smokescreens after patch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smokescreens after patch

Is it just me, or has the duration of the smokscreen been shortened by the patch? It didn't last long pre-patch, but now it's only 3 to 4 seconds. That is utterly useless. Do you consider thsi change any valuable?

Re: smokescreens after patch

Which type or all of them? 320, mortar, vehicle?
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Well, I was referring to M320. Don't know about the others.

Comment

I was using the 320 to screen squad movements the other day and I had to keep firing to keep the screen up. As soon as I was ready to fire my next shot the screen was starting to dissipate, I had to fire right away just to keep it going. The timing for the previous smoke was perfect, not too long and not too short.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

So it isn't just me indeed. This is crackbrained... why would you nerf the M320 smoke to death, when it was first not overpowered before and second barely used anyways... a mystery to me - bad decision anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterjack View Post
            I was using the 320 to screen squad movements the other day and I had to keep firing to keep the screen up. As soon as I was ready to fire my next shot the screen was starting to dissipate, I had to fire right away just to keep it going. The timing for the previous smoke was perfect, not too long and not too short.
            Yup, what he said.

Comment

Trying to smoke up the bridge *C* on crossing.... Completely useless. Pop one off just out in front of me to cover my position, then reload and shoot one at C to cover squadies moving up... only to find out my cover was already gone and I am getting shot at just as i shoot the 2nd round..... Lame...

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

Yes exactly. Thus the stupidity in this change is tremendous.

Edit: All right, I just made an getsatisfaction poll. Please check out and support: https://getsatisfaction.com/battlefi...1_04_is_broken
                Last edited by Evilhardt; 04-02-2012, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Sorry for double post, but I seriously wonder why almost on one cares... This is an issue that affects a highly team-orienated feature of the game. Thus I expected by far more TG-members to be concerned about this issue. Why is that not so? Seriously, one of the few teamplay-oriantated elements got killed by the patch, and only 4 guys and me care? I ask you once again to please check the link below and support the poll, as I assume you actually do care.

https://getsatisfaction.com/battlefi...1_04_is_broken

Comment

Not commenting doesn't mean that they don't care. I can't think of anything productive to add so I didn't. Do you think those polls are worthwhile?
                    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Yes I do, if enough people bring themselves to vote and have the overall attitude that acting isn't futile.

Comment

Sometimes when firing M320 smoke out of the underbarrel, it doesn't even deploy. Lol this new patch...

Comment

Seriously? Didn't notoce that yet. Maybe there is a minimum arming range now?

Comment

Yeah it seems like there are some bugs with underbarrel shotguns as well. The m26 slug underbarrel was only doing around 29 damage for me, when it should 1 shot kill at close range. When used separately it works fine.

Comment

The reduced smoke is defiantly giving me problems when playing right now. I would always use smoke as my default and occasionally the 320 shotty/mass.

I like to play Rush mode as much as CQ and smoke can swing a game if you know how to use it. When there's a useless team I've managed to solo on pub servers every single mcom with smoke, just like BC2.

I wasn't even aware that there was a call for smoke time to be reduced... such is life...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X