Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post patch suppression/bullet deviation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPP5OHk5s6w
    PC players are used to a more precise aiming with the mouse and keyboard combo. This makes the post patch PC experience more on par with console thumb stick deviation? Possibly there will be a accuracy unlock offered? I see some people are saying they like the new patch and I wonder what platform they are using. Hopefully PC gamers at EA won't keep this bullet deviation in the PC patch.
    http://www.adkgamers.com/topic/10598...age__p__23670#

Re: Post patch suppression/bullet deviation

I for my part think increasing supression effects/ bullet deviation whilst being supressed was an acceptable step to add some more realism to the game, that also discourages run-and-gunning (I already stated that in a different thread). Unfortunately it favours spraying... and spraying is considerred low-skilled by many.
    What I mean by realism is: Do you think you could aim well, whilst someone unleashes a hail of bullets in your direction?

Comment

Originally posted by Evilhardt View Post
      I for my part think increasing supression effects/ bullet deviation whilst being supressed was an acceptable step to add some more realism to the game, that also discourages run-and-gunning (I already stated that in a different thread). Unfortunately it favours spraying... and spraying is considerred low-skilled by many.
      What I mean by realism is: Do you think you could aim well, whilst someone unleashes a hail of bullets in your direction?
      A no re spawn round of Arma is where to go for realism. BF3 is a hokey fun game i.e. , the parachute etc. Kit choice, squading up for superior results , knowing when to run and gun, knowing when to seek cover or step out and take a shot are all a part of this experience. Subconsciously gamers that are good shots will learn how to overcome the bullet deviation. That being said the natural course would be to release another fix that causes a misfire for every shot that actually hits the target. This is a first person shooter and if I can risk a shot/burst at a suppressing enemy I ought to get rewarded with a hit or kill if I time and aim it right.

Comment

Dice is going to lower the suppression effect. Question is... how long is the wait.
        You know what attract bullets the most in Battlefield 3?? MY HEAD!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Talos View Post
          Dice is going to lower the suppression effect. Question is... how long is the wait.
          Good to hear! Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Talos View Post
              Source?

Sent from HTC EVO via Tapatalk
              "Young gamers assault while Older gamers flank."
              "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Allen Kurtz (?) mentioned it during his interview on DRMB. I haven't heard the actual clip but it has been posted in a couple of places on reddit and in an article on 1stMip.com this week.

Sorry no links at the moment.
                sigpic

Comment

Podcast with Demize99 AKA Senior Gameplay Designer for BF3
                  http://www.twitch.tv/dontrevivemebro/b/313597227

....and:
                  http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3...ertz_demize99/
                  sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse