Testing: Server 2 is now "vanilla" hardcore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing: Server 2 is now "vanilla" hardcore

Server 2 is now "vanilla" hardcore and shows up in Battlelog as a regular HC server.

I'm going to work on the maplist over the next day or two, there are going to be issues with balance until we get that sorted out.

Re: Testing: Server 2 is now "vanilla" hardcore

The measure of success of this will be if it fills up and attracts NEW players.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Sorry i couldnt play tonight :( internet went out (right after i talked to you fallen) and couldnt get it back all night. This is just over my mobile :p Im getting a 50 cat 5 cable sometime this week and runnin it under my floor into the basement, than ill be Supa fast!! ;D
      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Love the new settings fallen , Had a lot of great 1 ticket rounds and saw some new faces. Only feedback would be the vehicle respawn is near instantaneous no need to protect teh assets. Otherwise some really great rounds
        sigpic

Comment

would changing vehicle spawns make it a "custom" server?
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I only played for two rounds before i jumped off to play a long on going game of Civ 5

They where ok rounds, not too uneven, but not too balanced.

Found some major problems, That may or may not effect the server for better or worse, Plenty of one hit kill weapons, Shotgun slugs, M988, but plenty of underused weapons that are much better for low health, PDW's are usefull now, close range they do beat m16s from what I did see, shotguns same deal.

I didn't see anyone able to shoot back at me when I started shooting them, Which I feel is the way it should be, this isn't cod there shoulnd't be drawn out close quarter fights, it should be who was aware first, who was set up, not who has the better twitching ability.

In fact the prevalence of so many one/two hit weapons could be better for the TG playstyle, it could force people to use tactics and teamwork to win, which there is barely any of.

Not sure about the Vehicles, they should not be a problem for low population because I notice we have mostly TGers seeding the servers and they do agree to not use them, most maps I don't see a problem with them being a balance issue, Damavand Peak and Noshar Canals and Grand Bazar will be the most difficult and might have to be removed imo because of the vehicles the rest should be fine.

Everything else, I have to say is the players not the game, Just look at the more popular severs, 3000 tickets metro M320 fests, The players changed more then the game.

Comment

Every gun is hand of god, not sure about armor, with this low HP I decided to try it (I NEVER do armor) and was able to go 9 and 1. put that in the hands of people that know what they are doing with it and it could get ugly. Hopefully we will get some new players out of this.
              With us doing 2 servers will the other be set up pure Vanilla?
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Enjoyed the rounds I was able to play last night. HC with TG is a nice feel, I found there was a little more communication going on in the squads I was in. Looking forward to more feedback from everyone and seeing how this works!
                sigpic

Comment

I think we need to get over the fact that armor will rule. Armor rules on the battlefield. I would hope a tank would tear the crap out of the bad guys much better than an infantry squad.

Each side gets armor. Each side gets a choice to use it effectively. they can suppress the enemy armor or hold objectives or rack up meaningless kills or whatever it is that those armor bastards do. It never bothers me that armor guys go 40 and 1. Armor should be elite. What bothers me is when one side has guys using armor and the other side is all assault class looking for an infantry fight. I should point out that I probably have more teamkills with armor than enemy kills and 95% of my time spent playing bf3 is as an assault class...

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I'm looking at the map rotation via battlelog and it shows only 6 maps: teheran, kark, canals, damavand, sharqi, and siene. Is that intentional?

Comment

It has a dynamic maplist that changes as population grows. Small maps while it's being seeded (<20), medium maps for 20-32 players, and large maps above that.

Comment

Re: Testing: Server 2 is now &quot;vanilla&quot; hardcore

Originally posted by Ven View Post
                        Every gun is hand of god, not sure about armor, with this low HP I decided to try it (I NEVER do armor) and was able to go 9 and 1. put that in the hands of people that know what they are doing with it and it could get ugly. Hopefully we will get some new players out of this.
                        With us doing 2 servers will the other be set up pure Vanilla?
                        I am not the best armor guy either Ven but I think it falls in line with what Science said " Don't bring you G3 to a Tank Fight" you're gonna lose. Just by keeping our own armor in the game the other side is not able to dominate.. I guess the point is if no one on your team is using the armor on your side some one had to step up even if you prefer to play infantry Mind you this only works for the non-armor skilled with near instantaneous vehicle spawns. I just kept dying and respawning on our armor. If there is a long long delay in the vehicle spawn then it becomes more an issue of who has the better armor skills. With the quick spawn I think you get a better balance as long as you keep the armor in the game . Keeps brainhurts form dominating the round :D
                        sigpic

Comment

problem with that is on any map with armor almost the whole team needs to be engie. Thats what I dislike about armor....I'm almost OBLIGATED to be engineer(and for the record I'm engie far more than any other class because of this)
                          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I get that. On armor heavy maps the typical squad config I end up seeing is usually 2 Engies/ 1 Assault / 1 Recon or support vs Non armor 2 Assault/ 1 support / 1 recon. But there is not usually too much dissension on who plays what kit. It seems to me most people readily switch back and forth between Engine and Assault based on map
                            sigpic

Comment

9 times out of 10, Teamwork will beat a tank.

Most of the time though, all that happens is people shooting off smaws/rpgs willy nilly at the enemy armor which only shows off where you are.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X