16p CQ server vs 48p Vanilla server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16p CQ server vs 48p Vanilla server

So I enjoyed some 16p CQ action for the first time last night. (10pm-12 EST)

Mainly I was surprised to see that we had 16 players on CQ but ZERO on the 48p server. We probably have 16-20 regular TG BF3 players on any given night, and by us all regs being in CQ, that meant the other server was empty.

Typically the 48p server has been full most nights since we switched over to Hardcore a few weeks ago, and it's been a blast since the switch.

For me, CQ was much less a tactical TG experience than I'm used to seeing in the 48 player server.

The CQ Conquest Deathmatch game mode doesn't direct coordinated action the same way a Rush or Conquest does. First of all, nobody cares about the flags. Let's be honest, it's deathmatch. The flags effect who wins, but with players all over the place, and uncoordinated at that, it just becomes deathmatch with players out to get kills. I think traditional Conquest or even Rush would be better for these maps. For tactics to be effective, the game mode needs to coordinate players, not spawn them instantly and anywhere. It's hard to coordinate because of random spawns, respawning instantly, and flags going down in 5 seconds, combined with too many routes to every spot, making it so no tactic possible can prevent someone coming up behind or flanking you...

Good rule of thumb though, don't use random spawn. Wait for SL to spawn so you can stick together. Or maybe we can make server so you can spawn on anyone in squad. Random spawn is horrible.

Anyway, was fun but I think 48p vanilla/B2K BF3 is usually MORE fun.. 24vs24 on River Siene? That's intense.

I guess overall, I just can't believe that putting up CQ meant our other server was empty, which is a drawback if you want to find that traditional TG BF3 experience we've all been enjoying for the past ~9 months.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by CROSSFlRE; 06-14-2012, 03:13 PM.

Re: 16p CQ server vs 48p Vanilla server

I would actually like to see whole team spawn on since the maps are so fast and random.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Just need people to start seeding the second server.

Comment

From what I understand, TG is putting the new maps into rotation on one of the servers so people can try the maps out and can experience them in a teamwork environment, I am sure the rush and conquest server will start filling up in a week or two.

Comment

I haven't been on in awhile for personal reasons, Still waiting for some money so I can get Close quarters.

Comment

One consideration I though might resolve this....

What if we run the HC Rush/Conquest server as we have been, but switch up the CQ server with some server settings that would encourage more teamwork (increasing the spawn time is an obvious choice).

It would take the CQ server out of the listings, but would move Conquest Domination closer to a TG experience.

|TG|Serafiel - Pfälzer Wolf
            "For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother"
            - King Henry V, Shakespeare's "Henry V"

Comment

Originally posted by S3rafiel View Post

It would take the CQ server out of the listings, but would move Conquest Domination closer to a TG experience.
              And making it empty again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
                And making it empty again.
                agreed

I'll be on the conquest server soon seeing how i have not bought premium yet but am planning too.
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Originally posted by di1lweed1212 View Post
                  agreed

I'll be on the conquest server soon seeing how i have not bought premium yet but am planning too.
                  Ditto
                  sigpic

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/O9psZ.jpg

That being said, I do think they would be nice additions to the main server for low populations, you can only play Seine crossing so many times before you snap.

The low population is just because everyone is trying out the new maps, but leaving it open for those who haven't bought it get a chance to play without getting kicked.
                    Last edited by Brainhurts; 06-15-2012, 01:00 AM.

Comment

If we change the default settings for CQ, that makes it no longer appear on the public list of servers?

I don't know how that works.

But I would make the following changes IF possible:

1) Get rid of Deathmatch game mode, move to Rush or Conquest.. (Seems these maps would be good for Rush, which was popular in BC2 but for some reason not in BF3)

2) If #1 not possible, maybe removing random spawn from game mode is... IE move spawns to flags.

3) If #1 and #2 both not possible, maybe change so players can spawn on all squad members

4) Increase spawn timer, thus increasing the penalty from dying.. encouraging less "deathmatch" kamikaze behavior

5) Increase length of time to capture flag. This will focus the action as people wont be running from flag to flag so quick.

Anyway just some thoughts. Hope we get some good Friday night action tonight either way. See you there.

Comment

To put it bluntly, if you want to see a server seeded you need to do it yourself.

Close Quarters is new and fun. People will shift back to our normal server, but it will need to be seeded.
                        Skud

Comment

There's no option to change away from random spawn, and none for changing time to capture flags. We can change ticket counts, and currently the CQ server is running at 200% I believe.

And to keep our servers listed in battlelog:

We can change maps and game mode freely and mix as we want.

We can't change the SL/Squad spawn flag or it becomes a custom server.

We can't change the player respawn time, however we are allowed to change the vehicle respawn time.

Comment

@ Crossfire

The stated reason that custom servers aren't listed through battlelog is to prevent people from creating custom servers that others can use to farm points/ranks/weapons on. It hinders communities like TG from creating more team-centric experiences, but at the same time is preventing the vast majority of pubbies from artificially inflating their stats.

|TG|Serafiel - Pfälzer Wolf
                            "For he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother"
                            - King Henry V, Shakespeare's "Henry V"

Comment

Originally posted by S3rafiel View Post
                              @ Crossfire

The stated reason that custom servers aren't listed through battlelog is to prevent people from creating custom servers that others can use to farm points/ranks/weapons on. It hinders communities like TG from creating more team-centric experiences, but at the same time is preventing the vast majority of pubbies from artificially inflating their stats.
                              Personally, who the hell cares if they stat pad or not? It does nothing to you, your community or your server. If this is the true reason, it is severely idiotic to say the least.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X