Gun Master Mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Master Mode

I know I'm not the best shooter. Why have a mode where team work does not matter and the best shooter wins. Personally I hate it and it has next to no tactical use.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Re: Gun Master Mode

The best shooters will most likely win in any closed quarter map(gun master mode or not). Or atleast get the most kills. Just because their raw shooting skills are higher than most.

Comment

I haven't played it yet, but its fun In CS:S

Hey if it gives the people who want to run and gun all the time something to do, It leaves the servers open for people who want to work together.

And I agree with Kwalc, which is kinda why I won't be playing close quarters too much, They look fun once and while, maybe nice additions for lower server population but aside from that not much else.

Comment

Not a big fan of Gun Master mode for already stated reasons. I consider myself advanced intermediate in terms of twitch skills, so I can acquit myself pretty well in it, even winning a game or two. But its not what I think Battlefield should be about. There are plenty of other current games on the market that cater to that style of play (obvs, I am looking forward to Armored Kill the most). That said, I think they are great tools to improve your cornering, sit aware, movement, and reticle-on-target skills. We might consider hosting some lesson activities for people that want to work on those particular skills.....

Also, has anyone noticed increased issues with hit detection in the CQ maps? I feel like they messed with the game's base HD settings to compensate for the tighter maps, but can't be sure. Don't experience this on TDM matches which are also highly condensed....

|TG|Serafiel - Pfälzer Wolf
        "For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother"
        - King Henry V, Shakespeare's "Henry V"

Comment

Originally posted by S3rafiel View Post
          We might consider hosting some lesson activities for people that want to work on those particular skills.....
          I am open for questions :)

Comment

Originally posted by Masterjack View Post
            I know I'm not the best shooter. Why have a mode where team work does not matter and the best shooter wins. Personally I hate it and it has next to no tactical use.
            Thanks for starting a thread on this, but remember TG didn't create this gamemode. Let's discuss what we do and/or don't like about GunMaster for future implemetation here at TG. This gamemode is less than 24 hours old, most BF3 players have yet to experience it. Our choice to include it in the rotation is because it's brand new, we didnt'/don't know what to expect, and would have had a huge outcry if we didn't. Complaints about it not requiring teamwork and it's tactical capabilities should be pointed to Dice and EA.

Thanks
            |TG-6th|FYAH29
            "So Far, So Good................So What"

Comment

I love it! I've only gotten to level 13 and this is just about the same as team death match and each indiviual is trying to get another type gun as game progresses. Just got to out think the others and find a good spot. I find that listening to the gun shots and heading that way is a good way to pick off the wounded!

Comment

Originally posted by Masterjack View Post
                Your over thinking it. They do it for fun
                "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

More modes, more ways to play, I think that is what a game should have.

Comment

Not that they should go this way but if they had more modes that were less objective based maybe those less inclined to PTFO would leave us CQ/Rush folk alone. One game mode in the game that shall not be named here is Search and Destroy which rarely saw a high player count simply because it was strongly dependent on your entire team. Rarely did I ever find incapable players in that mode because everyone was off playing DM/TDM/HC/HQ etc....
                    sigpic

Comment

Nothing wrong with an action game. Tons of fun.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I am enjoying it a lot. Lancer and I had some great teamwork going on earlier in the gungame mode. It takes some effort, and it is actually fun because there is a little competetiveness between the players not just between the teams. I think we can space them out a bit more though between rounds... It does get old after a while. I do however feel like there is an issue with lag/hit detection. It started great early in the day, felt fine. Then I got off for 2 hours and came back and couldn't get hits to register. There were a number of us that noticed it. Sometimes there is a little rubberbanding but most of the time its just a feeling of your actual body not being where your screen says it is. All in all its a nice change from vehicle combat, however it does get old. It doesnt have the replay-ability that the regular maps do.

-Crazy
                        |TG| CrazySob
                        sigpic
                        Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Comment

Originally posted by FYAH29 View Post
                          Thanks for starting a thread on this, but remember TG didn't create this gamemode. Let's discuss what we do and/or don't like about GunMaster for future implemetation here at TG. This gamemode is less than 24 hours old, most BF3 players have yet to experience it. Our choice to include it in the rotation is because it's brand new, we didnt'/don't know what to expect, and would have had a huge outcry if we didn't. Complaints about it not requiring teamwork and it's tactical capabilities should be pointed to Dice and EA.

Thanks
                          I'm not knocking TG at all just voicing my issues with the game mode is all. I find if I voice issues here I can find some sort of help or work around for the issue. Secondly I find telling dice and EA my complaints never heeds any answers. I know it is new and not all people have played the game mode, hence the reason I have not asked for it not to be played on the server. I'll wait a few weeks and see how it goes.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Gunney should be allowed claymores on all surfaces including other players.

It shall be called Gunney mode, there are no winners, only Gunney.

Ive neglected the poor C4 so much in BF3
                            I plan to do this many times, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKFAe...tailpage#t=63s

Comment

I think that its a fun mode that it does indeed have no "tactical" importance. But its fun in the sense that you just run around and shoot people. Sometimes I like to mindless wonder the map and kill...
                              "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X