Close Quarters at TG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Close Quarters at TG

The Close Quarters DLC will be available for Premium members on Tuesday the 12th (exact time unknown), and we expect that both our servers will be upgraded to the most recent server release by tomorrow. The the new server release adds the new maps and game modes, and reserved slots for Supporting Members.

When the Close Quarters DLC is unlocked, Server 1 will to begin with run as 16players CQ maps only for a period to give everyone an opportunity to try the new maps. The current list of Supporting Members have been added to this server.

Server 2 (our current main server), will have CQ maps added to the <20 player maplist. We'll see how the maps play over the first few days and based on feedback we'll adjust as needed. If you're buying CQ separately, or not at all, you will still be able to play as our maplists are dynamic and change with player count, CQ maps will be in rotation until more players are on, then the maplist will change to medium conquest maps as usual.

In two weeks the CQ DLC will be available for non-premium members, and we'll take another look then at our structure, again, based on your feedback. I'm excited about seeing the new maps, and I hope that the new maps will offer even more options at low player counts. The next DLC, armored kill should expand our maplist fairly significantly, and bring even more variety to the game!

Re: Close Quarters at TG

Very nice!

Comment

Well as soon as I can sell my xbox Ill be playin with yall on the new maps.

Comment

Looking forward to this. :D
        sigpic

Comment

Since I make the schedules at work, I have proclaimed Tuesday a holiday! For me that is :row__739::icon14:.

Let's all keep an open mind and have positive thoughts and attitudes for this DLC... both in game and on the forums. Report bugs or problems in the proper format to the proper channels, i.e. to the ADMINS and the CAA forum. Patience and courtesy will go a long way for EVERYONE'S enjoyment.

Have fun and see ya Tuesday, -Zip

:icon_frow
          |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
          sigpic

Comment

Yay!!

Comment

I like toast :row__524:
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

And just FYI, there are still issues with the Queue system under the recent server patch, we'll make room for supporting members manually. Make sure you have your Origin ID in your TG profile so we can easily verify that you are a SM. Then just stop by the admin channel on Teamspeak and request a slot.

Comment

With the CQ maps in rotation on server 2, what about those of us who don't plan to purchase them? I assume we'll be booted when the server switches to one of those maps. As a SM, I don't think that's fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Mortifier View Post
                    With the CQ maps in rotation on server 2, what about those of us who don't plan to purchase them? I assume we'll be booted when the server switches to one of those maps. As a SM, I don't think that's fair.
                    I understand your frustration, but supporting TG means you support ALL of TG, not just the games and maps you want. For example, I don't have pr or arma, but it is perfectly fair for TG to put my SM fees towards those games and maps.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Mortifier, yes, it's a problem. Short term, we will run one server as dedicated to CQ and rotate the maps into our regular server. This is not the final state of our configuration! But we want to ensure everyone can get some time in with the DLC while it's new. Feedback will determine how we organize it after the first days and weeks. As I said in my first post, you'll still be able to get in when the server has 20+ players and we're running only regular Vanilla/B2K maps in rotation. I suspect that that will happen pretty quickly once the server is getting seeded.

With a total of 5 DLCs, it's just not feasible for us to run every permutation that will be available.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
                        Make sure you have your Origin ID in your TG profile so we can easily verify that you are a SM. Then just stop by the admin channel on Teamspeak and request a slot.
                        I assume this means my I.D. (1stMIP-Finestyle) goes in the field for "Battlefield 3 Player I.D." since I cant see a field for Origin I.D.

Oh and I just wanna say thanks to the Admin team for their hard work and dedication!
                        It matters not what letters or numbers come before my name, I'll always be 1stMIP.

sigpic

"It is all about being a teamplayer. Give a kitchen sink to a teamplayer and he'll find a way to support his squad with it."
                        - John_CANavar (Marshall & Founder of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Platoon)

Comment

Yep, correct, whatever your exact in-game name is goes in the Battlefield 3 Player I.D field.

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
                            I understand your frustration, but supporting TG means you support ALL of TG, not just the games and maps you want. For example, I don't have pr or arma, but it is perfectly fair for TG to put my SM fees towards those games and maps.
                            This is not supporting all of TG it's only supporting those who bought the early release of the new DLC. I could understand setting up one server to accommodate the new content but not both. I believe that a sizable portion of our community won't have early access and therefore won't have the content until the 26th.

IMHO a quick poll setup by the admins could readily determine how many community members have the early access , how many will get it on the 26th and how many don't plan on getting the new content. This might help determine how best to time the changes.
                            sigpic

Comment

Let's leave the admining to admins. There's tons of mods and games I don't have that my money goes towards......and I'm good with that.
                              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X