Some more info on Premium and BF3 total sales so far

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some more info on Premium and BF3 total sales so far

Joystiq put up this article which sheds some more light on premium.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/04/ba...n-3-users-dlc/

It appears that the two week early access only applies to PS3 players.
    I am impressed about reading that BF3 has sold 15 million copies so far, that's quite an achievement :).
    Last edited by Lien; 06-04-2012, 08:32 AM. Reason: Typos
    "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Re: Some more info on Premium and BF3 total sales so far

BF2 sold 11 million over its lifespan, but that was all pc.

BF3 pc copies are like 2 million.

Comment

I suspect that if BF2 wouldve been released today it wouldve sold a lot more than 11 million. Just because of the open internet like it is now. And EA has become a lot better at advertising their stuff.

BF3 sold that many because everyone that had BF2 and their friend had to buy it to see the follow up to BF2. That and together with the consoles and the new ways to advertise made it perfect for ea to sell a lot of copies.

Comment

Airman camo in BF3! :)

Skud

Comment

From the Origin store

CONTENT AND FEATURES INCLUDED
          • All Battlefield 3 expansion packs with two weeks’ early access:
          o Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand
          o Battlefield 3: Close Quarters
          o Battlefield 3: Armored Kill
          o Battlefield 3: Aftermath
          o Battlefield 3: End Game

Combined, these five expansion packs include 20 maps, 20 new weapons, 10+ new vehicles, 4 new game modes, 30+ Assignments and 20+ dog tags

We had 9 maps to start with, B2K brought us 4 more, from screen shots it looks like Close Quarters will be another 4.

So, we can expect 12 more maps spread over Armored Kill, Aftermath, and End game. Sounds pretty good to me.

Comment

29 maps in the end, not bad not bad :p
            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

http://twitter.com/Battlefield/statu...55307285561344
              Q: When I can buy only Close Quarters DLC without Premium?
              A: June 19th for PS3 and 26th for PC/XBOX.
              With Premium, the CQ DLC should be available June 12th.

Comment

So i have till june 12th to sell my xbox
                sweet

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                  I like!

Comment

Just FYI, the upcoming server documentation indicates that premium users will move to the front of the player queue.

So, if you buy the DLCs separately and find that you're waiting forever in queue, it's because all premium users will move ahead of you.

There's no server setting to disable this, sorry.

Edit: However, there will be a new server option to only allow Premium users to connect.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post

Is this your screenshot or posted somewhere? I only have two new camos, one is a dark brown woodland and one is a not-too-dark green forest type. I tried them both and with the right cover, even just crouched, I had some people walking by without seeing me (suppressed 1911 time!!). That airman camo looks cool, though, so I want it!! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
                        Just FYI, the upcoming server documentation indicates that premium users will move to the front of the player queue.

So, if you buy the DLCs separately and find that you're waiting forever in queue, it's because all premium users will move ahead of you.

There's no server setting to disable this, sorry.

Edit: However, there will be a new server option to only allow Premium users to connect.
                        Fallen-- have you seen this blurb about VIP members? I don't think they've said much more about this (I'm guessing it'll be a new feature). But it sounds like it would typically be used to put server admins on the list, which take first priority over Premium users, too. If I'm correct, I bet someone could write a script to keep SM's on the list. If not, it could always be done by request manually, but then eventually someone is going to end their membership and still be on the list (not necessarily intentionally). Here's the page and the blurb:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/premium/

Queue Priority

Get priority when queuing for your favorite game server. Queue priority lets you get quicker into the game (VIPs will still go first).
                        Edit: more info from http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/rent-a-server

WHAT IS A SERVER VIP?

SERVER ADMINISTRATORS CAN DESIGNATE PLAYERS AS VIPS. THESE PLAYERS WILL SKIP TO THE FRONT OF THE QUEUE WHEN JOINING ANY SERVER THEY ARE A VIP IN.
                        So we should be able to use it as a built-in "kick for SM" tool. The question is whether or not we can automate the list of SM's.

Comment

Correct, the VIP slots are coming too :)

VIPs connecting will kick normal users to make room, Premium won't kick, just go to the front of the line. Premium users are not immune to VIP kicks.

Now is a good time to plug your BF3 name into your user profile in the "Battlefield 3 Player ID" box

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
                            Correct, the VIP slots are coming too :)

VIPs connecting will kick normal users to make room, Premium won't kick, just go to the front of the line. Premium users are not immune to VIP kicks.

Now is a good time to plug your BF3 name into your user profile in the "Battlefield 3 Player ID" box
                            Sweet! Any timeline on when this will go live? Or did I burst the bubble? ;)

Comment

We'll need to migrate the SM scripts from BC2 to work with BF3 Rcon protocols, no ETA.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X