BF3 destruction versus BC2 destruction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 destruction versus BC2 destruction

How hard would it be to make a video or even a list of everything destructable in either game.

To me atleast BF3 has far more destruction in total, cover, concrete walls, building facades, and many other objects.

BC2 has total destruction but only of a few copy and paste buildings some wooden fences and not a lot else.

I would need help with it though, Anyone who could change the server maps for the bf3 TG server would be amazing, or whoever has a better video recorder then me.

I was just tired of seeing people say BC2 had more destruction without providing proof.
    Last edited by Brainhurts; 04-27-2012, 07:13 AM.

Re: BF3 destruction versus BC2 destruction

You could blow bridges up in BC2.

Comment

I think bc2 had more buildings that would collapse. I remember playing with no buildings or trees still standing sometimes.

Comment

Yeah BC2 has buildings that did collapse but to me that doesn't mean more destruction

BC2 had total destruction but it was very limited, only a few things to destroy.

BF3 has a lot more smaller objects walls and such to destroy but a lot less total destruction.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I miss the total destruction, it made the maps seem much larger and more thorough and forced players to take different avenues of approach. I guess one issue is that all of the maps in BF3 are either really small like bazaar with no real buildings that are suitable for total destruction, or they are large like caspian which offer no real buildings to collapse in the first place.

Former TG-21st
            Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Caspian has a number of buildings that can collapse completely. Did you mean that they are less dense?
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

The vast majority of Caspian is open ground. There are but a few buildings in the whole map. mostly on gas station. With a map with such a limited number of buildings, it dsnt surprise that most of them fall down.

Comment

Yea what I meant is that the are so sparse that even with all of them knocked down the gameplay does not feel significantly altered.

Former TG-21st
                  Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

As far as destruction is concerned, I'm guessing DICE is going to be refocusing on that in the DLC. Enhanced Destruction was a selling point for the Back to Karkand pack and it appeared to me that they followed up well on that promise, particularly on Karkand and Sharqi. Still, we're not seeing as many collapse-able buildings in one map as there were on Arica Harbor or White Pass (particularly around Bravo flag in both cases), which is kind of a bummer for me. Both gameplay trailers from Close Quarters have shown off all manner of particle effects and destroyable walls, pillars, columns, desks, gazebos, chest high fences, etc etc ad nauseam, but its not really anything new destruction-wise expect for models and textures, and its not the same thing as dropping a building on someone. I'm guessing that with Armored Kill (and possibly End Game, whatever that is) we're going to see a return to what we got a taste of in the Karkand pack. New buildings and objects that can be destroyed and collapsed in new and interesting ways. Whether it'll be on the same scale as BC2 is uncertain at best.

Time will tell though.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

You know what caspian does have though? A bunch of trees. That can be blown up. They change the gameplay pretty significantly. I wish more maps had lots of trees.
                      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                        You know what caspian does have though? A bunch of trees. That can be blown up. They change the gameplay pretty significantly. I wish more maps had lots of trees.
                        Yes, but you rarely see that affect games. You only see it really affect the game when its a 1000 ticket server.

Comment

I know that I will put c4 on a tree sometimes and knock it down for some quick cover works not too bad till tree disapears.
                          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X