IO rush I recommend the same maps plus Damavand Peak and Wake Island.

The only way to limit 320/RPG spam is to either disallow them on this server completely, or to rely on player reports. If you ban explosives from the server, you would also have to get rid of Humvees/Vodniks (but jeeps are OK).

I also think it would be great to have a mix of CQ and rush on the infantry only server.

edit: Several others have agreed with my map choices as well. I am not alone in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by xNujabes View Post
              For conquest: Grand Bazaar, Operation Metro, Seine Crossing, Sharqi Peninsula (large), Small Conquest on Gulf of Oman, and Strike at Karkand (large or small depending on player count?). For IO rush I recommend the same maps plus Damavand Peak and Wake Island.
              Great map selection. 2nded

The only way to limit 320/RPG spam is to either disallow them on this server completely, or to rely on player reports.
              I think you have to outright ban them. IMO, there is too much grey area on appropriate use of 320/RPG.

Comment

Originally posted by xNujabes
                I also think it would be great to have a mix of CQ and rush on the infantry only server.
                I totally agree. We only use our rush server on mondays. I hate to see it go to waste. I would love to see a 32 player CQ/Rush mixed mode on that server. If it fails and no one else likes it, then oh well, we didn't lose anything or tie up a server by trying. With this though, IMO, i'd like to have it inf only because of 32 players. Just IMO though. I do like the map selection nuj posted too. Just food for thought.

Comment

You already know what my choices are FYAH, but here is the list so everyone else can see what, in my opinion, are great infantry only maps.

The only way to limit 320/RPG spam is to either disallow them on this server completely, or to rely on player reports. If you ban explosives from the server, you would also have to get rid of Humvees/Vodniks (but jeeps are OK).
                  Just curious why you think other maps are not great infantry only maps?

For me, part of the battlefield experience is the size of the maps and the ability to attack the enemy/flag from various positions and not just head-to-head combat. While I agree the maps you stated should be added to server (except maybe for Metro which usually turns into a I can't leave the spawn zone disaster), I think the other maps (Kharg, Firestorm, Caspian, Canals) provide a nice change of pace. Maybe that is just me.

Comment

I do not agree with that map rotation, its all the small super close maps, I love large conquest. (caspian, firestorm, sharqi, gulf, karkand). Both kinds of maps require the same amount of teamwork IMO with how you decide to play them. A compromise?
                    For small player count: grand bazzar, operation metro, seine crossing, small strike, and small gulf
                    large player count: caspian, sharqi, seine crossing, firestorm, metro, karkand, gulf
                    I also agree with the mixed mode including rush, i love all the modes of bf3 so far because I've been playing with this community :)

I also do not agree with the banning, Lets not start the whole arguement over again about those weapons, if you see someone innapropriately using them based on the primer, warning and than talk to admin. I use the 320 in alot of cases where I cant use my primary to get them(IE on the inside of a house wall, just blow it away!
                    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

The only maps in that rotation that I would consider small are Op metro and Grand Bazaar. Do you really want to play large conquest on Gulf of Oman with no vehicles? That map isn't even considered balanced with vehicles, I'm not sure how it can be fun with 16v16 infantry only across 7 flags. Caspian is a great infantry map, however the deployment makes it tedious for infantry only and I would much rather play with vehicles on that map. Firestorm and Kharg are in the same boat for me. They are vehicle maps, plain and simple. Playing infantry only on either map is a real pain if there are no jeeps left in the deployment. I've seen the infantry only server die, simply because playing infantry only on maps that were designed for 2-3 tanks, 2 jets, 2 choppers, an anti air, doesn't work, especially with a small 32 player count. If we bump up to 64 players, that's another story, however it seems we have a hard enough time getting 8 players to join.

TL DR Maps like Caspian, Large Gulf of Oman, Firestorm, Kharg were balanced around a full teams worth of vehicles and should be treated as such. I do not believe they have any place in a 32 player infantry only server.

Comment

TL DR Maps like Caspian, Large Gulf of Oman, Firestorm, Kharg were ABSURDLY UNBALANCED around a full teams worth of vehicles and should be treated as such.
                        Fixed that for you.

Comment

Well yeah, but people still enjoy playing on them haha. Thanks for the lols BK.

Comment

The infantry server is set for 44 players max, right?
                            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I can't stand the idea of playing Metro also on TG servers... I think Infantry only is fun on large maps as Caspian and firestorm, as long as you play with 64 players. Playing with 32 players they are too big, but maps such as Metro and Bazar are already too small for 32 players imo, what makes them unattractive to me - apart from their lack of favoring tactical depth. I think Bazar and metro play "okay" with 8vs8, not more. But that's only me.

I agree on the rush/conquest mix.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X