sigpic

Re: June Patch details

> 40mm smoke now stays longer again.
    Yay! Still no word on VOIP :)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by general_alvin View Post
      Yay! Still no word on VOIP :)
      I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

Fixing the DART is good. Noticed there's not anything about buffing the other rifles to match the A3. Too bad.

Oh and the Javelin is getting a nerf... Which is amusing.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

lol. they BUFFED the shotties.

Apparently they made ecm work properly. I will believe it is a lie until I test it. maybe they can make flares work properly too.

Comment

so they buffed the shotties and nerfed the jav.....sounds great if your in a vehicle
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

It didn't really matetr where it hit with the javlin, they still do disables, it just requires postioning now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
              so they buffed the shotties and nerfed the jav.....sounds great if your in a vehicle
              Yep. Plus nothing about increasing the effectiveness of the Stinger and Igla.

Sorry it's just... Do they play the game? Do they just listen to vehicle whores? Because I thought the vehicles were relatively balanced, with the exception of the attack choppers being godlike. Why give the vehicles a buff???

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
                Why give the vehicles a buff???
                How about these?

> Removed the direct damage from aircraft launched guided missiles. Players will need to have laser designated targets for full effectiveness.
                > Adjusted the helicopter rockets to their original prepatch damage value against armored vehicles. This is a reduction; a revert of a knock on effect that was introduced accidentally.
                > Increased the range on the AA guns so they can reach vehicles hovering at the maximum height in select maps.

I'm not sure if AA guns refer to the mobile AA vehicle guns or the static base defense AA cannons though.
                If it's the first, then that is a serious buff to counter any aircraft since the mobile AA already has a crazy range.
                sigpic

Comment

The AA range was 700, its like being hit with nerf darts at that range by the AA, any farther and its just going to be a slight annoyance.

Comment

Been playing around with the Igla today, seems worthless, will this patch help?

Comment

Nope. If anything it will be even more wortlhess, thanks to the increased effectiveness of the ECM.
                      If you want to kill them flyboys you better learn to fly yourself :)
                      sigpic

Comment

Igla is effective when used with team work, But nope everyone seems to want to shoot a jet down by themselves.

Comment

Lol, thanks I hadn't realised what teamwork was. To be clear do you mean "at least 17 team of them have to hit a vehicle" by teamwork.

Comment

I think he means that the pilot has to stay within the relatively short range of the igla for long enough to be taken down, even though he has weapons capable of destroying threats from a lot farther away.
                            But that's where the buffed AA gun range will come in handy i guess. Sadly, that doesn't require any teamwork at all.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
                              Igla is effective when used with team work, But nope everyone seems to want to shoot a jet down by themselves.
                              Sorry, that's just not true.

The range of the Stinger is so short that a jet can literally make a strafing run, be tracked all the way, and get back out of range before the lock settles. Not to mention they can easily outrun the missile if necessary,

Choppers just hit ECM and kill the guy with the Stinger. If you do manage to survive long enough to fire, the gunner's flares or the bugged nature of the Stinger will lose you the kill.

Oh, and it takes two hits to kill a jet or chopper.

The thing is totally, one hundred percent useless. The SAAW in 2142 was useful, the AT4 in BC2 was useful. The portable AA in BF3 has a short range, weak damage, and is bugged to boot.

I'd rather have my AT4. I'd rather have a SAAW from 2142. Hell, Desert Combat had dumbfire Stingers with superfast, straight as an arrow missiles. I could use those well. These are totally worthless.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X