AC-130, no Pilot.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC-130, no Pilot.

It doesn't seem from a few screenshots I have seen that the Ac-130 will have a pilot.

Thats a good thing imo, One, it'll be usefull as a gun platform, and two, you won't have morons flying it, three it allows everyone to use it without worrying over how good the pilot is.

Its like the huey, Its only good if you have a good pilot, and good gunners, and even on the TG server thats a rare event.

Re: AC-130, no Pilot.

so maybe somebody at the UCB will be able to "enter" the Ac-130 controls via computer console in game?
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

No it looks to spawn at a neutral point, whoever owns it gets the AC-130

Also another reason for no pilot, so the point has a meaning, Defend this flag and your team has an Ac-130,

Comment

How would you use it than?
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

It looks like it spawns on a runway.

Two people operate the weapons while it flies around.

Comment

I bet one of the gunners will just define the pylon turn. So the plane would circle around the point of attack so that the guns on the port side can always shoot it.

Still, I was hoping to fly it.

Comment

It would have been pretty sweet to fly it, but the fact that most players suck at flying, big disadvantage to the side who doesn't have a good pilot and the fact that morons would crash it.

And also it needs to keep the flag being usefull, So capturing it means you get the plane.

Comment

The sad thing is, I feel like this only steps even farther away from the learning curve. I mean, sure this is BF3 and not the other BF titles, but come on. It took me ages to learn how to fly in the other titles and I still struggle with jets, but still... I guess this could be seen as a new type of asset...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I think everyone should have a chance of being able to use stuff without having to spend 300 hours dying and crashing and "learning" to use a vehicle.

To me thats not fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
                    I think everyone should have a chance of being able to use stuff without having to spend 300 hours dying and crashing and "learning" to use a vehicle. To me thats not fun.
                    While I see what you mean, IŽd rather spend the 300h and actually accomplish something rather than use it for 10h and get bored.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by general_alvin View Post
                      While I see what you mean, IŽd rather spend the 300h and actually accomplish something rather than use it for 10h and get bored.
                      It still takes awhile to get used to flying a jet, Just not the 300 hours of being cannon fodder and crashing into stuff of other BF games, And it also means theres no crazy super pilots who can never be shot down, which should never happen in any game ever.

And yes Im getting tired of people looking down on BF3, like its some kinda bug infested corpse, compared to the ever so damn wonderful BF2.

Im not mad at you, just the community in general
                      Last edited by Iamthefallen; 06-05-2012, 07:46 AM. Reason: Edited for language

Comment

Excuse me? Are you referring to this community?

Comment

Im hoping he means the BF3 communtiy as a hole....
                          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I think everyone should have a chance of being able to use stuff without having to spend 300 hours dying and crashing and "learning" to use a vehicle.

To me thats not fun.
                            What makes games deep and long lasting is the complexity and skill it takes to master different aspects. Learning the maps, working on your movements, coordinating teamplay, learning how to use vehicles, these are why we have hundreds of hours in BF games. Honestly dude, you're looking at it all wrong. The shallow, uninteresting games are the ones where everything is easy to use. They're boring because everything is right there on the surface.

Also from a gameplay standpoint it's important that there be high skill curves for powerful assets. If the AC130 (which mounts a 105mm howitzer, a 40mm Bofors gun, and a 20mm minigun) is portrayed true to life, then it's going to be a powerful weapon for the US team. If it flys itself, that's taking away an important part of the equation.

Once again, DICE caters to the lowest common denominator. Worrying about the smacktards and griefers is all well and good. But you can never set up rules that will eliminate them. Giving up that depth and complexity that made BF great in the best on a misguided quest to eliminate the problems of teamkilling or foolish behavior is a very bad idea.

Comment

It doesn't seem from a few screenshots I have seen that the Ac-130 will have a pilot.
                              Could you share these screenshots with us please?
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X