A couple of upcoming server changes for the weekend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of upcoming server changes for the weekend

We're going to start working this weekend on mixing modes more on the servers, the exact implementation will be determined over the next week or so. But the tentative plan is to use our server side scripts to allow mixed mode game play.

That will mean: Small CQ maps & Rush while server is seeding. After population picks up, we will rotate Infantry only maps with vehicle enabled larger maps. (Because a server side bug was fixed in the last patch, we can now also run the same map both as IO and with vehicles in the same rotation, that wasn't possible before).

Player count will be changed to 48 players on both servers to improve visibility in the browser.

Finally, a more important change, we will test running the servers 100% health this weekend, and that warrants a bit more info:

We've run lower health in an effort to get closer to the pre-release damage model, but with the latest patch increasing damage for most rifles, the difference from alpha/beta is less. The practical effect of 100% health vs 80% is that it takes one more bullet to kill someone, but the effect of RPGs, M320s, and other explosive weapons like tank shells is lessened.

Whether that's positive or negative will depend on who you ask... :)

While this brings the game closer to "vanilla" state which should appeal to a broader audience, TG is not trying to cater to everyone. We will always attempt to run our games with settings that best promote teamwork and offer opportunity for strategy and tactics. However, we also don't think that at this point the health setting is what should define us.

We will keep playing the TG way

This is to give you a heads up that you may see occasional odd settings or change of maps for the next few days, we'll post a separate announcement about the final setup when the changes are complete.

Re: A couple of upcoming server changes for the weekend

Awesome, i don't know if it a good thing, but you'll see me in the server more often.
    sigpic

Comment

Great! This is the first weekend since I bought BF3 that I actually won't be on the road! So hopefully the servers will be hopping, and I'll be hopping on!
      |TG-55| Infantry Division - Former Captain

Comment

Looking forward to giving it a try this weekend!

Comment

That all sounds great!

Comment

Aight, let's do this! :)
            "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Server one should reflect all the changes (unless I screwed something up)

100% health, 48 players, 3 different maplists depending on server population:

0-20 players, smalls maps, vehicles disabled, a couple rush maps in rotation.
              20-32 players, medium maps, vehicles enabled/disabled based on maps, a couple rush maps in rotation.
              32-48 players, large maps, vehicles enabled/disabled based on maps.

Some maps are played both as infantry only and with vehicles enabled, some are played only in one or the other mode.

Teheran Conquest is not in any maplist.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...eamwork-FF-On/

Comment

When the player count changes into what will be a different mode during a game, that game will finish playing out, right?

Comment

Yes, it'll change after the round ends, before the next begins.

Comment

For the record, I'm having more fun tonight than I've had in ages on the TG server. Everything feels a lot more balanced. Will probably post more specific feedback later when I've had a chance to think about it, but I wanted to put out a word of encouragement in case anyone's still debating on whether or not to come play. You should! :D

Edit: Oh, and Lunn--I think this is yours...

for_lunn.jpg
                    Last edited by Arithea; 04-27-2012, 11:46 PM.

Comment

LOL. Poor Lunn. Always ended up being where ever the 56th was :-P

Another up-vote for the new server settings. 100% health + dynamic server settings was awesome. I played 3 or 4 hours and was having a tonne of fun winning AND losing. There were some very close rounds (one under 10 tickets, 2 under 20, another under 50, another under 100) and only 1 scramble from 8:30 - 12:30.

Most importantly it was FUN with a captical F. I'm clearly a huge fan of the settings. I appreciate they might not be everyone's cup-of-tea, but I would be very happy if one server ran these settings all the time.

Comment

It was ok, I think the health if possible should be 100% with vehicles, 80% with infantry only.

I was getting tired of opening fire on a guy from behind and hes turns around and shoots me in the head.
                        Last edited by Brainhurts; 04-28-2012, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Honestly I kinda liked 100% health
                          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I really enjoyed the server last night. The 100% health seemed to slow it down a bit. It's hard to explain, but it felt and looked like squads were using more fire and maneuver than I've seen in a while, although that may just be who was on.

Last night was the first time this game felt closer to 2142 than BC2 for me.

"Oratio Ultima Regem -- The Last Argument of Kings"

Comment

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
                              It was ok, I think the health if possible should be 100% with vehicles, 80% with infantry only.

I was getting tired of opening fire on a guy from behind and hes turns around and shoots me in the head.
                              Got to make sure your aim for the head and get those headshots, otherwise, if they have a good enough twitch, they will turn around and headshot you before you finish them.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X