• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is COD going the way of 2142?

Seen this on our cod section but man all the tech reminds me of 2142
    Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3ted...e_gdata_player

Sent from my iPhone
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: Is COD going the way of 2142?

Walkers and everything, wonder if this will encourage a 2143 since publishers are out to copy each other.

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Comment

As far as the game itself goes, Ehhhhh.......

Honestly it's just going to be another Call of Duty. I don't see this really breaking any new ground unless Treyarch decides to depart from the established mechanics, map sizes, and base configuration of the CoD franchise. And since Treyarch is firmly under Activi$ion's thumb, there's really no hope of that happening. Not as long as it bears the Call of Duty title anyway.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Originally posted by TheLancerMancer View Post
        As far as the game itself goes, Ehhhhh.......

Honestly it's just going to be another Call of Duty. I don't see this really breaking any new ground unless Treyarch decides to depart from the established mechanics, map sizes, and base configuration of the CoD franchise. And since Treyarch is firmly under Activi$ion's thumb, there's really no hope of that happening. Not as long as it bears the Call of Duty title anyway.
        I know it will be typical cod......but futuristic gameplay is new ground for the series.
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

FPSRUSSIA had a fly of those quadcopters shown in the video.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNPJM...e_gdata_player
          sigpic

Former Pathfinder
          Former ARMA Admin
          Former ARMA TGU instructor
          Former TGU Headmaster
          Current Noob
          Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Hmm. Pretty interesting. The single player would probably be a fun 5 hours (maybe they'll improve that aspect of these games.. it seems to be the main way that they market them). But you're right-- maybe it will inspire a 2143. Now that'd be awesome. Titans with destructible environment!!

Speaking of single player, I just finished the single player in BF3 the other day. It was quite enjoyable. Though very buggy. I had to restart a lot of missions from the beginning because the dialogue got stuck repeating and the story wouldn't progress. But it paints a good picture why the game is US vs. RU.

Comment

Originally posted by bolagnaise View Post
              FPSRUSSIA had a fly of those quadcopters shown in the video.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNPJM...e_gdata_player
              Wow, that was really well made. I had to watch a second time and thought it was for real the first time. The whole time, thinking that he was an idiot for live firing it without being in a safety enclosure.. for pointing it directly at him a couple of times, etc. lol. So I'm guessing it's a viral video that the CoD folks funded? Because that CGI, plus the car and explosives (and insurance!) don't come cheap.

Comment

Yeah he used to do COD commentary so apparently infinity ward has funded that video to be made. Was very well done.
                sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                Former ARMA Admin
                Former ARMA TGU instructor
                Former TGU Headmaster
                Current Noob
                Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Bad guy here: Why is this in the BF3 section again?
                  Skud

Comment

I was showing how it looked like bf 2142. Since this is where the bf community mostly is I put it here. I guess if it really bothers someone that a thread that has a cod video in it is in the bf3 section than delete it.
                    Last edited by Ven; 05-02-2012, 08:55 AM.

Comment

I think this post serves a purpose in this section of the forum.
                      I was surprised how much the trailer reminded me of 2142, maybe this will start something over at EA/ DICE :)
                      "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

As soon as they stop using the same goddamn engine they've been using for about, the past, life time, then maybe, MAYBE they will have boosted sales.

Every single call of duty game since modern warfare, is just a €60.00 map pack.
                        "War is not about what's right, It's about what's left"
                        "There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing Innocent people"
                        "If we don't end war, War will end us"

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
                          Wow, that was really well made. I had to watch a second time and thought it was for real the first time. The whole time, thinking that he was an idiot for live firing it without being in a safety enclosure.. for pointing it directly at him a couple of times, etc. lol. So I'm guessing it's a viral video that the CoD folks funded? Because that CGI, plus the car and explosives (and insurance!) don't come cheap.
                          No shadow was ever cast by the bot , that's the only way I knew

Comment

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2: Post-Modernist Warfare. Now I am just waiting for DICE/EA to respond with Battlefield 3143.
                            sigpic

Comment

Maybe they will do something new with it this time around,

or maybe it'll just be all in the 5 hour long single player campaign and the only "walker" you get in the multiplayer is a killstreak reward thats about a foot high.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X