Shooting parachutists

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting parachutists

Just a quick one that I was wondering about.

Is shooting down a player spawn parachuting allowed on the TG servers?

I bring it up because last game I played (not on TG) there was a ****-hot sniper who would get us every single time and it was pretty annoying since they had all the flags, any time my section would make some ground or managed to sneak around and put up a spawn it was next to usless because of this guy. We got smashed.

I can see why it would be allowed more then it wouldn't funny enough, it's not that big an issue I just wondered if anyone else thought about it.

Re: Shooting parachutists

they are fair game
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I don't see it as an issue. If you are parachuting in you are asking to get shot :P

Quick note: if you place the beacon below a roof (inside a building) you spawn in on the ground.
      former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Only if its Ven, or Kwalc

Comment

lol I like hitting people parachuting in with my jet >:D its so much fun. Or when people bail out of a burning jet just to get rammed or shot out of their chute, soooo satisfying lol.
          |TG| CrazySob
          sigpic
          Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazySob View Post
            lol I like hitting people parachuting in with my jet >:D its so much fun. Or when people bail out of a burning jet just to get rammed or shot out of their chute, soooo satisfying lol.
            I haven't accomplished this yet. My jet piloting skills still need some work (whereas my helo skills are peaked out). But I always want and try to come around and hit the guys that jump out of their jet before they explode. I'll get one of them one of these days! :D Btw, 9 times out of 10, I stay with my jet because of the slight chance I might be able to make it to the ground to repair.

As far as being on the ground and taking out people in parachutes, unless they're dropping onto your general vicinity, it's pretty difficult to take them out. This isn't even something that has ever been brought up before at TG as far as I know, so definitely a non-issue. The guy you were playing against either was just a really good sniper, or had a lot of practice taking out people on parachutes.

Comment

As said above, no problem shooting people in parachutes :)

Comment

Yes, and since they can shoot down at enemies, they are fair game. I got lucky and shot Fallen on the way down yesterday! :)

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
                  Yes, and since they can shoot down at enemies, they are fair game. I got lucky and shot Fallen on the way down yesterday! :)
                  Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
                  As said above, no problem shooting people in parachutes :)
                  Addendum: Except for shooting admin crew.

Comment

Hahaha. Nice.

Comment

But... Can I still ram you with mah jet???? PWEEEZZZZZZZZZZ????? its funney ;D Or skimming poor people on the ground. That was an epic squad wipe the other day rofl.
                      |TG| CrazySob
                      sigpic
                      Wondering where I am? Look up and wait for the inevitable sound of 2000lbs of death and destruction that is about to ruin your day.

Comment

Crazy, I'm going to play devils avocate here, in terms of the Primer. Is there ever a time a jet pilot would intentionally try to ram his jet into infantry on the ground and it not be kamakazi? I'm sure that during WWII planes hit guys in the air, unintentionally so I'll leave that alone.
                        sigpic

Comment

I didnt do it on purpose lol... Thats what made it awesome. I was trying to get away from AA missiles using below radar... Just so happened there was a squad running down the road I flew down. And I usually try and gun the guys down in a parachute but its not like im going to aviod hitting them... I dont go looking to ram people gliding down, usually just trying to shoot them out of the sky. But if I miss im going to keep flying, just as if you are in a tank... If they are 5 ft infront of you and you miss with your cannon are you going to try and avoid them? No you are going to make a pancake... But I agree with you, there is no reason to every TRY and road kill people with an aircraft... Or any vehicle for that matter. But, when it does happen its really funny.

-Crazy
                          |TG| CrazySob
                          sigpic

Comment

I almost locked on to a tank with a Jav. from a parachute :p landed to quick
                            |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X