Map rotation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map rotation

Something about the current setup keeps rotating back to the same three small Conquest maps (might be the adaptive plugin). Last night I played Davamand twice in the span of an hour. It is a miserable map to begin with for the majority of players (except for Almightydirtyboy who seems to excel at finding spots to infinitely snipe people in hallways without being visible himself), but suffering through repeated "tank takes B, has two engineers invulnerable behind it while it sits at the entrance to the tunnel" gets really really old. (Yes there is the scout heli, but now an entire team is captive to the actions of a single pilot navigating over the glitchy out of bounds mountain and hoping he gets to drop someone off at A or C).

I am also still pretty peeved whenever Karkand comes up (which with 4 versions in your rotation...is quite often). The map is unbalanced. Maybe I will start gathering battlereports to prove this to you guys. I had two squads ragequit on me (including one with a TG member where 4 of us were working together) during it the last time I played because they were sick of being killed ad nauseum by super fast thermal vision tanks/apcs with nearly instant repair.

One other admining comment. A lot of us are fighting the scrambler lately...not to stay on the same team or unbalance things, but to be in a squad with people on TS on our team. Not sure if there is a way around this, but we will have a good round of 4 people working together and suddenly 2 of us are cast into squads with no one on TS and our old squad is filled up with a non-TS in the squad lead position preventing kicking from squad. With no way to see who is where in TS we waste precious early game time communicating via text in game to try to get a squad of actual teamwork back together.

If this is a technological limitation, can we at least have a longer warm up period to get ourselves back together?

Re: Map rotation

The map rotation starts with a random map when player count changes, and with only ~10 maps in rotation, it means that you have a 20% chance of playing the same map again within two rounds.

FWIW, our vehicle spawntimes for Damavand is twice as fast as normal to promote more aggressive use of vehicles in breaking a stalemate. We might lower this even more to 33%. Point is: Get to da chopper.

I don't remember what the vehicle spawn time for Karkand is, I'll check and see if it needs to be adjusted.

As for the scrambler: There have been a lot of people protesting that they never saw new faces in their squad because the old one kept squads intact. The only way to get new faces into a squad is to first move some of the old ones out of it.

We can't make the warmup period longer than 30 seconds, sorry. I'd love to set it to 90 seconds or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
      The map rotation starts with a random map when player count changes, and with only ~10 maps in rotation, it means that you have a 20% chance of playing the same map again within two rounds.

FWIW, our vehicle spawntimes for Damavand is twice as fast as normal to promote more aggressive use of vehicles in breaking a stalemate. We might lower this even more to 33%. Point is: Get to da chopper.

I don't remember what the vehicle spawn time for Karkand is, I'll check and see if it needs to be adjusted.

As for the scrambler: There have been a lot of people protesting that they never saw new faces in their squad because the old one kept squads intact. The only way to get new faces into a squad is to first move some of the old ones out of it.

We can't make the warmup period longer than 30 seconds, sorry. I'd love to set it to 90 seconds or so.
      Okay thanks. Shame about that warm up time.

20% is pretty high. Once again I would urge consideration of some Rush to be thrown in the mix, but I guess that is how it goes. We finally got some Firestorm last night so I shouldn't complain too much. I am just so sick of Davamand (which of course I played again last night...along with Karkand...pretty much guaranteed every time I play). Once again no Kharg (your randomizer really hates that map).

Faster vehicle spawns would not help Karkand. I would actually suggest raising the timer much higher. Last night the defending team finally won because a few of us were completely dedicated to protecting our tank spawn. We had to kill 3 rushing tanks in the first 5 or so minutes just to keep our tanks.

Formula for that map is way too simple. Rush the very last point with your vehicles and a swarm of engineers = win if there is not a squad 100% dedicated to keeping it safe.

Somehow the person at DICE who recognized this strategy and made the gamemode in 2142 where the vehicles spawn was unavailable for capture until all others were capped couldn't convince them to alter the flag style in Karkand (probably because fans would have raged).

Less super fast vehicles and more conservation of those heavy assets in an urban enviroment would make Karkand better (well that...removing 3d spots on mines and nerfing thermal vision, but you can't affect those other two).

Comment

How about throw in team death match with less then 20 people, or rush, or squad deathmatch, I don't see an issue with any of those with less then 20 people.

I havn't played in a while, but the scrambler sounds like a good idea. Thats the problem I found with the server all the good players ended up on the same team in the same squads round after round.

Flags should have a meaning and they should have to be defended, Armor or strategic spawn point, doesn't matter, every flag should have a different reason you want to cap it or hold it and not just because of tickets, armored kill seems like it will have much more of that.

Im not even gonna touch the subject about vehicles, already have too many times, just turns into a its op its not op whine fest for everyone involved.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
          How about throw in team death match with less then 20 people, or rush, or squad deathmatch, I don't see an issue with any of those with less then 20 people.

I havn't played in a while, but the scrambler sounds like a good idea. Thats the problem I found with the server all the good players ended up on the same team in the same squads round after round.

Flags should have a meaning and they should have to be defended, Armor or strategic spawn point, doesn't matter, every flag should have a different reason you want to cap it or hold it and not just because of tickets, armored kill seems like it will have much more of that.

Im not even gonna touch the subject about vehicles, already have too many times, just turns into a its op its not op whine fest for everyone involved.
          Don't get me wrong, the scrambler is completely necessary to solve that problem you mention. I was just frustrated by being cast out of a squad with 4 people on ts into a squad with no one. In a perfect world I would get to meet new people and play in a new squad, sadly lately it just means I spend time hopping sqauds with openings to find someone on TS.

The inability to change warm up without going "Custom" is just absurd on DICE's part. The number of times my squad leader is still loading the map and we had lost two flags already is annoying.

I think SQDM is a decent choice for small player numbers, it is really more tactical than TDM especially if teams play it to take out the APC smartly. It is a different dynamic.

Nevertheless, that 16 player count isn't the issue here. We had 24 players onlast night when it rotated to the 3 flag version of Davamand. So I am guessing it takes 32 or more to get to a larger size? 48? There are not a whole lot of small conquest maps I understand, but I will stick by Rush being a better mode there (Remember BC2 only had 32 on Rush).

Comment

I think the player amount for bigger maps is too high, anything 24+ should be all maps+smallest size, anything 30+ should be all maps+all map sizes.

The issue with TS, I think it should be enforced a little more, or atleast encouraged more, All squad leaders must be in teamspeak kinda deal, the server already has some rules viewed by some in the community as crazy, making people use teamspeak as the squad leader isn't going to hurt anyone.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X