A few things to talk about, server and community updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few things to talk about, server and community updates

First, I'm glad to see that we're getting full servers on a regular basis. Last night both servers were full and had queues. Good stuff.

Reserved slots are now working on BF3, and the SM list was updated last night. Make sure you have your soldier name in your profile so you don't have to wait in line!

Attentive people have noticed that we're testing out the conquest server with 24 slots to give each team 3 squads to work with (2 attacking, 1 defending or vice versa).

But I've also seen some nice, close, tactical games over the last week where having a few more people defending or attacking would have improved the match and broken a stalemate. Feedback on how this affects gameplay is wanted, and don't fall into the whack-a-mole trap!

That brings me to my second point(s): Don't settle for squadmates who don't listen, squad leaders who don't lead, and please try to promote TeamSpeak as much as possible. If you want people to play with you, you have to ask them to join TeamSpeak or use text chat. Teamwork is not optional on our servers, people may follow simple order markers, but it's better to actually communicate with them.

I've seen more new faces in TS recently, but we can definitely do better. This is absolutely critical for providing an environment conductive for teamwork and it falls on the community to do it on a regular basis.

Please ask new players to write "@rules" to get a list of the rules, be patient with them and explain the rules when needed, and make it your goal to bring them into the community. Reports are always welcomed, but it's a lot more effective to tell a squad mate that "Hey, soandso, jihad jeeps aren't allowed, write @rules for server rules" than to go through an admin just to convey the same thing. Many people really do listen and follow the rules once informed of them. Especially if you get them onto TeamSpeak.

The chat filter we're running will kill people on the first offense, kick on the second, and finally ban on the third. This has all been done quietly until now with only the offending player seeing the message. Now it should show a message publicly as well as privately so it's clear what action was taken.

Speaking of rule enforcement, we've recently added E_Leader to the admin team, I'm glad to have him on board, big thanks to him for stepping up and helping out!

We're also now about a month away from the release of Armored Kill, I know a lot of people are looking forward to it and the maps and vehicles that it'll bring. Bigger maps, new vehicles, more Battlefield!

Re: A few things to talk about, server and community updates

One little thing to mention about the TS. Last night I had a heck of a time getting a guy the proper ts servername/ip thing. I typed it several times, but probably because he was a bit of a newbie not knowing how to change his message box....he kept missing parts or mistyping the name.

If you could add the TS server name to the upper left scrolling messages, it might help to get more people on.

Comment

I believe the teamspeak address is already present in the spambot.
      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
        I believe the teamspeak address is already present in the spambot.
        Yep, spambot cycles through 3 messages
        • Connect Teamspeak to TS.TacticalGamer.com:9988
        • Write @rules for server rules
        • Report problems by writing "admin reporting <player> <issue>"

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
          Yep, spambot cycles through 3 messages
          • Connect Teamspeak to TS.TacticalGamer.com:9988
          • Write @rules for server rules
          • Report problems by writing "admin reporting <player> <issue>"
          I see the other two quite often, but the TS one only rarely, if at all, for some reason. Not sure. Maybe I don't pay attention to the first or something?

Anyway, I would still recommend upping the frequency of that message based on my experience in game. When I first joined you guys on BF3 I actually came to this website to find that info again (I had you bookmarked in TS2 way back in the day). Honestly it is not easy to find server info on this website anymore either (not impossible, just not easy). So more frequent spambot messages about ts would likely be appreciated.

Honestly, if anyone complains about there being too much spam up there they are being picky. 2142 always had squad forcing messages up there and that happens silently now. No commander spam in BF3.... so just no good reason to complain about cluttering the screen.

Comment

Maybe have it and the rules listed in, whatever that little blue bar at the bottom is called.

Comment

So is not joining TS going to be a kick-able offense now?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DeF View Post
                So is not joining TS going to be a kick-able offense now?
                Nowhere in Fallen's post does it say anything about kicking folks who are not on Teamspeak. We definetely encourage TeamSpeak use by as many people on server as possible, but hasn't been, nor will become, a kickable offense to not be in TeamSpeak. His post does remind us that it's up to us (those on the server, and in TS) to encourage new players on the server to join us on TS.

Originally posted by Misnomer View Post
                Honestly it is not easy to find server info on this website anymore either (not impossible, just not easy).
                With a website as large as this, supporting so many games, I agree it could be challenging to find the address for a player who is experiencing the TG website for the first time. The address can be found in the stickies above, and I've changed the title of the TeamSynch post to key folks looking for the address to find it in that post.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ress-here.html
                |TG-6th|FYAH29
                "So Far, So Good................So What"

Comment

Thanks for all of the work guys PS Like the 24 player setting so far on the CQ server
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FYAH29 View Post
                    Nowhere in Fallen's post does it say anything about kicking folks who are not on Teamspeak. We definetely encourage TeamSpeak use by as many people on server as possible, but hasn't been, nor will become, a kickable offense to not be in TeamSpeak. His post does remind us that it's up to us (those on the server, and in TS) to encourage new players on the server to join us on TS.
                    That's why I asked. :row__582: Thanks for the update!
                    sigpic

Comment

Just that, we've been running both servers full regularly for a bit now, which is great, but we also have to get people onto TeamSpeak and onto the forums.

Having full servers is not a goal, having good servers is. Help us make it happen.

Comment

Fallen, is the SM list on the server updated automatically or is it done by hand? Wondering since the SM script kicked me earlier today from Server 1.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Manual still, I hope to get to importing it automatically asap.

Any admin should be able to add people to the reserved slots on request though.

Comment

Update on the SM slots: Testing now, hopefully completely implemented in the next day or two. All current SMs should be in the list.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X