petition for return of 80% health

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petition for return of 80% health

I humblely ask that anyone who feels that the 80% health should return post their name and a reason (admins if this is out of line please move or remove)
    I feel that the 80% health should return for many reasons, the first of which is that the so called 1 bullet difference doesn't feel true, second is that if I start shooting someone in the back they have enough time to 180 and pop off a few rounds and kill me instead of them dieing, 3rd is that 3/4 of the kills anymore on our server are M16A3s because lets face it they win everytime at any range in any situation so i feel as if i'm forced to ether join the crowd or get stuck with something that shoots the same caliber with a high rate of fire but takes up to 3 times as many bullets to kill or even just any other gun in general stands no chance enless your lucky.
    When there is no more room left in hell the dead shall walk the earth. - Dawn of the Dead
    sigpic

Re: petition for return of 80% health

I feel it should be for infantry only, Vehicles its a bit much, I hit anywhere near people with a tank shell and they are dead, Canister shell it takes one of the pellets to killa guy with 80%,

100% health for vehicles,

80% for infantry only,

It felt fair and balanced, I dont know how many times i get behind a squad and one happens to be a twitcher and insta kills me.

Comment

I suggest hardcore setting, we need the server to actually be found :p
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post

Yeah hardcore , its a bit more then 80%, its much closer to the TG settings then Normal, plus we wont have "pros" dominating on the server as much because there twitch firing wont win 100% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
          Yeah hardcore , its a bit more then 80%, its much closer to the TG settings then Normal, plus we wont have "pros" dominating on the server as much because there twitch firing wont win 100% of the time.
          I thought that was the reason for not going HC....60% player health

Comment

Originally posted by UndeadForce View Post
            second is that if I start shooting someone in the back they have enough time to 180 and pop off a few rounds and kill me instead of them dieing,
            If you start shooting someone in the back and he turns around and kills you, then it's you're own fault not the game.

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
            Actually, my highest infantry kill streak was on a HC server. It is much easier to kill and have a high k/d in HC imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
              If you start shooting someone in the back and he turns around and kills you, then it's you're own fault not the game.

Actually, my highest infantry kill streak was on a HC server. It is much easier to kill and have a high k/d in HC imho.
              All these arguements are relative to your own experiances. In 100% health it sometimes (not often) happens to me that the guy will turn around and kill me.

Kwalc, we all know your a good player but it really depends for everyone who they're playing with shows how much better you are than them.

My point is, no matter how vulnerable the enemy is to you if on HC settings, you are just as vulnerable to them. Lets try HC settings on the conquest server for maybe a week so everyone can try it. Agreed? Than we can try other settings too. I want to see how it actually feels instead of speculating. HC on our server could play out much different than pub, seeing we have a much different server community :)
              |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

All these arguements are relative to your own experiances. In 100% health it sometimes (not often) happens to me that the guy will turn around and kill me.

Kwalc, we all know your a good player but it really depends for everyone who they're playing with shows how much better you are than them.

My point is, no matter how vulnerable the enemy is to you if on HC settings, you are just as vulnerable to them. Lets try HC settings on the conquest server for maybe a week so everyone can try it. Agreed? Than we can try other settings too. I want to see how it actually feels instead of speculating. HC on our server could play out much different than pub, seeing we have a much different server community :)
                It's not about who is better or not. Nor about who has more shooting skills. I've had people 360 me in matches before( in HC mode and normal mode). But in the end if people 360 me in any game mode, it is my fault alone.

I have no opinion on HC settings. Go ahead and try it as long as it dsn't say custom. Also I posted map ideas in the caa forum, would be nice if they were tested out(testing out on a pw night dsn't help).

Comment

yup

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
                    It's not about who is better or not. Nor about who has more shooting skills. I've had people 360 me in matches before( in HC mode and normal mode). But in the end if people 360 me in any game mode, it is my fault alone.

I have no opinion on HC settings. Go ahead and try it as long as it dsn't say custom. Also I posted map ideas in the caa forum, would be nice if they were tested out(testing out on a pw night dsn't help).
                    I see the point now and you are correct :)
                    I agree, anything to get found and I'll be happy :p and thanks kwalc, I was about to post myself :p
                    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Only difference i have found with 100%hp is that armor doesnt dominate so easily. With infantry only i honestly notice no difference between 80 and 100 hp. So i dont see us being able to set a server up for infantry and armor on the same box. If we go 80hp the armor rolls infantry to easy. If we go 100 hp on infantry some see it as too much(again, i notice no difference).

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2
                      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I think vanilla would be the best way to go. Somebody brought up how if we went to HC than there would be complaints about explosives being to harmful, so I think Vanilla would be the best way to go. Also no complaints about 1 shot kills with sniper rifles.
                        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I appreciate the feedback, and personally I agree that 80% is a better health setting for infantry combat.

However, we tried it, and it became a disproportionate distraction and endless debates, we're not switching the server back at this point.

It might return for password night or other similar events though.

Comment

My thoughts on hardcore vs vanilla: skilled players do better at vanilla. Why? In vanilla, the better shooter will get enough rounds on target to get a kill. Also, after he takes a few hits, the better player will have enough time to get behind cover in vanilla.

So, if you want to even the playing field, go hardcore. However, on hardcore, armor will dominate. The question is, who do you want dominating? Kwalc with his M16 or Brain with his T90?

Comment

Originally posted by BleedingKnee View Post

So, if you want to even the playing field, go hardcore. However, on hardcore, armor will dominate. The question is, who do you want dominating? Kwalc with his M16 or Brain with his T90?
                              To be fair, I've not played a huge amount of hardcore, but I've found it much easier to take out armor in hardcore. The lack of 3d spotting and third person vehicle cameras makes it much trickier for armor to maneuver in the very tight maps of BF3. On vanilla the 3D spot in particular makes it difficult. I went 36 straight on Seine Crossing in a tank on a vanilla server, simply by shooting canister shells at the little marks above people's heads.

This may be a placebo effect, and I can find no documentation on the matter, but it seems to me that vehicle health is actually lower in HC. I base this on my engineer kit being much more effective in HC versus vanilla, again it just seems that way. Certainly it's a lot easier to C4/repair tool/EOD bot the tank without the magic third person view.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X