Damavand Map Frequency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damavand Map Frequency

No discussion about tanks here. To reiterate, no discussion about vehicle balance at all. This thread is about the frequency of Davamand in the map rotation.

I wanted to point out that we played Damavand Small twice in a two hour period last night... again. I know there are limited small maps, but this one literally sees the teams scrambled or half the server quit each time after it. I went and looked up the statistics and gametracker confirms that 19% of all the maps played on the #2 server are Damavand (that is the highest percentage of any map).

http://www.gametracker.com/server_in...185.122:19967/

I know this is well within administrator power to alter so I thought it was worth a separate mention.

Re: Damavand Map Frequency

Can we just have all the maps in rotation when there is more then 20 people, except metro.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
      Can we just have all the maps in rotation when there is more then 20 people, except metro.
      I think the trouble is that it keeps dropping below 20 and then builds back up within a round or two. BF3 is notorious for this on all but the most 24/7 or Metro type servers. There are actually too many servers for the size of the player base and one side effect is that players only play what they want when they want. Doesn't bother DICE as their customers are served, but it makes it darn hard to populate a community server.

Perhaps the number of maps on the under 20 selection needs to be looked at or maybe drop 20 to 16, not sure. Worst comes to worst you can start duplicating maps in the rotation to bump up their frequency.

Comment

I'll take another look at the rotations, we had to completely rebuild them a few weeks ago and it's possible that Damavand is in it more than it should be.

Just FYI we run 3 rotations, Small maps for <16 (or 20? not sure atm) people, medium maps for 16-32 people, large maps for 32+ people.

The large rotation should have all maps except Metro and Teheran. The medium might have all except Teheran. The small rotation is more limited.

Comment

Could you put in Gun Master mode in the map rotation? I dont even care if it is Kirkland! I just realy enjoy playing that mode!

Comment

*shoos gunney away with a broom*

To answer what you asked, Didn't you decide on Having one server that would be Close Quarters, while the main one would have Vanilla B2K and Armored kill?

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
              Could you put in Gun Master mode in the map rotation? I dont even care if it is Kirkland! I just realy enjoy playing that mode!
              Only runs on CQ pack maps. Your "Kirkland" reference really made me chuckle though (being a town outside Seattle whose name Costco uses for its store brand products). Not sure if it was intentional, but I liked it.

My clan is having issues trying to figure out how to run that mode with anything. Right now we do a conquest domination/tdm server, a Gun game server, and a Rush/CQ server. Only the gun game ever stays populated oddly, but we don't really want to mix such an individualized mode in with the others yet. Might go in with our other CQ pack server.

Have you considered using SQDM for your 16 and under game mode? It can be surprisingly tactical and team oriented. We use it for 12 and under since we find 12 is usually enough to get going on those medium size maps (granted our server is only 32 players).

Comment

I notice people join wanting just the Squad deathmatch, but then it switches to conquest, they get mad and leave and the process repeats.

Comment

Just checked the settings, Damavand was setup as the first map in the list, changed to start with random map.

To confirm what I said earlier, the large rotation has all maps except Metro and Teheran. The medium rotation has all except Teheran.

Every now and then I've put a GM map on the small server, seems hit or miss whether people like it or leave. Definitely not going on the large server!

Originally posted by Misnomer View Post
                  Have you considered using SQDM for your 16 and under game mode? It can be surprisingly tactical and team oriented. We use it for 12 and under since we find 12 is usually enough to get going on those medium size maps (granted our server is only 32 players).
                  Yep, SQDM is a really good game mode for BF3. However, for a while I've wanted to keep the rotation CQ only to ensure it shows up in the browser and people have it in their history or favorites.

Originally posted by Brainhurts View Post
                  I notice people join wanting just the Squad deathmatch, but then it switches to conquest, they get mad and leave and the process repeats.
                  Yep, part of the problem with the server filter. People have to open the server details and mouse over the maplist to see that it's mixed mode. Most don't and get annoyed when the mode changes.

Comment

I second this, a GM in the mix would be cool.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X