M26 with underslung rail and heavy barrel prohibited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M26 with underslung rail and heavy barrel prohibited

There is a bug in BF3 where the M26 used in conjunction with underslung rail and a heavy barrel causes excessive damage. This is getting more widespread and publicly known, therefore the following exact combination will be prohibited on our servers until patched:
    • Assault Rifle
    • Underslung Rail
    • Heavy Barrel
    • M26 Mass / Dart

Note that it's not the M26 that's banned, it's the combination above. When killed by an M26, please review the enemy loadout on the death screen and report those who use it.

Re: M26 with underslung rail and heavy barrel prohibited

Just to clarify, I'm pretty sure it is only the DART that exhibits the bug. So if use the same loadout with a standard MASS, you aren't getting the glitch. Or am I not correct?

Comment

Here's a video showing what the glitch does damage wise, according to this video it happens with the MASS and the DART.

Comment

It is all of the mass with that combo. Except for the slug. I sure hope they roll out a fix quick, it is a devastating combo/glitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83VL3sS77-o

Comment

Its horrible being on pub servers, Every 12 year old is using it.

Just means less engineers to take on my tank.

Join server

Full of M26 exploiters

???

Profit

Comment

That explains why I've been killed frequently by the Dart lately!

Comment

My m320 is faster than your dart ;)

Comment

Drat. Last time I played, I decided to try the DART, which I've never seriously used before (I should add, I had never even heard about the bug). Just my luck that now I have to put it back in the box.

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
                --BlackMirror
                <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
                Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
                --Blackraven93

Comment

Darnit I was starting to use that combination pre patch and getting used to it on my G3A3 with buckshot for CQC situations :( now to put it away just as I was getting used to the swap over time.

Oh well removal of the heavy barrel when in those situations should be ok or are we removing the underslung and use the M26 as a seperate standoff?

Fallen can you clarify what would be acceptable so I dont get into trouble please.

Volchok
                  sigpic

Comment

if you don't have heavy barrel equipped then the M26 behaves as it should, so you can still have it underslung without exploiting.

Though imo, have a bipod on your G3 and use the M26 seperate. It's rather fun!
                    AnimalMother
                    Ex TG-31st LR
                    "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                    sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Originally posted by Volchok_Son View Post
                      Oh well removal of the heavy barrel when in those situations should be ok or are we removing the underslung and use the M26 as a seperate standoff?
                      Originally posted by AnimalMother View Post
                      if you don't have heavy barrel equipped then the M26 behaves as it should, so you can still have it underslung without exploiting.
                      Correct, just swap the heavy barrel out for something else (flash suppressor etc), or take the underslung rail off.

Comment

Thank you Fallen for the clarification.

Volchok
                        sigpic

Comment

And that explains the rounds I was having on a pubby server last night. I mean, I pretty much suck at this game still anyway, but this one guy that was using that combo was just absolutely mowing me down round after round, even most of the times that I got the drop on him.
                          |TG-55| Infantry Division - Former Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Cheburash View Post
                            Drat. Last time I played, I decided to try the DART, which I've never seriously used before (I should add, I had never even heard about the bug). Just my luck that now I have to put it back in the box.
                            Again, the M26 MASS and DART themselves are not prohibited. It is the specific combination listed in the OP that is prohibited. You may still use the M26 and its variants, but it may not be mounted on an underslung rail with the Heavy Barrel attachment. If you put a bipod or foregrip on the rifle, I believe it negates the bugs effect.

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
                            • Assault Rifle
                            • Underslung Rail
                            • Heavy Barrel
                            • M26 Mass / Dart

Note that it's not the M26 that's banned, it's the combination above. When killed by an M26, please review the enemy loadout on the death screen and report those who use it.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Has this been patched yet? Curious, as I haven't seen any of it pubbing today.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X