Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BF3 Premium fact sheet

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
    Exactly. I bought BF2 for 15 bucks. Would never spend that much for a game. Its a game not something worth 110 dollars. They are not in the business to make people happy anymore. They are in the business of sucking as much cash out of everyone it can. If people want to spend 110 bucks just to play a game, DO IT(and im sure a lot of people will).
    I bought it for 50 bucks. I then shelved it for a few years before coming to TG. I promptly spent over 700 hours in Tacticalmod, POE2, PR, Forgotten Hope 2, and Operation Peacekeeper, as well as forays into Eve of Destruction and others.

The base BF2 game? Horrible. I played maybe 50 hours of that, I've still only got the unlocks for medic and engineer. I spent all of my time on unranked or playing mods, because I couldn't give 2 ****s about the pub community and their 24/7 karkand meatgrinders.

So for my initial 50 dollars, I got around 100 maps, 18 or so different factions and weapon loadouts unique to each faction, and 7 years of gameplay. I'd say that was pretty damn good.

Best part? All those mods, all I needed was the base game. No Armored Fury/Euro/etc needed, and I got many things from each of the payed-for expansions in the mods (grappling hooks, sleeping gas, new armor/vehicles, etc) without having to deal with getting on a server and having only 2 people that talked in VOIP and knew how to actually play together, instead of working on their knife kill/revive or nadespam/resupply pointwhoring.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
      I was going to argue about some thing but its pretty pointless,

So back to the main topic, Ive played 400 hours so far its cost me a few cents an hour, 110$ for a thousand hours in a game?

Don't tell me your BS about a game being expensive, Im sorry but that argument pisses me off.

A single player game 8 hours long 60$ yeah, That is Expensive and a cash grab.
      A multiplayer game where you have and can easyily spend 1000+ hours in? Hell no cheapest form of entertainment.

Also the fact that game are the cheapest at release they have ever been, Minimum wage here is 10$, 2005 it was 4$
      Chill out Brain. BS in your opinion is one thing, but everyone is entitled to there own. I am glad there are those who can dump 1000+ hours into a game? But honestly, I have been there and I regret doing so. I missed out on allot of things life had to offer. So yes in my eye's a game that is 100+ dollars to play and to continue to play is a little ridiculous.

sigpic

*Proud to have served in the 11th Airborne Infantry*

Comment

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post

Don't tell me your BS about a game being expensive, Im sorry but that argument pisses me off.

A multiplayer game where you have and can easyily spend 1000+ hours in? Hell no cheapest form of entertainment.

Also the fact that game are the cheapest at release they have ever been.

If you don't like BF3, don't bloody play it, or please just stop talking down about it.
        1) I prefer going to rome or wherever close to me then waste 110 euros. This premium is actually a ticket to milan and back:)
        2)1000 hours? damn. Actually, it is not the cheapest form of entertainment. I can give you examples if you like.
        3) Plain factually incorrect. I remember buying(well my dad bought) games for SUPER cheap back in super nintendo, nintendo 64, sega, playstation 1 days. Half to a third cheaper than games these days.
        4) I don't like bf3 more than any of the other games ive played but I like competition and there is just nothing else to do with my free time at home. However it's my first competitive gaming scene and I love BF3 for that.

Comment

1) I prefer going to rome or wherever close to me then waste 110 euros. This premium is actually a ticket to milan and back:)
          2)1000 hours? damn. Actually, it is not the cheapest form of entertainment. I can give you examples if you like.
          3) Plain factually incorrect. I remember buying(well my dad bought) games for SUPER cheap back in super nintendo, nintendo 64, sega, playstation 1 days. Half to a third cheaper than games these days.
          4) I don't like bf3 more than any of the other games ive played but I like competition and there is just nothing else to do with my free time at home. However it's my first competitive gaming scene and I love BF3 for that.
          I must agree with Kwalc. I stopped playing a month ago. I prefer to get a $50 tire for one of my bicycles or nice undies for my sexy wife than this pack. (-:
          "veritas vos liberabit"

Comment

I just had some crap rounds in BF3, and my computers acting up, sorry for getting angry.

But I still stand on my point,

Its not a cash grab and its pretty damn cheap compared to any other time, no ones making you buy it so whats the point of getting upset over it.

Comment

That's the no-modding issue coming back at us. They don't like people to create awesome mods in their spare time and giving them away for free. With the complexity of a game like BF3 who knows if re-engineering would even be worth someones spare time anyway.

So they keep creating content to finance "working" on the game (post launch support, fixing bugs etc.). BF2 was no different: Armored Fury, Euro Force, Special Forces. The only difference really is that now they are offering the DLC content (20 maps, vehicles, ...) in one package to pay in advance. If you bought them 15.- at a time every 4 months maybe you'd never do the math and just be happy to keep a game fresh that's getting boring over time :P
              former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Sorry if my post seemed a little angry or offensive to those who are going to buy the pack, it is just me being frustrated about the way games are being developed theses days.

Comment

The business model of DLCs and addons and whatever else has been discussed to death, aren't we done with that?

Let's keep the discussion on the actual software at hand rather than speculate about the intentions and future of the pricing model.

Comment

so what do you guys think will be in after math and end game? close quarters and armor DLC are self explantory :p
                    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
                      so what do you guys think will be in after math and end game? close quarters and armor DLC are self explantory :p
                      ***PURE SPECULATION INBOUND***

I'm not going to predict anything regarding End Game yet, as we literally have nothing to go off of.

With Aftermath we at least have a slightly more telling name. For those of you who played the Singleplayer Campaign, remember the earthquake in Iran / Eastern Iraq at the start of the game? A set of maps based on areas very affected by the earthquake or some other disaster seems like a very appealing idea to base a map pack around. Beyond that, they could go in the direction of BF2's Armored Fury with an invasion scenario on US soil (DICE did hint at maps on US soil at one point). Or a Nuclear/EMP strike somewhere. Whatever the case may be, it'll be the aftermath of something.

inb4 dinosaurs :p

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

I'm in.

I plan to spend about ten minutes in the close quarters maps but the rest will suit.

No other category of expenses returns more entertainment for less money.

So far with BF3 I am paying around 18 cents per hour (and decreasing) if my terrible math serves me correctly.

I do wish they had included a kilt or a nice skirt and some open toe pumps in the expansion kits.

Or a nice suicide jacket, balaclava, and flying instructions.
                        sigpic

Comment

I wouldve prefered a pink camo(real men wear pink IMHO) :D

Comment

I wouldve prefered a pink camo(real men wear pink IMHO) :D
                            Pink is the new black.
                            sigpic

Comment

It's been said before, but I try not to support games that don't support me. We've got 2 months post each expansion to enjoy the game, after that the interest dies out mostly. No mod support means that we are throwing money away into an outdated experience that becomes more dated every day. If there were any sign of project reality type mods on the horizon I'd buy the package no problem, but the simplicity and closed nature of BF3 made it an interesting distraction and road bump in the history of the Battlefield franchise, just like BFBC2. The servers are already mostly empty.

Comment

End Game = New York City. It makes perfect sense as the single player ended there. Let's hope and pray that it won't be another "tunnel" type of map ;)

Originally posted by TheLancerMancer View Post
                                ***PURE SPECULATION INBOUND***

I'm not going to predict anything regarding End Game yet, as we literally have nothing to go off of.

With Aftermath we at least have a slightly more telling name. For those of you who played the Singleplayer Campaign, remember the earthquake in Iran / Eastern Iraq at the start of the game? A set of maps based on areas very affected by the earthquake or some other disaster seems like a very appealing idea to base a map pack around. Beyond that, they could go in the direction of BF2's Armored Fury with an invasion scenario on US soil (DICE did hint at maps on US soil at one point). Or a Nuclear/EMP strike somewhere. Whatever the case may be, it'll be the aftermath of something.

inb4 dinosaurs :p
                                You know what attract bullets the most in Battlefield 3?? MY HEAD!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X