Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AAR] TG vs AF Scrim AAR

First Engagement: Firestorm, US Side
    Roll-out went very well on this match, we had some hiccups including a lack of a transport chopper pilot and lack of AA. The lack of AA was at my own fault and was rectified when SL's brought it to my attention. AF had very good map knowledge during this fight and very good armor team work and control. Our air assets were better over all and our shooters performed better. This match ended with 1 ticket left on our side and 0 on AF's side for a 1 ticket margin win. More detailed information to be posted subsequently as I get a chance to see the footage of the fight.

Second Engagement: Firestorm, RU Side
    Again, roll-out wen very well and again we had issues with the transport chopper, but this was due to a crash and some lag and not due to the fault of any one person. If I recall correctly when we did get the TC up and running it dropped a squad off at Alpha and proceeded to bravo and take bravo as well. We had more issues with our armor not working in teams until commanded gave implicit orders for armor to do so. Again our air assets proved superior, though we lost this match 0 tickets left to their 2 for a two ticket margin loss.

All in all, the firestorm matches were hard fought, and it was obvious that AF had trained very hard on this map, they had better positional and area control they we did, but we'll learn from this and move on. The same with our armor, their armor was superior and we'll learn from that as well. This is not to say our armor was bad, as it wasn't, just points for us to take and learn from.

Third Engagement: Karkand, RU Side
    Let me start by saying, we performed at the absolute top of our game here. It's really hard to go into details, but constant flow of information, coupled with fantastic shooters and squad leaders and fantastic armor support landed us a near 250 ticket margin win against AF. Good job boys! As a note, AF rushed the back flags with armor, this was a valid tactic that we would attempt to use in the following match.

Fourth Engagement: Karkand, US Side
    Yet again, absolute top of our game. This was a hard fought battle with AF pushing D flag hard core, major props goes to the third and other units who defended D flag out numbered and facing armor rushes. Great team work here with constant and steady supply of information along with great armor drivers let us win this map with a 110 tickets to spare. We did use their rush G/F tactic against them, but they were prepared for it. It was not until they committed to taking some of our back flags and pushing D that I saw an opening and took it, thus having our LAV and infantry push and capture F throwing them entirely off guard.

Again, absolute perfection from everyone in these two matches, very well played!

TG Wins the Scrim: With a 360-370 ticket margin total for all 4 maps. Stay tuned for footage, more detailed reports, and Ribbons!

-DR
    CO

TG-30th Damion Rayne - Commanding Officer

Content Development Writer | Developer Relations Liaison

Re: TG vs AF Scrim AAR

Well done!

Comment

Round 1

Bad quality for some reason, will try to fix later.

Comment

Excellent job commanding Damion. Made my life easier as squad leader to direct my troops.

Attacking Delta on Karkand was pretty epic and difficult. I don't think I have ever had a worse K/D ratio, but it didn't matter as it was a blast playing.

Props to all the organizers (especially Damion, Bear, Hardwind) and all other squad leaders

Comment

Round 4

Sorry about the quality, settings got messed up.

Comment

Great games, good leaders, well fought. Couldn't have represented TG any better.
            sigpic

Comment

Such a fun game! Cant wait for the next ones!
              "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Well done everyone!

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Round 3

Comment

This is round 3. I recorded the first 2 matches also. But i was a supporting sniper and I didn't get too much action. So i won't be posting the footage. I don't want to put you guys to sleep! On Karkand our squad was divided between LAV and ground support. Bear and Squinty did amazing in the LAV and Zzippy did even better supporting me on the ground and repairing the LAV.

http://youtu.be/-bEmpxlL9NQ

Comment

hahah awesome eazy. I know you might get some flak for it, but that was a sick nasty roadkill.

Comment

Those Firestorm rounds were absolutely intense.

Karkand let us find a comfortable groove and dominate the opposition.

Great work all!

Comment

Those 2 rounds of Firestorm were intense. B was a bloodbath both rounds, and see sawed back and forth many times. The 1st round we were down 10+ tickets, and came back for the 1-0 win, (and Big Cheers in our squad), and the 2nd we were down like 30-7, and battled back to 5-5, and ended up losing 0-2, so close.

It was really a great team effort. As always, TG lived up to it's well deserved reputation. Professionalism exuded, and it never ceases to amaze me. Everyone who participated should be proud of themselves. Big thanks to Damion for stepping up for his first CO job. He did a great job, at a not so easy task. Thanks also to all those who weren't signed up, but were there to fill in perfectly. We had alot of drop outs, and with out them it could have been rough. And of course Big ups to my partners in crime, Aruncado, Zippy, and Fyah.

Comment

Well played all - close rounds are always the best.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

Here's mostly unedited footage from the APC on both rounds of Karkand, although I'm missing the start of the second round...
                              My TS overlay stops and starts and I didn't want to take the downtime to restart in the middle of the round. Also I didn't have it set up to record my whispers to the commander unfortunately.
                              Hadn't planned to be on this map as I SL'd on firestorm; ending up taking the drivers seat and we did a lot of bouncing around either trying to support a contested flag or put fire onto enemy flags to keep them contained. Whatever the CO needed at the moment.
                              Props to Bear and Zippy repairing as the APCs were constantly soaking up Javelin and RPG fire. Thought the CO comms proved very helpful in giving me a clear picture where enemy armor was located or where we needed to head something off. We took a pounding on the second round as we moved into the confines of Foxtrot and AF was good about C4ing us. Overall one of the most enjoyable scrims I've had at TG. Those firestorm rounds were the closest I've seen during a scrimmage.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X