Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So 8 months in, How is BF3 going for you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So 8 months in, How is BF3 going for you?

Myself?

Loving it, Best BF game for myself by far, A close tie with Return to Castle Wolfenstein for most fun I have had in a FPS.

Im looking forward to Armored kill, Haven't played close quarters yet, Not sure I'll like it much, but It looks fun enough.

Re: So 8 months in, How is BF3 going for you?

RTCW was a soul stealer for me. I am not sure any bf game can match the fun I had in that game.

BF3 is a decent pastime. It is better than any other popular squad based shooter out there. I like that playing on the TG server often results in a decent squad VOIP experience.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
      BF3 is a decent pastime. It is better than any other popular squad based shooter out there.
      ^^ this

I've spent 175 (ranked) hours with the game, that's around 20 hours every month, and still enjoy it with the recently added content.
      former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

I use to play the original Wolfenstein, it was fantastic, RTCW was also great

BF3 has been very fun for me, I think as time goes on it will shape more and more into what TG wills it to be (mature teamwork oriented play). Round by round my friends......round by round

oh and sitll have to buy premium lol

EDIT: also, if each map pack has 4 maps, we'll have 29 maps :O (if you really think about it, the other BF games had infinite cause people would just make them with mod tools :p) But still! :)
        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I've never played Wolfenstien so I can't compare BF3 to that, but with regards to my previous experiences with BF titles my interest only lasted a couple months...to me it just doesn't hold a candle to BF2 or BF2142, and I might be crazy but it feels like I had more fun playing BC2. It is difficult to pinpoint why exactly...I know weapon balance and infantry vs. vehicle balance has something to do with it for me. I think the biggest thing is that this game just doesn't have depth...its like a seven tiered cake with fives layers styrofoam, sure it looks good at first glance from the outside but there just isn't enough tasty cake to go around.

Once Mechwarrior Online comes I think that will be the last you see of me playing BF3 (not that you see a lot of that now).

Comment

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
            Once Mechwarrior Online comes I think that will be the last you see of me playing BF3 (not that you see a lot of that now).
            725 hours and loving every minute of it (3 hours a day everyday I think I have a problem)

Mechwarrior online they do this?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Al Lunn View Post
              725 hours and loving every minute of it (3 hours a day everyday I think I have a problem)

Mechwarrior online they do this?
              Yep, coming out in August. This video gives a good overall idea about it.

Comment

Yep, coming out in August. This video gives a good overall idea about it.
                I just checked out the site PC only no consoles and Team Oriented with MOD tools from the FAQ's I feel another addiction and possibly a divorce coming on I wonder if I could actually manage 6 hours a day of gameplay lol

Q. Will MechWarrior® Online™ be PC exclusive?

A. At this time we have no plans to take MechWarrior® Online™ to any other platforms.
                Q. Will team play be a major part of MechWarrior® Online™, as described in the 2009 interview?

A. Yes. A big yes in fact. Team play will be critical in combat as player roles and BattleMech builds will vary from player to player. Whether you play as a scout or as an assault type, it's completely up to you and each of the roles is very important to fill on the battlefield.

Q. Will MechWarrior® Online™ ship with a map editor or any other kind of Mod Support?

A. At the moment we are not planning on shipping a map editor for the mod community. While this may seem unfortunate, the beauty of how our content delivery system works in a Free-To-Play environment is that we will be constantly pushing new content downstream to the player. This prevents the game from stagnating like a standalone product and also allows us to keep on top of quality control so you as a player get the best experience possible.
                Q. Will DLC be offered in the new MechWarrior® Online™ game?

A. Not in the way that you imagine it. Content will be pushed to you via the game patcher. Once a patch has been applied, new game content is immediately available to you. Larger patches could be considered expansion packs but again, it's pushed to you the player at no cost.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah it does sounds really, really awesome...and going to be scary addictive...I don't want to hijack Brains thread though...I'll start a new one to talk about Mechwarrior online since it would be good to spread the word and get as many TG people into it as possible :row__576:

Comment

Yeah it does sounds really, really awesome...and going to be scary addictive...I don't want to hijack Brains thread though...I'll start a new one to talk about Mechwarrior online since it would be good to spread the word and get as many TG people into it as possible :row__576:
                    OK Brain is an Armor Warrior He'll love this game
                    sigpic

Comment

Agree with specter.

Comment

yeah im kinda falling into it too lol, your jackign all of us!! :p
                        |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Enjoying it for what it is now, enjoying playing with more TG'rs and looking forward to Armoured Kill, maps that will actually be about the right size for Infantry lol! No but seriously enjoying the weapons and the pick up and play nature. Whilst I find the CQ maps a bit too COD for my personal taste the extra content is fine and bolsters a limited range, more content is good (still don't agree with the business model and neither does the head of Crytek).
                          Yerli believes that the current packaged games model of DLC and premium services like Call of Duty: Elite are "milking customers to death.”

Comment

I feel like other companies are hearing the complaints about EA and Dice and are learning from it hahaha
                            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

BF2 PR is my first love, all I want is an improved version of it with out the head aches of ARMA. BF3 will do for now as long as I can use TS to communicate with my squad. In game VOIP would be better. That MechWarrior on-line is tweaking my interest though.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X