Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close quarters maps.

Seeing more videos pop up, they don't look too bad,

Some don't look like they would have too much destruction, but Aside from being console videos they do look like they could be great at the proper player amounts and would fit into the server for when its low players.

There seems to be a feature that shows which floor people are on, I hope its disabled on hardcore, Most maps look like they have 4-5 floors and are farily big in total.

Re: Close quarters maps.

When the game was first released, didn't hardcore mode have minimap completely disabled? Or am I thinking about a hardcore mode in another game?

Comment

No bad company did, I didn't like it myself.

But I don't like that it shows how many people are on what level.

Kinda weird.

Comment

I recall minimap off being in the specifications for hardcore mode, but it didn't make it to release that way.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I'd rather not have the minimap in favor of 3D spotting in hardcore.... its supposed to mimic another guy literally pointing in a direction to show you where enemies are....why would they disable that for hardcore but keep the mini?

|TG|Serafiel - Pfälzer Wolf
          "For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother"
          - King Henry V, Shakespeare's "Henry V"

Comment

I think Id rather have the 3d spotting, People complain about it, but it works.

But yeah,

So what do you guys think of the close quarters maps?

Comment

I'm most excited for Scrapmetal, but maybe that's the sniper in me talking due to the two rooftops and chokepoints between them.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancer’s maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
                I think Id rather have the 3d spotting, People complain about it, but it works.

But yeah,

So what do you guys think of the close quarters maps?
                Actually very pleasantly surprised. They look quite good. I think they're going to be awesome with the population kept at the right level. Of particular relief to me me was the Ziba Tower is the smallest of the maps. Scrapmetal and 925 are actually pretty decently sized maps, and Donya looks fine.

I mean, watching videos of 24 person PS3 games, no one is tripping over each other really. I think it's gonna be fun.

Comment

Cant say anything, time will tell. Hopefully it dsnt turn into shotgun/frag fest.

Comment

No bad company did, I didn't like it myself.

But I don't like that it shows how many people are on what level.

Kinda weird.
                    Ok, I thought that might be what I was thinking of. I'm glad they included it-- just because I need to know where my teammates are around me. When the guy that you think has your 6 walks off leaving your back exposed, that kind of sucks. And I think in real life, between hearing, situational awareness, and peripheral vision, you'd kind of know if that person walked off. So I feel like the minimap supplements that ability. But I definitely prefer 3D spotting off (on the HUD). I kind of wish they'd do away with mine spotting, too.

So what's the ideal maximum player count for these maps?

I saw one video where the flag only had one person on it and it capped in a matter of a few seconds. Is that a characteristic of the new maps-- or is that just how it works on consoles? I didn't like it.

Comment

I think its anywhere from 0-32 players for these maps

Most of the maps seem to be fairly large for being indoors, The destruction looks farily neat, but Im hoping from the few videos I have seen its played caused and not static, because a lot of it does look fairly nice.

Comment

I think its anywhere from 0-32 players for these maps

Most of the maps seem to be fairly large for being indoors, The destruction looks farily neat, but Im hoping from the few videos I have seen its played caused and not static, because a lot of it does look fairly nice.
                        16 players.

Comment

16 players isn't the limit, 0-32 should work completely fine.

16 players is for the gun game mode to be fun, Conquest can and should be anywhere between 0-32 but it should be tested when it comes out,

Every video I have seen they still look to be 2-3 times bigger then any recent CoD map.

Comment

I guess it's should versus can. What's the limit until you're stepping over each other, and what's the limit that the server is restricted to by DICE-- if any?

Comment

No limit, I have seen 64 player screens on console and if you check battlelog you can see a few empty close combat servers ranging for 16-64 players.

Like I said, they look like they could support 32 players comfortably, They are a metro/grandbazaar size, but they have a lot more pathways to get around the map.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X