Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On the fence with CQ...WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the fence with CQ...WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I haven't gotten CQ, and recently my play time has been drastically cut. However, I still enjoy BF3 especially with TGers. I just don't know if CQ will be worth it. I have heard the maps are pretty solid, and I would like to stay current with what TG is supporting. So, what are your thoughts on CQ?

As a side note: I am not trying to get into a discussion about DLC, paying for content, etc... I am just wondering if you guys are enjoying the content. We all can spend our money as we please, and I am just looking for thoughts on the content of this DLC.

Re: On the fence with CQ...WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Its fun and yes I think you should. We have had some epic rounds of CQ in our server and pubbing. You have to realize its COD style play though. If you like that then its a lot of fun, and you have to keep in mind that its not the typical slow play of battlefield. Its very fast paced, but its a nice change from all the headaches that armor can pose on a normal map. Its a lot of fun.

You have to decide for yourself if its worthit. Yes it is fun.

-Crazy
    |TG| CrazySob
    sigpic
    Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Comment

Get it, it's crazy fun. The "sweet" spot is 32-48 players, it's a great mixture of close combat craziness without too much enemies spawning all over you :)
      I've been having a blast playing in public servers, running in circles with my F2000 spraying from the hip.
      You know what attract bullets the most in Battlefield 3?? MY HEAD!!
      sigpic

Comment

What crazy said..... Pretty much nailed it
        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Yes, have some.
          |TG-55| Infantry Division - Former Captain

Comment

I like it a lot its a nice change of pace from the standard conquest maps
            sigpic

Comment

Run and gun fun. Enjoy
              TG21 Seriousturtle

Comment

It is fun to change things up. Gun master is a blast with the new maps.

Comment

My brother and I were actually talking about this last night. I have noticed that since I have been mixing in some CQ, I have actually become better at the regular maps/modes.

I am quicker on the trigger now. My tendency to just spray bullets all over is improving, so I'm getting quicker kills, more headshots, etc.. I see and identify enemy units faster than before. I don't just run headlong at full speed into buildings or the flag cap radius anymore like a bull in a china shop.....I now make rapid sweeps back and forth as I more carefully enter and move through buildings, checking corners, higher ground, etc..

I can't play a lot of CQ rounds back to back....it just starts to stress me out because it's so intense. But after I put in a few rounds and move back to a regular map, I can relax more and yet still find that my senses are more heightened, and I typically perform better.
                  |TG-55| Infantry Division - Former Captain

Comment

Originally posted by BigMcLarge View Post
                    My brother and I were actually talking about this last night. I have noticed that since I have been mixing in some CQ, I have actually become better at the regular maps/modes.

I am quicker on the trigger now. My tendency to just spray bullets all over is improving, so I'm getting quicker kills, more headshots, etc.. I see and identify enemy units faster than before. I don't just run headlong at full speed into buildings or the flag cap radius anymore like a bull in a china shop.....I now make rapid sweeps back and forth as I more carefully enter and move through buildings, checking corners, higher ground, etc..

I can't play a lot of CQ rounds back to back....it just starts to stress me out because it's so intense. But after I put in a few rounds and move back to a regular map, I can relax more and yet still find that my senses are more heightened, and I typically perform better.
                    I am starting to find the same thing, so it's not just you. Seeing and identifying people is what I'm starting to improve on....just ask Gunney for some reason I shoot him a lot. :)

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

It does increase reaction time, but a lot of people are still trying to RnG with a lazer sight on. It does however give a chance to actually use a shotty... effectivly. Again though its the same as COD just with a BF feel to it. It is the same as domination in almost every way.
                      |TG| CrazySob
                      sigpic
                      Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazySob View Post
                        It does increase reaction time, but a lot of people are still trying to RnG with a lazer sight on. It does however give a chance to actually use a shotty... effectivly. Again though its the same as COD just with a BF feel to it. It is the same as domination in almost every way.
                        I am loving getting a chance to use the shotty. A few other guns to I never used on the big maps.

Comment

Yeah, CQ is really helping me with my aim and "strategic reloading". Also, I'm getting better with switching to the handgun in the middle of a firefight :D
                          You know what attract bullets the most in Battlefield 3?? MY HEAD!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey henry! The CQ maps are like a worse version of call of duty maps...with bf3's random spawns. IMO not really worth it. I'm hoping the next few DLC's are less half-assed.

Comment

mildly amusing. not sure that it is worth the price.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X