• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] Matches

Interesting.

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/07...battlefield-3/

Re: Matches

Looks like you will be able to enhance the TG scrims.

Also with the recent third person "spectator" glitch, Maybe possibly they will be adding it, otherwise it makes no sense at all for a glitch to exist that puts you into a hudless spectator mode.

Also my computers still broken, so im playing world of tanks, WHAT A SURPRISE!. Playing a game where the only thing is tanks.

Comment

Uhm. This is all useless? We do all of this already without the need for this. I dont know what features this has that we dont already do ourselves for comp play. This does nothing to, as they put it, "advance online competitive play". Everything they state is already custimizable through warcon and teams agree to whatever ruleset they must play by.

Bring me something usefull then I will be happy :)

Comment

Originally posted by Battlefield Blog
        Players will be able to coordinate Matches for PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 through the Battlelog. To coordinate a Match a player must be actively renting a dedicated server. Once a dedicated server has been selected the Match host can set the Match name, start time, game mode, team size, and map rotations.
        Wait, what? They're going to have to clarify this, because at first pass this only sounds like a more "user friendly" way of a configuring a dedicated server. For that matter, how is who gets to use server x for a match determined? Or, how does Battlelog determine that you are the server owner, particularly on the PC platform?

So at best we're going to get a new (albeit useless) tool to play with, and at worst we'll get a buggy, slipshod feature with potential hacking and server control problems. Wonderful....

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

What I got from it was that you could Host the match on your PC if it can handle it, or Create Custom maps and settings to play with your friends without being an Admin.

If it means Renting a Server, Fail.
          Last edited by MrMojay; 07-06-2012, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Useless I say =)

Well atleast they are bringing something new to the game. Maybe at some point they will bring out the things that we really miss.
            sigpic

Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers
            "Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

I don't think its that useless, It is pretty much what you guys have been doing but more in depth.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X